axalonark

Mini Vehicles

indexed.gif V-ML-1A

**additional UPDATE PHOTOS in BELOW POSTS** Comments welcome.

I wanted to add to the stock Mini Modular set, so I tried making mini scale cars with some street. First time ever to do something like this (Sean Kenney's work help inspired the cars.) This is the start to a greater plan in my head. I think the cars are the right scale for the minis. The plan is to make the street wider and create a larger scene with my own future mini mod creations. Thanks for lookings

photo_feb_04__4_52_18_pm.jpg

photo_feb_04__4_52_50_pm.jpg

photo_feb_04__4_53_01_pm.jpg

photo_feb_04__5_10_15_pm.jpg

Edited by Phred

Looks good, although the street looks a bit too narrow. The yellow car looks to be riding the curb. Might try making it 3x instead of 2x. I can't wait to see you(and others) expand on the minis.

Very nicely scaled cars, I wonder if the vehicles from the Tower Bridge set would fit in here as well?

Very nicely scaled cars, I wonder if the vehicles from the Tower Bridge set would fit in here as well?

Good thought with the Tower cars. The street definitely needs to be three wide. This was just a test run.

Good thought with the Tower cars. The street definitely needs to be three wide. This was just a test run.

I think at this scale the street needs to be brick built, but rotated 90deg so you can have single plate thin street markers.

Nice work, the blue rover type vehicle looks great! And I spot a fire truck, excellent :laugh: . Vincent is right though, the fire truck needs more details. How about making some compartements at the back?

photo_feb_18__4_40_07_pm.jpg

photo_feb_18__4_39_16_pm.jpg

photo_feb_18__4_46_09_pm.jpg

photo_feb_18__4_39_36_pm.jpg

photo_feb_18__4_38_56_pm.jpg

I have added some detailing and moving parts to the Firetruck. Added some more color details as well.

photo_feb_18__4_42_20_pm.jpg

photo_feb_18__4_42_44_pm.jpg

Edited by Phred
De-embedded images

Added a little park. Since I kept the streets modular like the buildings making adding and expanding is very easy. Hope they make the new modulars into minis. Its a little hard to see but Im using the extra rope in the Mini Modulars as the border. I like how the fountain turned out. It provided a nice break and some "green" space to the street scape.

photo_feb_18__7_52_32_pm.jpg

photo_feb_18__7_51_16_pm.jpg

photo_feb_18__7_50_58_pm.jpg

Edited by axalonark
De-embedded images

Sorry and corrected.

:wacko: Are you kidding? They are still 2500x2000!!

EDIT: Ahh, I see. You've replaced the images and I needed to re-cache them. Thanks. :sweet:

:wacko: Are you kidding? They are still 2500x2000!!

EDIT: Ahh, I see. You've replaced the images and I needed to re-cache them. Thanks. :sweet:

You had me worried there for a second.

The park is a very nice addition to the street scene. And the fire truck is much better now, nice use of the car door piece! But the motor cycle looks a bit odd compared to the rest of the vehicles. To me it's giving more the impression of a snowmobile somehow...

To Vincent: I did place a 2x6 plate under each building to give just enough height to clear the streets.

To Brick Box: I agree the motorcycle is more of a Tron light cycle.

This is my first attempt at anything like this. Micro or city. Next step will be to design my own buildings.