Sign in to follow this  
Rufus

The Curse of IMHOTEP - Day Seven

The scorpions, having delivered Nicholas Hoare to the statue, watch his unmasking..

6813633629_2be0863b99_z.jpg

'Keep walking into my mouth scorpions; anything's better than the taste of this filth! Urgh!'

Later that night, Ahmed Apu is washing his mucky hands in the valley's clear pool.

6813639485_8b092f84ca_z.jpg

'I can never seem to get them clean,' he murmurs to himself.

He gives up, and wanders away.

6813642039_aed2bb6318_z.jpg

He is somewhat preoccupied ...

... and doesn't notice the danger.

6813643699_a8b6d20fd5_z.jpg

Whump!

Ahmed is sent sprawling, hands and head first ...

6813651029_555e37e16f_z.jpg

... straight into the burgeoning pile of camel dung, where he lies unconscious.

Meanwhile, Mellifluous Murgatroyd is busy composing the headline news of her career...

6813657087_4fd1654528_z.jpg

'This story has everything!' she says to herself. 'Murder, intrigue, romance, mythology, beings from a fictional universe...'

She gets stuck on a word, and turns to a dark, dark figure for help.

6813662011_65cf2586fe_z.jpg

'How do you spell "definitely"?' she asks the dark, dark figure.

'Like this: D - E - F - I - A - N - T - L - Y.' says the ever-helpful, dark, dark figure, sniggering.

6813667423_82e0062fcd_z.jpg

Mellifluous is sceptical. 'Are you sure?' she asks.

'Oh yes. Definitely,' replies the figure, defiantly.

'Oh well,' sighs Mellifluous, 'it'll have to do.'

6813671889_362a2ba936_z.jpg

'Whatever,' says the figure, darkly, as it lunges with its drawn syringe.

The figure glances at Mellifluous's copy.

6813676939_c9e4181904_z.jpg

'What a load of trash,' it mutters, as it throws the article onto the fire.

The figure drags Melllifluous's unconscious body to the statue.

6813681159_bb058359d8_z.jpg

It notices the body of Ahmed Apu lying in the camel dung.

'Waste not, want not,' it thinks ...

6813688831_0f6dd75d84_z.jpg

... as it drags both to IMHOTEP's open mouth.

Ahmed's clothes fall from the chute ...

6813691771_a2cff1c107_z.jpg

'Booooring!' booms the statue.

Then comes Mellifluous's attire:

6813698211_704531e900_z.jpg

'That's more like it! Delicious!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The following morning, Ossie and Is have created a little ice rink from the splashes from their watery exploits of yesterday.

6813737401_f645d181a1_z.jpg

'That pile of clothes is rather getting in the way,' notes Ossie.

'I hope they clear up after themselves when they leave.'

The remaining campies are quiet, intent upon the task in front of them.

6813706291_3eccabfc48_z.jpg

There's the sleazy Gordon Bennett, the dashing and debonair William Fitzpatrick, and the steely, determined Sheila Suxsumb...

... the inscrutable Aloysius, sporting his latest headgear; the supercilious Toulouse LePlot...

6813711633_110678d758_z.jpg

... and Ishaq Ettaq: shy and reserved, it appears, in stark contrast to his character description.

By the fire stand the indomitable Roger Goodenarde, and his incomprehensible lieutenant Hugh Janus...

6813717977_263546c5d4_z.jpg

... while between them the sassy Jenny Taylor and the efficient Johnson Cox guard Schnookums the bear from any further verbal threats .

As one, they turn and look upwards...

6813724895_62ebab0f07_z.jpg

... to the towering statue that governs their fate.

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Innocents or the Cultists. To win the game, the Innocents must eliminate all the Cultists, while the Cultists need to sacrifice ... Virgins. Any Third-Party (neutral) characters will have their own win conditions outlined in their roles.
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. There is no limit to the number of unvotes. The player with the most votes at the end of a game day will be lynched. If there is a tie then the first player to achieve this vote count will be lynched.
  3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after 72 hours, unless the group are decided on a lynch. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host, using the initial character PM thread only, in the first 24 hours of the night stage. They will not be accepted after this deadline has passed.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game hosts via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game. Any reference to previous games or “games... of life”, potatoes, books that people have read, pigeons, films or plays that people may have seen, Harriet, sluts, mathematics, 2pid Rouges or figurative suspense will be treated most harshly. Metagame at your own risk.
  7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  8. You may not edit your posts.
  9. You must post in every day thread.
  10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the hosts using your character information PM. No other communication with the hosts will be accepted or acknowledged.
  11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence.

The Players

6623471525_c049c6e28a_o.jpg

The Great God IMHOTEP (NPC)

Do not upset him. Address him correctly or face the consequences. You have been warned.

6608373163_2fd3453da4_t.jpg6608371167_c533ef2d0e_t.jpg

The Guardians – Ossie and Is (Rufus and Pandora - NPCs)

6643855363_8b360b470f_t.jpgSheila Suxsumb - Played by Tamamono

6643866653_4a754df087_t.jpgJohnson Cox - Played by Cecilie

6643857563_3a5bb3c64d_t.jpgJennifer Taylor - Played by Sandy

6643903693_86a441ba32_t.jpgRoger Goodenarde - Played by Professor Flitwick

6643899145_7dc6d6505c_t.jpgWilliam Fitzpatrick - Played by CorneliusMurdock

6643896727_d0a5b79221_t.jpgHugh Janus - Played by Eskallon

6643872007_a540288c82_t.jpgAloysius - Played by ADHO15

6643894663_ba76ac5d06_t.jpgGordon Bennett - Played by KielDaMan

6643892345_562243cfd9_t.jpgToulouse Leplot - Played by WhiteFang

6643882069_4410626746_t.jpgIshaq Ettaq - Played by Wuntin

The Departed

6643859703_f7d8d9390a_t.jpg6813700413_886eda229f_t.jpgMellifluous Murgatroyd - Played by Scubacarrot - Innocent (Virgin) - sacrificed Night Six

6643876663_3e05a57276_t.jpg6813699063_d05254fea8_t.jpgAhmed Apu - Played by Zepher - Innocent - sacrificied Night Six

6643868821_4816072ce7_t.jpg6813940115_24d087f31e_t.jpgNicholas Hoare - Played by Fugazi - Cultist - lynched Day Six

6643864133_808f92d91b_t.jpg6790843609_38bc0d1344_t.jpgOphelia Balls - Played by fhomess - Innocent - sacrificed Night Five

6644030399_ecddbc1907_t.jpg6790865857_827d2ac89a_t.jpgHans Gubernaculum - Played by Bob - Innocent (Virgin) - lynched Day Five

6643884843_01fa344f66_t.jpg6767351885_1c7000e57d_t.jpgMehmet Attabar - Played by Hinckley - Innocent - sacrificed Night Four

6643874135_2269a1f9af_t.jpg6767353683_1cd3dccf67_t.jpgNadir Zenith - Played by JimButcher - Innocent (Virgin) - sacrificed Night Four

6643906041_e0e2cdb15e_t.jpg6767350563_4c6040212c_t.jpgBetty Swallocks - Played by TinyPiesRUs - Cultist - lynched Day Four

6643908649_06d0ebdf53_t.jpg6743556053_0d10434f99_t.jpgPenelope Farago - Played by Waterbrick Down - Innocent - sacrificed Night Three

6643879525_886a9c9fd0_t.jpg6743563181_0aa384e523_t.jpgMustafa Nidia - Played by Brickdoctor - Cultist - lynched Day Three

6643901415_4a4bced4a4_t.jpg6716294687_ff1f02c69b_t.jpgPatrick Fitzwilliam - Played by def - Innocent (Virgin) - sacrificed Night Two

6643861959_d0d3342c85_t.jpg6716295661_f9150f4706_t.jpgMelaena Stools - Played by CallMePieOrDie - Cultist - lynched Day Two

6643889967_39698bff68_t.jpg6690511125_1e30f47815_t.jpgPercy Pantwitter - Played by Rick - Innocent (Virgin) - sacrificed Night One

6643887385_770c61c721_t.jpg6686096621_6d83839c76_t.jpgFather Thomas “Tomato” Thomson - Played by Ricecracker - Innocent (Virgin) - lynched Day One

Reserves

zakura

VolcanicPanik

Alright, our fourth cultist! :sweet: It's too bad about poor Mellifluous and Ahmed though - especially Mellifluous, since she was pure. :sceptic:

So, where do we stand now? There should only be one or two more cultists left amongst us. Who could he/she/they be? :look: Pretty much everyone's cleared at this point.

Hmm. I have mixed feelings about last night's results. I think the majority of us were rather confident about Nicholas's lynch, and it definitely paid off. It came at a great price, however: yet another Virgin and an innocent.

I take it one of those was killed by the vigilante? If so, they do not seem to be doing a very good job, and have not been since we entered this hole in the desert. Maybe it would be more beneficial for Batman to have a quiet night tonight if he is not certain of his target, especially when there are so few of us left.

On a more positive note, I just found the headpiece from the Statue of Liberty costume I wore to a fancy dress party last week. Doesn't it make me look dashing?

Rot in hell, Nicholas. I was hoping you'd be the last but I guess we have at least one more to find.

Rest in peace, Mellifluous and Ahmed. You'll be missed.

Pretty much everyone's cleared at this point.

Not everyone, as there are still several people yet to be confirmed. We're still waiting for some night action results from last night, and hopefully those will clear some people and will narrow down the list ofa the last probable cultist(s), who will be subjected to lynching today and/or will be dealt with nocturnal actions tonight.

Mellifluous and Ahmed, may both of you rest in peace. We will be doing our very best to nail those remaining cultist.

:sweet: Thats one more down.

So that leaves 9 of us, this can't be that hard. Lets get to it boys.

Four cultists down! Let's hope we're getting close to nailing the last one of them. Too bad they got another virgin tonight. May you rest in peace Mellifluous (did I get that right? :look:). And Ahmed, your sacrifice will not be in vain :sadnew:. We have a very short list of suspects now, stay tuned :devil:.

Well, folks, it looks like we got some good results back last night. No "Cultist" investigation results but enough to make a reasonable guess as to whom the last scum is.

Verified by some sort of night action

Johnson Cox

Jennifer Taylor

Roger Goodenarde

William Fitzpatrick

Hugh Janus

Aloysius

Gordon Bennett

Toulouse Leplot

Ishaq Ettaq

Not Verified

Sheila Suxsumb

Who do you guys think we should vote out today? :wink:

Probably the worst kept secret in the game is that Sheila has indeed claimed to be an Action Campie. While publicly she has claimed Virgin, it was a ruse designed by Mehmet to try to make her a target for the scum. I left her out of my list yesterday of claimed actions because there was a slim chance that the scum didn't know about her if I was wrong about Nicholas.

Sheila claims to be a bomb. She told Mehmet that if she was killed at night that she would take her killer with her to the afterlife. She also claimed that the same thing would happen to the first person who votes for her if she gets lynched. Pretty convenient way to not get lynched or vig-killed, right? Of all the actions that remain to us, I'd have to say the bomb is the least likely to be real even if we didn't have the results on everyone else.

Sheila claims to be a bomb. She told Mehmet that if she was killed at night that she would take her killer with her to the afterlife. She also claimed that the same thing would happen to the first person who votes for her if she gets lynched. Pretty convenient way to not get lynched or vig-killed, right? Of all the actions that remain to us, I'd have to say the bomb is the least likely to be real even if we didn't have the results on everyone else.

Well, secret's out now. I'm the bomb. It doesn't matter now, since Nicholas already knew, and there as no way the scum would go for me once they knew what I am. Mehmet and I made every effort to get myself blown up, but unfortunately, the scum never took the bait, and I never got a chance to send a cultist to hell.

I don't really know what to say. You're suggesting that the campies lynch me out of desperation. There is no evidence against me, and I've been nothing but helpful. If you were worried about me, then why didn't you have Bluto investigate me? :wacko: I don't blow up just anybody who targets me at night, you know. :hmpf: I was cherrinated by someone and investigated by Good and Hard in the same night, and they're both still alive right now. If you had investigated me, then you would have seen that I'm innocent, and we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Besides, if I was scum, why would I claim bomb? :wacko: That's almost as bad as claiming miller. It's a role that completely covers a scum's trail, and thus something a scum wouldn't want to claim because it would draw a suspicious eye. Plus, it would look bad if I was trying my best to turn myself into a human landmine and then I didn't get blown up.

As for who the last scum is/are, I have no megablocking clue. I, like many others, have been left in the dark this game. However, one of the people you 'cleared' may in fact be the godfather. Or maybe it's Good and Hard, and he's been making up BS for his results. I don't know. All I know is that it's NOT ME.

Normally I would just say, "Okay William, you think you're so smart? Go ahead, lynch me. You'll see that I'm innocent in the morning. I'm not a virgin, so my death doesn't mean shit.", but no, that is not an option now. In case you've all forgotten, I blow up the first person on my bandwagon. :hmpf: So unless you can trick the scum into voting for me first, then we're going to end up losing not one but two innocents today. Maybe even a virgin, if one of them is stupid enough to go for me. The last cultist or cultists know that I'm not scum, and will not vote for me today because they know the danger to themselves. Today they get to sit back with a tub of popcorn and watch two innocents (and maybe a virgin) die needlessly.

I'll tell you why Bluto didn't investigate you last night. You weren't the only suspect. It was more important that we cleared someone else. We know people can target you, we just can't wait several nights for Bluto to check everyone. There's not that many virgins left.

I'm not asking everyone to vote for you out of desperation. It's called logic. I've verified everyone else as much as I can right now. You're the only suspect remaining. Of all the role claims, bomb is the least likely to be true. I've gone over everything. That's the way it is Sheila. Sorry.

I'm not asking everyone to vote for you out of desperation. It's called logic. I've verified everyone else as much as I can right now. You're the only suspect remaining. Of all the role claims, bomb is the least likely to be true. I've gone over everything. That's the way it is Sheila. Sorry.

Sure, I understand, all things point to me. The logic says I'm scum, right? But that doesn't change the fact that I'M NOT SCUM! I don't know what the hell is going on here, but I am NOT a cultist! I am an innocent, and damn it, I'm not going to let you people doom both me and whoever draws the shortest straw and has to vote for me. :angry: It is the duty of a good innocent to not let the camp megabluck itself over, and that is exactly what you will be doing if you vote for me. I will NOT go down without a fight because that would be half-assed and irresponsible of me as an innocent. I am not a cultist!

Well, secret's out now. I'm the bomb. It doesn't matter now, since Nicholas already knew, and there as no way the scum would go for me once they knew what I am. Mehmet and I made every effort to get myself blown up, but unfortunately, the scum never took the bait, and I never got a chance to send a cultist to hell.

You won't mind that we vote you out then, since you're useless to us now :sweet:

I don't really know what to say. You're suggesting that the campies lynch me out of desperation. There is no evidence against me, and I've been nothing but helpful. If you were worried about me, then why didn't you have Bluto investigate me? :wacko: I don't blow up just anybody who targets me at night, you know. :hmpf: I was cherrinated by someone and investigated by Good and Hard in the same night, and they're both still alive right now. If you had investigated me, then you would have seen that I'm innocent, and we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

It's not really out of desperation. It's the logical move for today. You weren't investigated because someone else needed to be cleared first, because that would clear more people at the same time. Now that you're the only one left to clear, it doesn't really make sense to wait another night to do that, when we can just lynch you and get it over with. For all we know, we could be loosing tonight if the cultists only need to kill one more virgin. :def_shrug:

Besides, if I was scum, why would I claim bomb? :wacko: That's almost as bad as claiming miller. It's a role that completely covers a scum's trail, and thus something a scum wouldn't want to claim because it would draw a suspicious eye. Plus, it would look bad if I was trying my best to turn myself into a human landmine and then I didn't get blown up.

Well, that would never happen if you're scum, because then your buddies wouldn't kill you no matter how hard you tried to make yourself look like a target, would they? :wink:

As for who the last scum is/are, I have no megablocking clue. I, like many others, have been left in the dark this game. However, one of the people you 'cleared' may in fact be the godfather. Or maybe it's Good and Hard, and he's been making up BS for his results. I don't know. All I know is that it's NOT ME.

So could you. An investigation on you could be fruitless as well, if you're the godfather. The difference is that the other's actions have helped clear them as well. Your's hasn't, since you've never used it :tongue:.

Normally I would just say, "Okay William, you think you're so smart? Go ahead, lynch me. You'll see that I'm innocent in the morning. I'm not a virgin, so my death doesn't mean shit.", but no, that is not an option now. In case you've all forgotten, I blow up the first person on my bandwagon. :hmpf: So unless you can trick the scum into voting for me first, then we're going to end up losing not one but two innocents today. Maybe even a virgin, if one of them is stupid enough to go for me. The last cultist or cultists know that I'm not scum, and will not vote for me today because they know the danger to themselves. Today they get to sit back with a tub of popcorn and watch two innocents (and maybe a virgin) die needlessly.

I think this is only designed to cause fear. You're trying to make us afraid to vote you out. I don't believe at all that the first person to vote you will be killed. I think this is just a part of your plan to make us scared to deal with you.

You won't mind that we vote you out then, since you're useless to us now :sweet:

:hmpf: Have you already forgotten that I end up killing the first person on my bandwagon? Yes, I am useless. However, you shouldn't lynch me, because it will end up killing not one, but two townies today.

It's not really out of desperation. It's the logical move for today. You weren't investigated because someone else needed to be cleared first, because that would clear more people at the same time. Now that you're the only one left to clear, it doesn't really make sense to wait another night to do that, when we can just lynch you and get it over with. For all we know, we could be loosing tonight if the cultists only need to kill one more virgin. :def_shrug:

If we're going to end up losing tonight, then I'm sorry to say this, but we're going to end up losing tonight anyway. Killing me won't help you one bit, because I AM NOT A CULTIST! If you think the cultists only need one more virgin, then you need to actually go after that last cultist (or cultists), because I am not it.

Well, that would never happen if you're scum, because then your buddies wouldn't kill you no matter how hard you tried to make yourself look like a target, would they? :wink:

Don't try to be clever, Johnny. :hmpf: Of course the scum wouldn't kill me if I was scum. But I'm not scum. I AM NOT SCUM!

So could you. An investigation on you could be fruitless as well, if you're the godfather. The difference is that the other's actions have helped clear them as well. Your's hasn't, since you've never used it :tongue:.

I don't know for sure what will happen if I get investigated. A lot of weird crap has happened this game. I do know, however, that I am an innocent! The last cultist(s) must be hiding amongst the people who are 'cleared', because I am not a cultist! You are wasting your time and shooting yourselves in the foot by lynching me!!! :angry:

I think this is only designed to cause fear. You're trying to make us afraid to vote you out. I don't believe at all that the first person to vote you will be killed. I think this is just a part of your plan to make us scared to deal with you.

No shit it's supposed to cause fear! You should be afraid. If you lynch me, the first person on my bandwagon will die as well. How many times do I have to say that before you finally understand it!? :hmpf:

Well, since you don't believe my claim, then why don't you vote for me first. After all, the fact that you don't believe it in automatically means that it won't work on you. :hmpf:

If we're going to end up losing tonight, then I'm sorry to say this, but we're going to end up losing tonight anyway. Killing me won't help you one bit, because I AM NOT A CULTIST! If you think the cultists only need one more virgin, then you need to actually go after that last cultist (or cultists), because I am not it.

Like who? You're our strongest case right now.

Don't try to be clever, Johnny. :hmpf: Of course the scum wouldn't kill me if I was scum. But I'm not scum. I AM NOT SCUM!

But I am clever :grin:. Sorry it didn't work out between us Sheila :cry_sad:

I don't know for sure what will happen if I get investigated. A lot of weird crap has happened this game. I do know, however, that I am an innocent! The last cultist(s) must be hiding amongst the people who are 'cleared', because I am not a cultist! You are wasting your time and shooting yourselves in the foot by lynching me!!! :angry:

You know the cloak is gone, right? :look:

No shit it's supposed to cause fear! You should be afraid. If you lynch me, the first person on my bandwagon will die as well. How many times do I have to say that before you finally understand it!? :hmpf:

Well, since you don't believe my claim, then why don't you vote for me first. After all, the fact that you don't believe it in automatically means that it won't work on you. :hmpf:

Is that a threat? You are really angry today... And, it's not like we didn't hear you the first time :hmpf:. And unless you haven't noticed, voting hasn't opened yet...

Like who? You're our strongest case right now.

But there is no case against me! :hmpf: Your entire case consists of 'Oh, well Sheila isn't cleared, so she must be scum'. That's all there is to it. Despite what the logic says, I am innocent. I AM INNOCENT! Why can't you people see that!? :wall:

If you really thought the bomb is such an unbelievable claim, then why didn't you check me out last night or the night before or something? I think whoever's orchestrating this, whether it be William or Gordon or Good and Hard or somebody else, purposely left me uninvestigated so that I would be lynched during the day and passively take out another townie/virgin. Well, that plan is not going to work! I know for a fact that my death will needlessly waste another townie's life, and I'm not going to let it happen!

Something just occurred to me. The scum will not vote for me first, right? And if they try reverse psychology, then I'll end up blowing them up, right? So my lynch might be a good opportunity to test people.

But I am clever :grin:. Sorry it didn't work out between us Sheila :cry_sad:

It's okay, Johnny. :cry_sad: I hope I don't end up having to bring you down with me.

Is that a threat? You are really angry today... And, it's not like we didn't hear you the first time :hmpf:. And unless you haven't noticed, voting hasn't opened yet...

It's not a threat. It's just the truth. If I get lynched today, then I will passively kill whoever votes for me first. Obviously, this all relies on me being innocent, but I AM innocent. I know that it's my word against William's, but please, you have to believe me! I have been nothing but helpful this whole time. I have been working for the greatest good of the town, and you repay me for that by killing me with no evidence against me! And that's not even the worst part! You'll end up killing another townie by lynching me! Disbelieve it all you want, that doesn't change the fact that it is TRUE!

I know voting hasn't opened yet, but I know that once voting opens, it will be a landslide vote against me, and we'll have no chance. I need to defend myself while there's still time so that I will be able to save myself and the unlucky townie/virgin who has to vote for my first.

And yes, I am angry. Very angry. I'm not just going to sit around and say 'Oh, okay, the logic says I'm scum, so I must be scum!' and lie down to die even when I know I'm innocent! Maybe I'm taking this game too seriously, but we've already caught four cultists. We could very well catch the last one today or tonight or tomorrow! I won't let you all shoot yourselves in the foot when we're so close!

That said, there's a very good chance that I'm going to be pretty snappy to anyone who argues the 'case' against me, so please don't be offended by what I say. Please don't. I'd like to think we're all friends here, and I'd hate to hurt anyone's feelings, so I'll try to be less angry in the rest of my defense today. Thank you. :sweet:

My what a pickle we're in! We've lost some and gained some, but at this stage we seem to be very close to victory over the cultists.

Let's see how today goes... Could Sheila really be the last remaining cultist?

Hmm, I was going to suggest the camel friend here, but Sheila does have it stacked up against her. The whole, bomb, first person thing seems to me like a big ruse to make us far too scared to vote her.

If it comes to it, I will do the duty.

My what a pickle we're in! We've lost some and gained some, but at this stage we seem to be very close to victory over the cultists.

Let's see how today goes... Could Sheila really be the last remaining cultist?

Thanks for summarizing. :hmpf:

No, I am not the last cultist, and I am not a cultist at all. I am an innocent! The fact that I'm not cleared does not automatically make me scum! :hmpf: In the past, scum have had a very strong ability to cause confusion. Why should that be any different now? One of those people who is 'cleared' is a cultist (maybe even two if the cultists started out with six). How? I have no idea. Maybe a Godfather who comes up virgin, maybe someone faking results, I don't know. Like I said before, all I know is that I am an innocent. With that many results and that many people, it's very likely that a scum was able to slip into William or Mehmet's 'trusted' group undetected. Take a closer look at all your results! If something doesn't add up, then look into it! I am an innocent, and lynching me is equivalent to shooting yourself in the foot.

I know that it's my word against tons of results, but you have to believe me!

Hmm, I was going to suggest the camel friend here, but Sheila does have it stacked up against her. The whole, bomb, first person thing seems to me like a big ruse to make us far too scared to vote her.

If it comes to it, I will do the duty.

I don't 'have it stacked up' against me. There is no case against me! :hmpf:

If I was scum, then claiming bomb would be perfect because it would allow me to, as you say, make everyone too scared to vote for me or to kill me at night. But I'm not stupid! If I really was scum, then I would understand how suspicious claiming bomb would look for me since it really is a perfect claim for a scum to make. Like I said before, a claim that covers a scum's trail would be a horrible idea for claiming if I really was scum. The reverse psychology of it makes it an awful claim.

DAY SEVEN INTERLUDE

Almost a week has passed for the campies stranded on the dusty canyon floor. Is continues to pirouette daintily upon the ice, while Ossie sits down and addresses the ten remaining expedition members.

6817554945_e0529738f9_z.jpg

'Long ago,' says Ossie, 'there stood in this valley the Great Temple of IMHOTEP.'

'There were mighty pillars crafted from stone, adorned with hieroglyphs recounting the many tales of the works of IMHOTEP, and supporting a vast roof that sheltered this very ground from the heat and dust.'

'It was a most majestic edifice, towering above the rocky crags that you see now. The marbled floor, inlaid with gold and silver, shone in the light of the morning sun. Riches beyond your imaginings were arrayed as trinkets on its altars, and pilgrims journeyed from all over Egypt to pay homage and bring tribute to the great benevolence of IMHOTEP.'

'But such immortal powers are ambivalent. Evil was brought into the valley, and with it the seeds of the Temple's destruction.

Sacrificing that which is whole and pure would cause IMHOTEP to unleash destruction; destroying that which is evil restores IMHOTEP's benevolence.

Too late did the ancients learn that vital lesson.'

The campies' looks vary from boredom to frank irritation

6817495745_564712871f_z.jpg

'Yes, yes, we know all that,' cries one. 'But, say we succeed in destroying this evil, how do we actually get out of here?'

'I say we cross that bridge when we come it,' says another. 'Let's concentrate on destroying the evil first.'

'Before it destroys us.'

You may now vote. You have 48 hours to reach a conviction.

Bhaa-haa-haa! It's not quite desperation, is it? According to Fizpatrick, everyone has been verified by a night action. Everyone but you. By process of elimination, you are the best candidate for lynching.

Now then, as for you helpfulness. I'm well aware of the operation you and Ackbar has planned out, eh-what? At first I was certain that all but confirmed your innocence, but then Hoare turned out to be a cultist. According to Ms. Murrygold, Ms. Balls told her that Ackbar trusted him. Murrgold and Balls were both innocent, so neither would lie. If Ackbar could of been wrong about Hoare, he could be wrong about you.

As for bringing up that fact I'm still alive, Fizpatrick never brought up anything about you killing people who target you with non-violent night actions. Why did you do so?

Impossible. How would I have known you were not a virgin, and that Ms. Balls and Ms. Murrygold were?

Also, what kind of bomb works when lynched and attacked at night? I've never heard of them both being in the same bomb, eh-what?

Okay, voting has started now. Before William gets all the lemmings ready to seal my fate the votes start stacking up on me, please take in to consideration what I've been saying! For the thousandth time, I have no idea who the last cultist(s) is/are, but I do know that it's not me! By lynching me, you are killing two innocents. (If you really are going to lynch me, then I hope you have the common sense not to waste a virgin)

Bhaa-haa-haa! It's not quite desperation, is it? According to Fizpatrick, everyone has been verified by a night action. Everyone but you. By process of elimination, you are the best candidate for lynching.

Yes, by the 'process of elimination', I am the best target for lynching. However, that does not change the fact that I am innocent! I have no idea why the hell everyone else is cleared, because I am innocent! There must be at least one cultist left, but I KNOW FOR A FACT that I am not it!

Sure, I have no way to prove myself. I have not been proven by a night action, and I have no vital evidence that would prove me town. But that doesn't mean I'm not town! Have you all so soon forgotten poor Hans!? He had no way to prove himself either, but he was innocent (despite what he claimed :wacko:)!

When Mehmet wakes up in the heavens and reads this, he's going to be pissed that you guys are being so blind. I AM NOT SCUM! I don't know who is, but I know it's not me! It's not me!

Now then, as for you helpfulness. I'm well aware of the operation you and Ackbar has planned out, eh-what? At first I was certain that all but confirmed your innocence, but then Hoare turned out to be a cultist. According to Ms. Murrygold, Ms. Balls told her that Ackbar trusted him. Murrgold and Balls were both innocent, so neither would lie. If Ackbar could of been wrong about Hoare, he could be wrong about you.

I'm not saying that I'm town because Mehmet trusted me and that he's never wrong. I'm saying that I'm town because I've been working for and with the town since Day 1! I have been active, and helpful, and insightful, not to mention that I've basically been planning this whole game to turn myself into a landmine to kill a scum!

Besides, do you all honestly think I could trick Mehmet!? :wacko: Two of the games I've been in were cut abruptly short for me, and I ended up megablocking the town over in two out of the remaining three games

Impossible. How would I have known you were not a virgin, and that Ms. Balls and Ms. Murrygold were?

Oh, that's right! Thank you for pointing that out, Good and Hard. If Mehmet didn't give you any indication that I was innocent, then you only would have known my alignment if you had told the truth. You are probably not a cultist (not being sarcastic here, this is the truth).

Also, what kind of bomb works when lynched and attacked at night? I've never heard of them both being in the same bomb, eh-what?

You don't get out much, do you? :hmpf: Admiral Ron was the bomb who worked with both in Werewolf, and Penguin was the bomb who worked with both in Bloodbrick I.

Besides, I've never heard of a cloak that deflects night actions before! That must mean it's not real! :hmpf:

We had a bit more to go on with Nicholas but not much. I think that whatever he was doing to not be targetable is the way scum cause confusion in this game. If the "godfather" ability is also present, I'll be surprised.

Thank you for admitting that you are indeed the best target for lynching. And for not using the sheep analogy when referring to this hard working town. Lemmings is a much more fun word to say. Lemmings. When life gives you lemmings, you make lemming-aid.

As to your self-deprecating words, I think you're capable of pulling off something like this. You've been consistently getting better every game. This has also been a game where the scum made some pretty bold moves. Betty came forward as an investigator when she knew the real one had to still be alive. Nicholas spent a long time faking his claim and biding his time until Mehmet revealed as much info as Nicholas needed. I think with your experience and with a daring team of scum behind you, you'd be more than capable of pulling a fake bomb claim off. It's also a fair bit less complicated than the undercover work that both Nicholas and Betty put in.

Oh, and Roger has graciously volunteered to level the first vote at you, so you should be pleased to know that if you're telling the truth, no virgin will die. Thank you, Roger. Your devotion to the camp shall be remembered after we get out of this hole. Hugh, wait for Roger to vote.

We had a bit more to go on with Nicholas but not much. I think that whatever he was doing to not be targetable is the way scum cause confusion in this game. If the "godfather" ability is also present, I'll be surprised.

That is a good point. If all actions that targeted Nicholas failed, then you're right, he probably was the 'confusion causing' scum role this game. If that's true, then I have no megablocking clue as to who the scum is, and how he/she got on the 'cleared' list. :wacko: Once again, I AM NOT SCUM! Voting me off will not help you in any way!

Thank you for admitting that you are indeed the best target for lynching. And for not using the sheep analogy when referring to this hard working town. Lemmings is a much more fun word to say. Lemmings. When life gives you lemmings, you make lemming-aid.

You're welcome. :sweet: I figured lemmings would be a better analogy, because sheep don't vote off the megablocking bomb. :hmpf: Oops, lemmings don't do that either? :blush: Sorry, I meant to say that sheep don't commit mass suicide. Easy to get those mixed up. :wink:

And when life gives you lemmings, don't make lemming-aid. Make life take the lemmings back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemmings - what am I supposed to do with these!? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Sheila Suxsumb lemmings! :rofl:

As to your self-deprecating words, I think you're capable of pulling off something like this. You've been consistently getting better every game. This has also been a game where the scum made some pretty bold moves. Betty came forward as an investigator when she knew the real one had to still be alive. Nicholas spent a long time faking his claim and biding his time until Mehmet revealed as much info as Nicholas needed. I think with your experience and with a daring team of scum behind you, you'd be more than capable of pulling a fake bomb claim off. It's also a fair bit less complicated than the undercover work that both Nicholas and Betty put in.

It's not self-deprecation, it's the truth. I'm okay at these games, but I'm certainly not good enough to pull something like this off yet. Plus, I've never played scum. Don't you think that would show in my behavior? If I was scum, then I would have probably given myself away with a stupid slip-up.

Thank you for saying I'm getting consistently better though. :sweet: I like to think I am.

Oh, and Roger has graciously volunteered to level the first vote at you, so you should be pleased to know that if you're telling the truth, no virgin will die. Thank you, Roger. Your devotion to the camp shall be remembered after we get out of this hole. Hugh, wait for Roger to vote.

Good. If I must die, then I would really rather not take a virgin down with me. At least it's only Good and Hard. :hmpf:

If you really want to make my death worthwhile, then get the most suspicious person from your 'cleared' list to vote for me first. If she/he's scum, then she/he won't want to, and he/she will be obvious. Or if he/she does vote for me first, then I can rid the camp of another cultist before I die.

This doesn't change the fact that I am seriously pissed off right now, and it doesn't change the fact that I am going to continue to fight to keep myself alive. Like I said before, it would be irresponsible of me as an innocent to let you all waste a day on me, because I AM INNOCENT! :hmpf: