Blackar

Napoleonic Wars Troops

Hi, after months of watching this forum I finally decided to register me as a user.

As long as I can remember I am a big fan of the Napoleonic Era. Therefore LEGO Pirates was my favorite LEGO theme in my childhood.

When in 2010 the IFS was released my love to LEGO was renewed. Since my friends gave me the IFS for my birthday I can describe mysels as an AFOL. :pir-grin:

I bought many sets and ordered a lot of pieces on bricklink. The peak of this Lego-Renaissance was my trip to Legoland last year.

Today I will show you how I configure my troops. I build them only with LEGO parts but I try to give them a "realistic" touch.

British Army

brit01.jpg

On this picture you can see 4 different types of Infantry.

No. 1: Line Infantry.

No. 2: 95th Rifles, I used dark green arms and pants, so they look a bit more realistic :pir_laugh2:

No. 3: Royal Marines

No. 4: another type of Line Infantry

brit03.jpg

British Foot Artillery and one guy of the Royal Horse Artillery (the left one)

brit04.jpg

something like Pioneer Foot Guards

brit05.jpg

Life Guards

brit02.jpg

Last but not least the General Staff.

You see that I combine the torsos from Pirates I and II and the torso from the Royal Guard.

I hope you like the design of my troops. I will post my french troops as soon as possible.

Those are some good looking soldiers. I think that those pioneer guards need to shave, though.

Thanks!

Yes they really have to, but there is no time to do it in war. Furthermore I guess their axes are blunt. :pir-grin:

As I promised here are my french troops.

french01.jpg

Old Guard, Line Infantry (1798-1805), Line Infantry

french05.jpg

Light Infantry (Voltigeurs)

french02.jpg

Foot Artillery

I use the pirate torso for the artillery and the Voltigeurs because their uniforms were more blue than white.

french04.jpg

Different types of Heavy Cavalry and one Dragoon (the green one)

french03.jpg

Different types of Hussars.

Nice work! I really like the fact you've done all this without too much use of custom torsos! I think the tyre on the head of the Horse Artilleryman looks quite effective!

I thought the French 'Sapeurs' were the ones with beards and hatchets, not the British.

Bart

the old guard look brilliant definatly my favorite figs, also good find on the light infantry torso was it bricklink where you got so many?

I thought the French 'Sapeurs' were the ones with beards and hatchets, not the British.

Pioneers are a tradition with Briths and Commonwealth Regiments and usually full dress uniform includes an apron as well as the beard and axe (a hatchet is too small, being used with only one hand.)

Example (pioneer with band):

5_5thbn.jpg

Thank you guys for the feedback.

the old guard look brilliant definatly my favorite figs, also good find on the light infantry torso was it bricklink where you got so many?

Yes, I ordered them on bricklink. And by the way they are really cheap in comparison to the torsos from the 90´s.

Cool overview over a possibility to build up Napoleonic troops without custom things.

All examples are very nearby the originals and the choice of the bodies is the best one achievable.

As mentioned the bearded ones could also be used on the French side.

Woody64

I love the general staf figures, there all great.

keep up the good work on building the "Grande Armeé" and Britsh army.

ps: how did you build the canons of the foot artillery, hope i'm not to bolt to ask.

ps: how did you build the canons of the foot artillery, hope i'm not to bolt to ask.

The cannons are just quick-builds to see how the artillery troops are looking next to them. But I give you some extra pictures of them. :pir-sweet:

cannon1.jpg

cannon2.jpg