dede_la_fee

[Modular] MOD Tan version of Market Street

indexed.gif B-RM-5A

A few month ago I built this one following the global Market Street design, I didn't have the right colors, and I'd have had to order quite a lot of expensive bricks at BL, money I'd rather put in other interesting items. So here it is:

6823335703_eb6b03b7b9.jpg

6823337439_427d1e7ccf.jpg

6823339317_63f858226c.jpg

6823340389_dcf50e4f30.jpg

6823341457_a2d801fc0f.jpg

More Pictures here

So, what do you think?

Edited by Phred

Very nice 'dede_la_fee'! It's a color that works well. I like the added touch of the vine on the back and the interior furnishings. Great job default_classic.gif

Market Street looks great in tan! I love the vines and the interior, as well as of course, the exterior details. Great job! :thumbup:

A lot of nice stuff in the Town section this Sunday - I like the tan version, but even better is the added interior. Well done!

Oh la la!

GREAT job dede! I never really fancied the original Market street, and this makes it look SO much better. The vines, the off center stairs. I don't think that there's a single thing I don't like about this MOC.

MOC/MOD on!

Dakar

That looks really nice 'dede_la_fee'.

Did you consider doing the first level in a different color like in the original Market Street? Perhaps brown? I wonder if that would add to your building or not. As it is, it looks really good.

I like your stairs better, and you have interior details not present in the official Market Street. Looks really good!

I had considered building a Market Street in a different color because I wanted one so badly. In the end I ended up using the correct colors (in most cases), but not the correct pieces (substituted cheaper bigger/smaller ones to make the walls).

Locutis

Edited by Locutis

I really like seeing MODed versions of Market Street. I did myself one in mostly tan, but it followed the original more closely than your does. In this respect, I could call yours a MOC, based on MS. I like how you changed some details to make it more unique such as the half spiral stairs, and the positioning of the interior stairs, so you were able to put (nicely designed) furniture inside. It's really nicely done. :sweet:

Excellent interior designing and recolouring 'dede_la_fee', the interior has that classic town feel to it especially the kitchen. :thumbup:

Brick On 'dede_la_fee' ! :classic:

Great job dede_la_fee!!

I had originally passed on Market Street (to my present regret) because I felt it was a bit plain and because the stairway in the center was very limiting. Since then, I've been thinking of recreating it (the originals are just too pricy) with BrickLink. Changing the colors quickly became unavoidable due to the high cost of certain elements in their real shades. I tried normal blue and white (I went for very common colors) in MLCad but I felt it just didn't work. Your render gives me hope that I might achieve something good. Plus, your interior details that I intend to steal borrow are just great...

Dan-147

This is great! I really like the revised front(floor level). Great interior additions as well. I'm not too sure on the tan color. Personally, I like the blue color, it gives a nice splash of color to the Modular line.

WOW! I never expected so many positive reviews! Thank you folks

About the colour.... at first I intended to do the first floor in dark red, but I didn't have enough pieces then, so I went the whole hog in tan. Though I think now I could do it, I have a bigger amount of dark red... I'll see what I can do during the winter break.

Coming soon also, a CC MOD, with a 16-stud-wide hotel checking desk add-on!

Let's keep brickin' on! :grin:

WOW! I never expected so many positive reviews! Thank you folks

About the colour.... at first I intended to do the first floor in dark red, but I didn't have enough pieces then, so I went the whole hog in tan. Though I think now I could do it, I have a bigger amount of dark red... I'll see what I can do during the winter break.

Coming soon also, a CC MOD, with a 16-stud-wide hotel checking desk add-on!

Let's keep brickin' on! :grin:

I would keep it tan. Maybe do Green Grocer in dark red? This is a great MOC, I love the vine!

Great job dede_la_fee!!

I had originally passed on Market Street (to my present regret) because I felt it was a bit plain and because the stairway in the center was very limiting. Since then, I've been thinking of recreating it (the originals are just too pricy) with BrickLink. Changing the colors quickly became unavoidable due to the high cost of certain elements in their real shades. I tried normal blue and white (I went for very common colors) in MLCad but I felt it just didn't work. Your render gives me hope that I might achieve something good. Plus, your interior details that I intend to steal borrow are just great...

Dan-147

Have you read this?

Locutis

Well this is an option. I love how you made this work. The tan version is very pleasing. I am thing of doing something like this myself en include an interior like you did. Very well done. My compliments

Very nice idea using tan bricks for a modular, I too have a lot of tan bricks, might use them to make a modular I don't have one day when I get sick of doing Tatooine related builds :tongue: