Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

The Curse of IMHOTEP - Conclusion

Than you should have put :sarcasm:, :tongue:, or :laugh:. :hmpf_bad:

Sorry, it was my fault you didn't understand the joke :facepalm:

Don't recall if I've addressed it.

To those who killed me: I get it. Seriously. You all played a great game, and killing me clearly achieved what needed doing. :thumbup:

Hosts: Once more, even though I've gushed to you, fantastic game. Seriously stellar. Everything about it. I ALSO, as silly as it may be, did not see Isis and Osiris, but I loved it, and I loved the characters of those two before that too! Fantastic in every way.

Cornelius Murdock - I was pretty certain that you were scum. I swear, you acted so much differently in this game then in others. In Belville and one other game I've played with you, it was so obvious that you were town so I teamed up with you right away. I don't know what happened this time around. :blush:

It's funny that everyone thought so. I had a conversation about tactics with Hinck at one point when I kept ending up on everyone's scum lists. I recall saying that I didn't think I acted any differently at all. I still don't think I acted so differently. Maybe I spent too much time in PMs instead of the day thread early on. I'll have to think more about how I act in future games.

I'd also like to thank def for revealing the win condition before I got back from lunch that day. I'd asked him if it was a good idea to let people know it in the day thread and he told me no and that I'd get lynched for it. I told him that I was probably going to do it anyway but had to go to lunch. When I got back he'd already let that cat out of the bag. I immediately freaked out a little. I thought that you might be scum beating me to it so that people would trust you. It's what got me to reveal my Virginity to Hinck. I wanted a second opinion if you might actually be scum. :blush:

Zepher, when you didn't respond to my apology message, I thought you might have been a little mad. I'm glad that's not the case. :classic:

It's funny that everyone thought so. I had a conversation about tactics with Hinck at one point when I kept ending up on everyone's scum lists. I recall saying that I didn't think I acted any differently at all. I still don't think I acted so differently. Maybe I spent too much time in PMs instead of the day thread early on. I'll have to think more about how I act in future games.

I don't think so! We had a great cooperation back in Baritones III. It was a pity that it was only between us.

Ah, this thread is progressing so fast. Got to catch up what I had missed earlier. :sweet:

Zepher, when you didn't respond to my apology message, I thought you might have been a little mad. I'm glad that's not the case. :classic:

:look: I totally forgot about that, I'm sorry! I can see how it would look that way, but honestly, sometimes when I get on at 11 PM after being out all day, I think I respond to things that it later turns out, I never responded to. :laugh: So of course no hard feelings! I think you particularly played a good game! Besides, I'm already a fan of your's, one mafia death can't change that. :wub:

:look: I totally forgot about that, I'm sorry! I can see how it would look that way, but honestly, sometimes when I get on at 11 PM after being out all day, I think I respond to things that it later turns out, I never responded to. :laugh: So of course no hard feelings! I think you particularly played a good game! Besides, I'm already a fan of your's, one mafia death can't change that. :wub:

Thanks. I understand being busy. Killing you was one of the things I regretted the most about being in charge. From a strategy standpoint it made sense but it wasn't something I wanted to do.

People are going to have to stop telling me good I played. I don't want to have to live up to that standard in the future... :laugh:

I'd also like to thank def for revealing the win condition before I got back from lunch that day. I'd asked him if it was a good idea to let people know it in the day thread and he told me no and that I'd get lynched for it. I told him that I was probably going to do it anyway but had to go to lunch. When I got back he'd already let that cat out of the bag. I immediately freaked out a little. I thought that you might be scum beating me to it so that people would trust you. It's what got me to reveal my Virginity to Hinck. I wanted a second opinion if you might actually be scum. :blush:

I didn't know you'd assumed I was scum after that, since I figured I was taking the bullet for you :laugh: I guess you were just adaquately paranoid. A lot of saying that in thread was just part of my 'no-pussyfootin' policy which is now permanenly in effect, and part was just checking to see if my theory, that people would vote out someone who helped, was correct or just me having low expectations of people.

As I always said, scum wouldnt want that sort of spotlight, and they didn't :sweet:

I've been following this on my phone since I'm traveling so I was saving Rufus's analysis for when I get home. I did read the first half. But, am I picking up that the cloak redirected to the first person quoted in thread? :wacko: I never would've figured that out. Ever.

Thank you for accepting the criticism. I hope it's constructive. For what it's worth I love the bwankie. It's an epic role and a very memorable experience. I appreciate the solid creative plan behind it. I don't care for it to detract from your excellent game, so I give the bwankie an official :thumbup:

Tammo, I asked Sandy and Flitwick to target you to test them and help solidify the claim before Night Actions were due.

Pandora, I'm mixing up nights. I did request "help" that night. Therefore, you're awesome. Well, you're awesome anyway.

As far as the metagaming goes for me stalking people, it served me really well with TPRU. I was so confused why his name was in italics forever, yet he wouldn't post. I even posted about it in-thread. "How long is Betty Swallocks going to try to say something?" While I was waiting for him to reply to my questions about his role, I watched how long it took him to reply and what else he did while I was waiting. :blush: I'm crazy! *huh*:blush: TinyPies, it really was fun to match up again. You had Eskallon going, so :thumbup: . He even PMed a "Revenge of the Sith" trailer to Sandy and told her I was Anakin, so consider your defense a success! :tongue: I really didn't even think of it as a re-match until after you were lynched. I felt nostalgic about Roman Mafia and then confounded why such a seasoned player would make such a risky move. But it made me relax my guard on Foog for a little while. We thought the Scum was desperate to get into the inner circle and made a crazy risk. If Foog was Scum, why would they try so hard to get into the trusted circle? But, that didn't stop me from investigating Foog anyway.

Yeah, your stalking was scary stuff. Every time I checked my profile page, I noticed you'd always visited it within the last half hour or so. :laugh: So then I had to started viewing the old day threads to throw you off a little. It was crazy. But most of the time, I wasn't actually doing anything behind the scenes. I tend to keep a lot of tabs open, so I usually get sidetracked by other pages or sites while I'm reading the game threads. I guess I'm more like Betty "look, a pebble" Swallocks than I'd like to admit. :blush:

I was mostly just having fun with my Day 4 defense, I didn't seriously expect to avoid getting lynched. I was just hoping to throw out a little confusion and maybe to make the action townies wary of contacting you until I'd been verified as scum. But none of that really worked. I guess it paid off a little when Bob ended up using the same defense as me and got lynched.

Foog and Tammo, you did a great job considering what you were up against. It's just a shame we didn't kill enough of the informative roles, I'm sure you would've both gone a long way if the town hadn't managed to clear each other so quickly.

I just saw another pebble, so I'll wrap this up and add more of my thoughts later. Thanks again Rufus and Pandora for hosting this awesome game. It was a lot of fun to follow, both as a participant and a spectator. :thumbup:

If we'd given it a made-up name too, you would have been even more in the dark. It was called 'Ascetic' because that was what it was, albeit a modified version, and to give you some way (in the same way we did with Hinck's infernal blanket) of working out what it did.

If we'd not decided to make the role unkillable, it would have been possible for the game to end in a draw which we didn't want, and it is conceivable that there might be people complaining that it should have been.

That's a good point, and like Rufus said, giving 'ninja' hints would have been way too obvious.

In retrospect, we'd agree. We were concerned that the game was unbalanced towards scum, because of the simulation results. But I bet you could play the exact same game, with the same players in some parallel universe, and get an entirely different result.

You're absolutely right. There's no way to program for the kind of unpredictable moves that players pull in these games, and that's what makes mafia so much fun - it's unpredictable. You guys really did set up a great balance for the game.

And I'm sure my complaints are based solely on the fact that I was scum. :grin:

Possibly. But as Pandy said, it's really no different to a standard Mafia game - except that you have fewer players you need to kill.

That's another good point. There were actually less players that we needed to kill, and the vigkills and lynches were helping us toward our goal. If the town had mislynched more or the vig had killed virgins more often, then we would have been in a much better position.

I also want to commend Wuntin for having such great self-control this game. In a game like this, a reckless vigilante can doom the town, but you held your fire often enough so that you weren't able to give us any advantages. Great job! :thumbup:

Player Feedback

First of all, to every single one of you, without exception, a most sincere thank you from both of us for firstly actually wanting to take part in our game, and then for playing with such spirit and making it so much fun. :wub: We've had an amazing (and very busy and stressful) time hosting, laughing frequently (not just at our own immature jokes) but also learning so much ourselves in the process. Additionally, to everyone who communicated with us by PM either to ask questions or submit night actions, thanks for making your PMs funny too; many of you were absolutely hilarious! :laugh:

Secondly, a disclaimer. These are our opinions based on what we have observed of the game and so they don't take into account events occurring behind the scenes. We don't claim to be experts and particularly don't wish to be telling more experienced players how to play the game.

6643855363_8b360b470f_t.jpg

Sheila Suxsumb - Played by Tamamono

I really think you surprised everyone, even yourself! :laugh: You (jointly with Foog) were the most active, inquisitive and thoughtful of the scum team. The two of you worked hard to unravel the mysteries of the game, and clearly read everything carefully and researched things. In the game you were hard to spot as scum although at times you were very eager to post and ran the risk of tripping yourself up, and you made some bold moves that paid off. You were underestimated, managing to infiltrate the very core of Town at just the right time, and making a believable claim that you managed to run with almost to the end. You had some good instincts this game, so don't completely ignore your gut, and despite the crazy multiple claims on the last day, you earn respect for fighting to the very end. Good job. :thumbup:

6643866653_4a754df087_t.jpg

Johnson Cox - Played by Cecilie

We found it hard to get an impression of you - you were quite reserved in the day threads (no bad thing!) but you seemed to have the right instinct on whom to trust, especially with contacting def with your investigation results and later coming forward to Hinck when yet another 'investigator' materialised. It seems most of your hard work was behind the scenes - it says a lot that we had no idea you were (perhaps jointly) calling the shots towards the end. Coolly played. :thumbup:

6643864133_808f92d91b_t.jpg

Ophelia Balls - Played by fhomess

As one of this advanced game's n00bs we were quite impressed - you said a lot of insightful things in thread, and you obviously took to the concept quickly and trusted the right people early on. You were a little unfortunate not to survive till the end :sad: but your being sacrificed provided a further frustration for the scum.

6644030399_ecddbc1907_t.jpg

Hans Gubernaculum - Played by Bob

You stepped in to take on this role at short notice, and became an active player; unfortunately even though you'd been following the game, we all know it isn't the same as being actively involved from the start. That led to you missing a crucial piece of information and thus being lynched, which was a real shame. Your defence seemed a little defeatist, but at the same time the camp seemed determined to lynch you; maybe arguing your case more would have saved you, maybe not.

6643861959_d0d3342c85_t.jpg

Melaena Stools - Played by CallMePie

Oh, Pie! We've come to love your quirks (even though you're quite cheeky). :laugh: You did quite well in this game, for the time you were still around - and you were a team-player on the scumboard. If you think carefully before replying to PMs (and don't panic!), you could do much better as scum next time, and don't be disappointed playing scum! We know it's depressing drawing consecutive scum lots (Ru's been there :tongue: ) but that's what really makes a mafia player.

6643859703_f7d8d9390a_t.jpg

Mellifluous Murgatroyd - Played by Scubacarrot

Again, another very promising Advanced debut :classic: You were gutsy; you followed the game closely, and you were instrumental in several scum lynches. We really hope you do continue playing mafia games as you're a strong player, but: Never, never, never insult the hosts! :laugh:

6643857563_3a5bb3c64d_t.jpg

Jennifer Taylor - Played by Sandy

Your recent Town games have perhaps not been your best :blush: , but we think you're back on form here! You seemed to be part of the town core despite a shaky start in being lynch-leader on Day Two, which you managed to turn around. That seemed to stem from your plan to vote for the first person who received a vote, which didn't go down well with the rest of the camp at all! :laugh: Your Virgin claim opened up the game, and seem to bring people together to coordinate, and you were not in danger from that point on.

