stark mark 5

LDD MOC V19 Landspeeder

gallery_101_23_281.gif

"Hit them low, hard, and fast. Then get ready to run."

―Captain Panaka, briefing Gian speeder pilots before an attack on Trade Federation AATs

gian_speeder.jpg

SoroSuub had designed the V-19 Landspeeder to operate as both civilian and military transports. The vehicle's medium-grade hull plating and reinforced armor made it a common sight on congested urban worlds where collisions were commonplace.

The V-19 was also equipped with thrust pods tucked in at its back to reduce target silhouette. This made it popular with the Naboo Royal Security Forces which deployed it for a range of situations including crowd control, wilderness excursions and urban battles.

Although Naboo was a fairly peaceful planet, the Gian speeder was nonetheless rather heavily armed, with 2 forward light repeating blasters that could easily disable non-military vehicles. Each blaster had its own dedicated auxiliary power unit which allowed it to operate even if the speeder's primary power generator was damaged.

Furthermore the vehicle had one removable medium blaster cannon, that was able to pierce the lower forward armor below the pilot's hatch of an AAT. Some Gian speeders didn't carry this cannon, their pilots favoring a larger windshield.

Each carried a pilot, gunner and 2 passengers which were usually more than enough to handle a situation. Command versions of the vehicle featured holographic projection systems for tactical planning and more advanced communication systems.

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

Nice job stark mark 5, just two minor points, shouldn't it be green or purple? I don't remember seeing any blue speeders, and the engines should come out a bit further, the intakes need to have a clear line of sight down the body.

Green or purple, it still looks great.Lots of nice detail and nice brick work..

Good job

Agreed! Are those windows just floating there?

Very well done! It looks very detailed and accurate! The only thing I would change is to remove the 1x2 tiles in the back so that the back is flat. I've indexed this, but please provide a link to your entry in the sign-up thread next time.

shouldn't it be green or purple?

The one Padme used looked pretty bluish to me, although that wasn't one of the military variant. Either way, it looks pretty good in blue, so who cares. :wink:

Are those windows just floating there?

The front ones are attached by one stud to SNOT hinge plates, and the back ones are attached to large SNOT plates.

Very well done! It looks very detailed and accurate! The only thing I would change is to remove the 1x2 tiles in the back so that the back is flat. I've indexed this, but please provide a link to your entry in the sign-up thread next time.

The one Padme used looked pretty bluish to me, although that wasn't one of the military variant. Either way, it looks pretty good in blue, so who cares. :wink:

The front ones are attached by one stud to SNOT hinge plates, and the back ones are attached to large SNOT plates.

Link doesn't work.

See here.

Or here.

Or here.

Those links don't work either. :sceptic: Just check any of the images in the lower third of this page.

Those links don't work either. :sceptic: Just check any of the images in the lower third of this page.

WTF?! :wacko:

I just testes tested them.

Edit: I tested them again, and they work for me. :wacko:

Edited by Legoman273

As I've said, the uploader doesn't allow hotlinking. You'll have to save those screencaps and reupload them.

But the links worked; for me at least.

This is a pretty cool design idea. It keeps the feel of the Gian speeders, while diverging from the Flash. I dislike how difficult it is to make sloping noses of speeders and ships unless you use specific lego pieces. It has always been my biggest problem when building speeders.

nice work, i recognized it immediately, and thought the coloring was pretty much spot on... i guess most of the confusion has been caused by its tiny amount of screentime and then slightly modified appearance in star wars battlefront

nice work, i recognized it immediately, and thought the coloring was pretty much spot on... i guess most of the confusion has been caused by its tiny amount of screentime and then slightly modified appearance in star wars battlefront

cheers its a pretty epic little speeder

Edited by stark mark 5

This is a speeder from the Phantom Menace that hasn't had any love from LEGO before, which is disappointing because you've made it clear it can be represented quite well in Lego! :sweet::thumbup: