Darkblane

MOC: Another Day in the Diner

indexed.gif B-V-15D

Another Day in the Diner

This vignette was built in November last year (I've only just gotten around to sorting out the photos for it). It was inspired by the release of the bottles and spills by BrickForge (which at the time this was built were only available in trans-clear and trans-brown) and by the waitress minifigure I created as part of the custom collectable series I created for Category B of the Collectable Minifigure Series 4 contest (with the legs changed from dark green to dark blue to fit the color scheme).

6823146661_aa21c97f1c_z.jpg

6823145859_9a0b935c67_z.jpg

6823146213_7fc9fa4660_z.jpg

6823149337_f0d2981cc4_z.jpg

Another Day in the Diner on Flickr

Edited by Phred

That's a very nice and clean design, with some refreshing colours. A cat on the table, though? I wouldn't eat there... :)

The salt and pepper shakers are nice. Maybe they'd look even better in black and white?

A cat on the table, though? I wouldn't eat there... :)

What do you think was the cause of the waitress's surprise which caused her to spill the drink ;)

Originally there was an orange croissant on the table instead, but the color clashed, since all of the other parts (which weren't black, blue, white or pink) were medium dark flesh and there aren't two many alternatives in medium dark flesh left to choose from, plus it added another 'character' to the vignette.

The salt and pepper shakers are nice. Maybe they'd look even better in black and white?

I was actually thinking of the menu stands you get on tables when I added those two parts, but you're right, they do look like salt and pepper shakers and yes, as salt and pepper shakers, they would look better in black and white.

Edited by Darkblane

The blue and white colour scheme is very striking and refreshing. I really like the booths and the stools, and the sink/counter area is very well made.

Gorgeous work. :thumbup:

Originally there was an orange croissant on the table instead, but the color clashed, since all of the other parts (which weren't black, blue, white or pink) were medium dark flesh and there aren't two many alternatives in medium dark flesh left to choose from, plus it added another 'character' to the vignette.

And a croissant probably wouldn't have had the same effect on the waitress, which would mean a distinctly less interesting scene for a MOC. So in that respect, I completely understand your choice of table decoration.

I'm normally not huge on vignettes, at least the smaller ones, but I really enjoyed this one. There is a lot going on despite the restrained palette, and I think the use of colors really helps bring it all together. The seating is actually quite clever, too.

That's a great interior! I like the colour scheme, and the waitress looks in great stress over the spilled drink. Luckily, there are no customers around to see her. The booths look fantastic in bright pink, that's a great colour to choose. Also, the 'spilled drink' piece is a nice addtion. Really well done! :thumbup:

Such a lovely diner :wub:. And great choice of colors, it's a very nice combination. And like others have pointed out, nice use of the shield! :thumbup:

Real sweet - I'd love to see more shots with some additional minifigures - maybe the new series 6 Mechanic popping by for a Soda? Maybe he likes the waitress?

Lovely colour scheme - these places are normally bright red, but your colours are far more interesting to look at.

Edited by Solitary Dark

This is great. You really captured all the details of a diner that everyone knows. The stools and countertop are well done, as is the booth. You could add the CMF Butcher and use him as a soda jerk. It would add a whole new element to the MOC.

Edited by Legocrazy81