MadManMingo

Curvey Clothes

indexed.gif B-OV-27A

Call them mini-modulars, stackables or whatever.... I like them. And they make a nice and fast little town, which my little son loves. But when Toyz R Us made their little shop I thought. Hey lets urbanize :sweet:

The first little project in that line I made for real, is a small mens clothe shop. It came out of a little LDD-jamming with interacting curves. You could call it a little study for something bigger. Maybe a modular... who knows.

P1110807.JPG

P1110809.JPG

P1110814.JPG

P1110810.JPG

P1110812.JPG

P1110813.JPG

P1110806.JPG

Fantastic small design 'MadManMingo', tile the floor and add a register if possible and you'll have an AWESOME little Lego City addition. :sweet:

The exterior design is beautiful, very art deco ! :sweet:

Brick On 'MMM' ! :grin:

I agree with others, the architectural style is great with all the curves. The building looks nice, and I think it would look even better with other sets. Standing alone gives me a too dark effect because of all the black. I like the simple and effective interiors as well. Nicely done.

Thanks y'all!

It actually had a register, when I made it in ldd. But I forgot to order that brick in PAB. Maybe I'll copy the one from pet-shop, which is fresh in mind.

I'll add some pics tonight with a neighbourhood, when I get home tonight. It also has a sign and logo now.

Here's a little more fotage, to see the shop in its local environment.

P1110818.JPG

P1110820.JPG

I took your word Redhead1982 about the darkness and installed some lights above the glass-shelfs.

P1110821.JPG

Unfortunately the shopowner forgot to switch the light on *huh*

P1110822.JPG

I'ts a good thing, that four out of ten citizens in lego city are policemen, with that car-theft going on outside the shop :wink:

Is there a friendly Moderator who would ad "MOC" in the beginning of the topic-title?

I forgot :blush:

By the way... I'm working on a little coffee-place in the same scale. More soon :wink:

The lights and the 'Toj' sign adds life to this creation. And too bad the lights are turned off. :sad: Seeing the clothes shop in the context of some other buildings, it looks wonderfull. As I said before, the colour combination of black and white with round edges and curves works amazing. Looking forward seeing your caffe!

Sadly, I think I'm not smart enough to see the pics of your MOC... :sad: :sad: :sad:

EDIT: Forget it -- I just gained a sudden burst of intelligence and I can now see the pics! Brilliant MOC! It fits perfectly with the other buildings. Nice city you got there! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Artifex

Thanks Artifex and Redhead1982 (@Redhead Love your latest corner modular by the way). I appreciate your comments. As someone said, it's a classic city kind of build. I like to transfer ideas and principles from the modular world to small city builds. My son also loves these little buildings. So what's a dad to doo :wink:

The Coffee model is up next, with colours that leads your thoughts to a certain world wide known chain .... wink wink... :classic:

Thanks for the kind words. :blush:

@Redhead Love your latest corner modular by the way

I'm thinking something greenish? :wink:

The Coffee model is up next, with colours that leads your thoughts to a certain world wide known chain .... wink wink... :classic: