Sign in to follow this  
Lord Cutler Beckett

Question about tricorne

hello everyone,

I'm busy the last weeks getting information about decals and how to make custom lego parts.

Today I found 1, 2, 3, photo's of minifigs with a tricorne hat with a golden edge. My question is how can you make these?

I thought it might be painted but I'm not sure and I don't want to ruin my lego parts.

Thanks,

Lord Cutler Beckett,

Governor of the East India Trading Company

I have painted all my tricornes. If you check out my vid pirate battles 3 on youtube you can see all my hats are gold and white. Here's how to do it and not ruin your hats.

1. Buy paint called (model color) its a water based paint that comes off even a year after you have painted it, so if you end up not wanting them painted after a while you can wash the paint off in water.note do not used a oil based paint its runny and does not come off easy.

2. Mix the water based paint with a few speckles of water and mix it around.

3. Use a fine tip detailing model brush ,dip it into your paint you have just mixed and go along the top brim of the hat.I Usually get alot of paint on the brush so that I just need to do 1 coat. Don't worry if you mess up the paint wipes right off and will not ruin your pieces.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Edited by mattb483

I have painted all my tricornes. If you check out my vid pirate battles 3 on youtube you can see all my hats are gold and white. Here's how to do it and not ruin your hats.

1. Buy paint called (model color) its a water based paint that comes off even a year after you have painted it, so if you end up not wanting them painted after a while you can wash the paint off in water.note do not used a oil based paint its runny and does not come off easy.

2. Mix the water based paint with a few speckles of water and mix it around.

3. Use a fine tip detailing model brush ,dip it into your paint you have just mixed and go along the top brim of the hat.I Usually get alot of paint on the brush so that I just need to do 1 coat. Don't worry if you mess up the paint wipes right off and will not ruin your pieces.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Thank you very much :pir-sweet: , I'll try it.

mattb483,

how do you make the smooth lines on your tricornes?

by the way, your video's about lego pirate battles are really awesome ;) :pir-laugh:

Edited by Lord Cutler Beckett