6643868821_4816072ce7_t.jpg

Nicholas Hoare - Played by Fugazi

Fooooooog! :wub: We really thought you played a great game. It was fascinating to us that, so quickly and smoothly, you managed to infiltrate the absolute heart of the Town, and bring back so much information that we knew to be true, placing it on the scumboard for planning strategy with your team-mates. You really thought about the game setup and mechanics, and showed some remarkable insight. You showed immense team-spirit best exemplified by your willingness to coordinate Tammo starting a lynch against you towards the end. You never gave up, even when the future of the Cult looked bleak, and you fought to the end.

6643908649_06d0ebdf53_t.jpg

Penelope Farago - Played by Waterbrick Down

Once again you played very thoughtfully, taking a lot of time to go over all the posts in the day threads making you a great asset for the town and a strong player. You clearly allied with the core town and effectively coordinated your actions. Too bad you had a role the scum didn't want around; it's a shame that your action didn't really get to cause any damage to the scum.

6643906041_e0e2cdb15e_t.jpg

Betty Swallocks - Played by TinyPies

You were severely hampered by timezones in participating with the rest of the scum, but your day thread posts were as cool and calculated as your scumboard posts. You know mafia inside out, and made an incredibly bold move which almost paid off except for the constant flow of information in the town.

6643903693_86a441ba32_t.jpg

Roger Goodenarde - Played by Professor Flitwick

Another opportunity for you to roleplay which you grasped firmly with both hands! :grin: As with many others we suspect that most of your play was behind the scenes; certainly your night action moves were very sharp and hinted at coordination. You remained reasonable in thread, not sparking any controversy and not jumping to conclusions with the information and opinions that were presented.

6643901415_4a4bced4a4_t.jpg

Patrick Fitzwilliam - Played by def

You are a formidable player, and the scum wanted you gone, so your game was short, too. You clearly managed to convince some townies to trust you on day one, prompting them to give you valuable information that you put to good use. We completely understand the humour behind declaring your innocence on Day One, but it evidently made some people think twice about trusting you. You and Hinck working harmoniously together, no matter how improbable, may well have ended the game mighty quickly as it seemed the town was divided between the two of you. The scum really wanted you out of the way as you were more than instrumental in catching the first scum. Glad you stuck with it. :sweet:

6643899145_7dc6d6505c_t.jpg

William Fitzpatrick - Played by CorneliusMurdock

It was clear from the amount of times that people wanted to protect you that you were in the thick of all the Town discussion and manoeuvring. In the day threads you were vigilant of other people's comments and inconsistencies, and kept your observations succinct. When Hinckley was sacrificed we expected you to take over as Town leader, which you did along with Cecilie, but not as volubly as we thought you might. You continued determination and coordination at the end allowed the Town to round up the most elusive scummos. :thumbup:

6643896727_d0a5b79221_t.jpg

Hugh Janus - Played by Eskallon

Things started well, but you yourself have admitted that the middle part of your game wasn't your best. There were a few occasions where you managed to even confuse us in the day threads and we knew who everyone was! :laugh: You came out with a few crackpot ideas, but it showed you were thinking about the game and looking for a way to fit the pieces of information together.

6643872007_a540288c82_t.jpg

Aloysius - Played by ADHO15

You took on the character of Aloysius brilliantly, adding a lot of humour to the game and made good, sensible contributions to the day threads along with evident hard work behind the scenes. We thought you'd be in trouble when def was killed, especially with another 'protector' in the town, but your name never came up for lynching so we can only assume you communicated effectively behind the scenes. Good game.

6643894663_ba76ac5d06_t.jpg

Gordon Bennett - Played by KielDaMan

Once again a passionate game from you Kiel, fighting for the side of town, and reminiscent of Gotham Mafia and Paradisa in that respect. You again put a lot of effort into it, and worked behind the scenes to help bring the town to victory. We wonder if you would find it helpful to play as scum (Prison Riot! doesn't count - we were all scum :laugh: ) and see things from that perspective?

6643892345_562243cfd9_t.jpg

Toulouse Leplot - Played by WhiteFang

You survive again! :laugh: You admitted yourself you haven't been as much a part of the game as you would have liked, and you were hampered by unexpected events, but when you were able to post it was clear you had been following the game and reached logical conclusions. Your tracker role was incredibly effective in helping to confirm the townies and was instrumental in the scum's downfall. :thumbup:

6643889967_39698bff68_t.jpg

Percy Pantwitter - Played by Rick

Rick! :cry_sad: You were out of the game too soon, and it's probably tiresome for you to keep reading that. Everything you said in your short life was contributive and you made some insightful posts, always teasing out the inconsistencies. You know we, and everyone else thinks you're an amazing player, and although there was sound reasoning behind the scum killing you (rather than metagaming) I don't blame them one bit. Sowwy. :blush: Thank you also for your ongoing support after your exit; talking to you kept Pandy sane. :wub_drool:

6643887385_770c61c721_t.jpg

Father Thomas “Tomato” Thomson - Played by Ricecracker

Uhm, well, you made one post and then Hinckley lynched you. You said more in the afterlife! :laugh: Sorry, Ricey, there's really not much more we can say! :blush:

6643884843_01fa344f66_t.jpg

Mehmet Attabar - Played by Hinckley

Where to start... Well, a lot has been covered by the sections on game mechanics and so forth, so we'll avoid the thorny issue of your bwankie here.

The effort and enthusiasm you give to these games is incredible; we know that some of it is to effect reactions from people and garner information, however you put an immense amount of thought into playing, and thought (rather than night action results) is by far the most powerful tool. You had rallied half the camp (including scum) by day one, which is remarkable, to say the least. You lead from the front, and keep things interesting for the players who aren't part of the inner circle - a sign of a good Town leader and a great player. :wub: The 'power struggle' between you and def at the start of the game wasn't helpful, and could have hindered the town, but you organised people effectively and coordinated a lot of Town's offence. It is possible that some players may have felt you were playing their game for them, but you mentioned something about that yourself, so maybe that's been laid to rest. Your enthusiasm and excitement, whilst being a formidable force may sometimes lead you to be a little too impulsive at times (the vote-changing on day 1 is a testament to that - imagine if one of the earlier bandwagons had turned out later to be scum?) Another tour-de-force. :thumbup:

6643882069_4410626746_t.jpg

Ishaq Ettaq - Played by Wuntin

We were a little worried when you said at the beginning you thought you'd been typecast, especially as you were a neutral serial killer in Witchbreed, not the town vigilante as you were here, but the fact you decided not to act on several occasions makes it crystal clear you knew your role. With you not using your action early on, we were worried the game would go on for ever... and later, when you didn't post until late in the day, we were worried we'd have to mod-kill you. :blush: You were quite quiet in the day threads , but it's great to hear how hard you were working behind the scenes. When you did post, you made good observations and brought forward your (sound) theories and ideas. The jokes about you sleeping were just that, jokes, as it is clear you played well.

6643879525_886a9c9fd0_t.jpg

Mustafa Nidia - Played by Brickdoctor

You seemed disappointed with your Godfather role from the start, and even labelled yourself as 'dead weight' when in fact you had a powerful role. The rest of your scum team were the ones who researched the possibilities behind the role, much like Hinck did with his constant questioning about his blanket. It was unfortunate that you didn't really seem to be engaged in the game when you had the opportunity (at CMPOD's departure) to become a powerful scummo. Sadly that turning point was also a contributing factor in your demise when you made it clear you knew more than you should. We would have liked to have seen more from you.

6643876663_3e05a57276_t.jpg

Ahmed Apu - Played by Zepher

It's difficult for us to see what went wrong here - it seems you raised suspicion behind the scenes without it being too obvious in thread; your night action choices looked to be well-coordinated (even if you did mostly block virgins :laugh: ). We like that you vary your playing style - it does make you harder to read, but it's also a Finger-Of-Suspicion magnet. :wink:

6643874135_2269a1f9af_t.jpg

Nadir Zenith - Played by JimButcher

We loved the way you portrayed Nadir at the start - it was just what we had in mind! :classic: As to your game play - you were never really as involved in the game as you might have been; perhaps engaging in the usual PM extravaganza would have saved you, but we can understand why you didn't. Even if you'd just told someone you trusted that you were a virgin, it would probably have led to you being confirmed, which would have kept the shovel away. :laugh:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We'd also like to say thank you to all the spectators who've shown such interest in the game as it's progressed, and thank you also to those of you who have posted kind compliments about the game. :cry_happy:

We're really glad you enjoyed the game too! :sweet:

You seemed disappointed with your Godfather role from the start, and even labelled yourself as 'dead weight' when in fact you had a powerful role.

No, I didn't.

I responded to Foog saying that I wasn't told I was the Godfather, and that I thought I was a Goon. You then told me that I had a Godfather-like role and that I wasn't a dead weight. Then, after I posted my role PM, Pie said that that was a very descriptive way of saying that I didn't have a role.

No, I didn't.

I responded to Foog saying that I wasn't told I was the Godfather, and that I thought I was a Goon. You then told me that I had a Godfather-like role and that I wasn't a dead weight. Then, after I posted my role PM, Pie said that that was a very descriptive way of saying that I didn't have a role.

Apologies BD, I've just been back and triple checked. It appears it was actually CMPOD who labelled you 'dead weight' at the top of the scumboard (version #4 for reference); we had thought it was your opinion of your role.

Thanks for the great feedback, Pandora! :sweet:

I really think you surprised everyone, even yourself! :laugh: You (jointly with Foog) were the most active, inquisitive and thoughtful of the scum team. The two of you worked hard to unravel the mysteries of the game, and clearly read everything carefully and researched things.

It's great when both the scum and the town are left a little bit in the dark, so that both teams have to work hard to figure out the mysteries of the game. I really enjoyed that part of this game, too! :thumbup:

In the game you were hard to spot as scum although at times you were very eager to post and ran the risk of tripping yourself up, and you made some bold moves that paid off. You were underestimated, managing to infiltrate the very core of Town at just the right time, and making a believable claim that you managed to run with almost to the end.

Yeah, I suppose I am a bit eager to post. :laugh: Although I always do pay very close attention to what I'm saying to make sure that I'm not giving anything away.

It's too bad though, I won't be able to just play dumb next time I get scum! :tongue:

You had some good instincts this game, so don't completely ignore your gut, and despite the crazy multiple claims on the last day, you earn respect for fighting to the very end. Good job. :thumbup:

Yeah, in this game I learned how important a good balance between instincts and logic is, and I'll try to implement that balance more next game. :thumbup:

Thanks again for the feedback, and for letting me play in this awesome game! I had a wonderful time! :wub:

No, I didn't.

Yeah, the whole 'Dead Weight' thing was just Pie poking fun. :laugh:

Edited by Tamamono

Your feedback for me was way more than I deserved. :laugh: I've been scum enough so that I know exactly what not to do, but I end up doing it anyway with some poorly constructed excuse to do so. Next game, hopefully, I'll get a clue. :tongue:

If I'm scum, just watch for when I suggest not voting and lynch me.:grin:

Thanks again for the fantastic game, you two. :sweet:

It appears it was actually CMPOD who labelled you 'dead weight' at the top of the scumboard (version #4 for reference); we had thought it was your opinion of your role.

Sorry. In my defense, this was before Doc posted the whole 'High Priest interesting way of saying you don't have a role'. :blush:

Well, posted his entire role PM, anyway.

Thanks for the great feedback, Pandora! :sweet:

You're welcome. :sweet:

It really should be noted that Ru and I wrote the feedback together; these are joint views but one of us has to actually post it.

Apologies BD, I've just been back and triple checked. It appears it was actually CMPOD who labelled you 'dead weight' at the top of the scumboard (version #4 for reference); we had thought it was your opinion of your role.

You know, I've been trying to figure out the whole game why you told me I wasn't a dead weight. Never realized Pie put that there. :blush:

In any case, yeah, I think I wasn't as active as I could've been. At the beginning, I had the crazy idea of trying to be slightly less active than I was in Gotham Mafia, so it would look like I was being active but not so active that it looked like I was trying too hard to be active to hide my scumminess the way I did in Gotham Mafia. (actually, I even considered playing like a sheep on purpose to try to get all the metagamers to leave me alive based on my playing like a sheep when I was Town in Baritones 3 and Bloodbrick 2; the other Scum quickly decided that was a bad idea, so I tried not to do that, but, obviously, I didn't end up playing the way I wanted to - I think I may be overthinking the strategy regarding metagaming :blush: )

You're welcome. :sweet:

It really should be noted that Ru and I wrote the feedback together; these are joint views but one of us has to actually post it.

Oh, okay, that makes sense. In that case, thank you both for the great feedback! I feel like I improved a lot this game, and I plan to take these improvements to the next game I'm in too! :sweet:

Thank you for the feedback, it is certainly most appreciated, And I hereby promise to never insult hosts, wether it be intentionally or unintentionally, through good times, or bad. :sadnew:

Thank you also for your ongoing support after your exit; talking to you kept Pandy sane. :wub_drool:

You're welcome. :wink: Entirely my pleasure. :grin:

Thanks for the feedback :sweet:. I would have wanted to participate more in the day threads in the first few days, it's just that I was sort of intimidated by all the talking by the more experienced players, and didn't really know what to say :blush:. Everytime I came to read the thread (which was quite often!), so much had been going on, and whatever I found the need to say while reading had already been said by the time I reached the end of the thread. Plus, I was afraid to stick my head out too much because of my role.

Thank you for the honest feedback on my behalf as well!

I admit that at the beginning of the game even I started to question my ability to play this game right - especially during the disastrous Day 2 - but I survived that thanks to a small miracle, and the only way from there was up. This is my fifth victory out of fifteen Mafia games I've participated in here, so I guess I'm not doing everything wrong... :blush:

Nadir Zenith - Played by JimButcher

We loved the way you portrayed Nadir at the start - it was just what we had in mind! :classic: As to your game play - you were never really as involved in the game as you might have been; perhaps engaging in the usual PM extravaganza would have saved you, but we can understand why you didn't. Even if you'd just told someone you trusted that you were a virgin, it would probably have led to you being confirmed, which would have kept the shovel away. :laugh:

Thanks. I would've seen the role through the end, but I just couldn't stand typing in third person anymore. :blush: Wish I had Flitwick's perseverance when it came to that.

Thanks. I would've seen the role through the end, but I just couldn't stand typing in third person anymore. :blush: Wish I had Flitwick's perseverance when it came to that.

Even so, we were really pleased with what you did :sweet:

When we wrote the character of Nadir, this is who we had in mind: (watch it with the sound up!)

:laugh:

Thanks for the feedback. I really have the feeling that I was on a different wavelength than, well, the whole game :blush: I think it's pretty funny that the scum wanted me gone so much. They had other virgins like Sandy to take out, or better roles, like Flitwick's to take out. Flitwick ended up being a big contributor to town, and would have been a better choice. I'd be curious to see their writeboard. I'll blame that on Tammo, Pie and Brickdoctor, I guess, since I don't have much history going against Pies and Foog.

I doubt I'll ever turn into the Rick of mafia, but I'll take the complement of being second Rick :sweet:

You and Hinck working harmoniously together, no matter how improbable, may well have ended the game mighty quickly as it seemed the town was divided between the two of you.

I was quite looking forward to playing a game with him, since we'd only managed to play one together before (Werewolf), as I wrote in the sign up. But, things worked out differently :sceptic:

Sign in to follow this