Sign in to follow this  
pranas

Wall of LEGO Star Wars prototypes?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Was reading this awesome article about the main LEGO offices link and came across this picture in the slideshow:

view-of-the-open-room-photo-anderssuneberg.jpg

It's a whole WALL of Star Wars prototypes! Some look like sets that already came out (AT-AT, Sandcrawler, Star Destroyer), but most of them look new to me! Looks like UCS sets at the top, System sets near the bottom!

Interesting to wonder if we'll be getting any of these sets in the future or if most of these will never move past the prototype stage.

EDIT: Just remembered about the rumor that we might be getting Pre Viszla's Starfighter as an exclusive set late this year. And there are two ships that sort of look like his ship in this picture! Hmm...

Was reading this awesome article about the main LEGO offices link and came across this picture in the slideshow:

YES !!! A UCS Probot !!!! Edited by Rufus
Large quote snipped

I want to just stand in front of that case and stare. I wish we could get pictures of each one. WHere was this taken?

Edited by jmagaletta

This is really cool! The Watto bust is pretty cool, but I'm thinking that was replaced with the Darth Maul one. Also, those offices and workspaces are so cool! Thatnks for sharing this!

A good find. A lot of those seem to have been released in one form or another, but that UT-AT is looking nice, though. I hope we get one when Episode 3 goes 3D.

Seems that there's a lot of Clone Wars stuff in there, the Naboo scout ship-thing, the Defoliator, that Geonosian tank, a Hardcell transport and Ventress' Trident.

Also what looks like an Endor-themed playset with shield projector dish and a TIE Interceptor with red markings.

Please release some of these TLG :drool:. Especially the UT-AT or the Red TIE Interceptor :wub:.

Also what looks like an Endor-themed playset with shield projector dish

Now that you mention it, I do see it at the top! I would love that as a set! I would think it would be the closest thing LEGO would ever produce to an Ewok village, and it would go great with the other Endor sets! We need this!

Frankly, the more I look at this display, the more I wish LEGO would produce some of these, instead of other sets.

Of all those, I personally love the UT-AT and that little Techno Union transport. Those, and the Trident.

UCS FX-7! (drool)

I'd say that's an FX-6 actually, the more evil-looking variant with even more arms that helps build Darth Vader in ROTS.

Edited by Commander_Rob

Please release some of these TLG :drool:. Especially the UT-AT or the Red TIE Interceptor :wub:.

I see a Yavin 4 playset! Also, the red TIE from CUUSOO, a Trade guild capital for Ep 2, They could not have gotten better position for this pic. All the Star Wars stuff is right up front! Great find!

That is pretty awesome. It's interesting to see a lot of sets I would like to have in my house on display. I really like that AT-ST vig.

I just noticed that the Endor set is actually a Kasshyyk set! You can tell because there is a little Wookiee ship next to the radar dish thing, and I think I spy a Battle Droid hiding between the two trees.

Ive been searching through some old threads... i thought this was one and that this was old news... now ive just seen the date and its very recent.

I now need new underwear :<

I just noticed that the Endor set is actually a Kasshyyk set! You can tell because there is a little Wookiee ship next to the radar dish thing, and I think I spy a Battle Droid hiding between the two trees.

Well that's a whole lot more disappointing IMO. I had just seen that up in the corner of the case and got excited thinking we'd get an Ewok village - but then I read this... :(

Is that a UCS Slave 1 (minus wings) in the middle?.....Oh, that would be soo good. Either that or the Probe Droid, or the FX-7 (ish) one; they would all be cracking sets to own :wub::wub::wub:

Nice spotting, pranas! Thanks for sharing!

I wonder how many of these are scrapped ideas and which are upcoming sets. :oh: I think I can see the rumored Pre Viszla's starfighter next to the UCS Snowspeeder! :thumbup: Too bad there are all these UCS models, but no R2-D2. :sad:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

This is great, I believe this picture of all these prototypes allows us to see futuer star wars set (the Republic Crusier, Sandcrawler, Snowspeeder and Star Destroyer prove this since we already got them), I would love to see that great looking Republic Cannon really soon (it looks like a set just as a prototype!) aswell as the Kashyyyk tree set, that UCS Slave 1, the AT-ST set next to the Yavin 4 Base and the UT-AT.

Great Find :thumbup: