Sign in to follow this  
De Sandman

Halcwm Embassy in Mitgardia

Early on we where building an embassy in Kaliphlin but our lord found it was to hot in the desert so we abandond the embassy and went to Mitgardia where we found a freak of nature.... an green spot in the middle of the snowy plains, our lord desided he wanted to build the embassy here....hope you like it (sorry for the bad pictures, it was the best thing i could do).

Our hero has gone his way to Nocturnus for the games....

s36000111.jpg

s36000121.jpg

s36000151.jpg

s36000181.jpg

s36000211.jpg

s36000221.jpg

s36000261.jpg

s36000331.jpg

looks great. love the big shutters for the window as a defensive measure. The roof and mix of grey bricks are well done. looks like that dog needs some training. It is taking its owner for a walk it looks like!!

Great build! I love the whole design of this building with the half timbered sections and strong stone walls. A strong Avaonian statement in the land of Mitgardia. Yours builds are getting better every time, keep it up. :thumbup:

A great embassy De Sandman! I really like how the red roof looks with the stone and wood. The roof has a very nice shape overall. This is an excellent entry and I can't wait to see more from you. Keep it up!

Very nice. Instantly recognizable as Avalonian and a good job of mixing in some good landscaping.

It looks like you should crop a couple of those photos to get the background to be all white. I would try a good free program like GIMP!

Lovely red roof De Sandman, although a it niggles my eye a little that the tower roof is black. (I'm guessing you ran out of red slopes?) The half timbering and mix of greys in the walls is well done too. Nice embassy! :thumbup:

Great build! I love the whole design of this building with the half timbered sections and strong stone walls. A strong Avaonian statement in the land of Mitgardia. Yours builds are getting better every time, keep it up. :thumbup:

Thanks, i'm aming to build better and better, your tutorials help a lot, also looking at other people's builds inspire me, although sometimes it's difficult to see how something is build (the techniques)

Lovely red roof De Sandman, although a it niggles my eye a little that the tower roof is black. (I'm guessing you ran out of red slopes?) The half timbering and mix of greys in the walls is well done too. Nice embassy! :thumbup:

Indeed i ran out of red slopes, on the other hand i wanted the tower to be different than the house.

When i started this build i had in mind to build something modular, but i soon realised that i didn't have the right bricks for it (or i had to tare down my ship) so i build it looking like a modular, but you don't want to see the inside (it's a mess).

Thanks for all the nice replies, it really inspires me to build more although i think i'm going to stop with the guild for a while because i wan't to build a big, big ship, it will eat up my time.

Nice MOC Sandman! I do like the use of the red roofing since we don't see at as much (used to be all I had long long ago :tongue: ) I like the windows and shutters, as well as the torches out front and the combination of panelling and bricks. Avalonia shall be well represented in the Frozen wastes of Mitgardia.

The Avalonian and Mitgardian style blend really well into each other, somehow this makes natural allies for the wars to come ...

Excellent embassy!

Lansdscape-wise, it's exactly what I would think in such a juxtaposition of Guild themes. Your detail work, and imposing structure really win me over on this one. Nice job!

This one is quite blocky, but it shows quite nicely that even a blocky building can look good. I like the colour combinations, although I think the tower could have a bit more dark grey scattered throughout. For some reason I really like the roof of the tower. I can't understand why, but it just really strikes me. I love the porch at the back. Very nice main building in general.