BigRedGoat

MOC: Carl Fredrickson's house.

indexed.gif B-RV-13B

Hopefully I'm putting this in the right section. The movie UP is my girlfriend's favorite movie. She always wanted a model of Carl's house, but I could never find any aside from custom pieces, and papercraft. I spent a while in LDD coming up with the concept, then ordered it directly from LEGO as a design by me piece. After 3 weeks of anxious waiting around it finally arrived the other day.

all 862 pieces

DSCF3105.jpg

The characters. Russell, Carl, and Ellie:

DSCF3115.jpg

The finished product:

DSCF3120.jpg

DSCF3123.jpg

DSCF3121.jpg

Ignore the missing piece of roof plate on the back, they missed it when packing it.

The front wall is hinged so you can swing open to reveal the interior:

DSCF3140.jpg

Just like in the movie, the whole house can take off of it's foundation:

DSCF3130.jpg

To reveal Carl & Ellie's chairs, fireplace, and their "Paradise Falls" change jar:

DSCF3131.jpg

Finally, compared to the movie house:

DSCF3139.jpg

UpMovieHouse.jpg

I had to make a few concessions with colors, but overall i think it came out pretty close.

Edited by Phred

Very nice 'BRG', I'm sure she'll love it! How come you didn't buy the pieces through Bricklink? Probably would have saved you a pretty penny. Anyway great remake of the house default_classic.gif

I really like this - it's a shame about the colours, but as you say, you have to make concessions there. There are some very nice details, like the money jar and not least the garden hose drum. And it does look lovely when delivered in that unique Lego box. Well done!

This looks nice! Maybe it would have looked more like it in grays? This is very nice! It's too bad you can't do DesignbyMe anymore. :cry_sad:

This is a sweet house! You captured it very nicely, too bad for colour change, but it's hard to get the right pieces in the right colours. All in all, it looks great with the nice box, and is instantly recognizable. Well done!

Nice house 'BigRedGoat' :classic: , pity DesignByMe is finished with by Lego. :sadnew:

Only the white walls in the front looks out of place but that's okay.....Carl might have started whitewashing the front of the house. :wink:

Brick On 'BigRedGoat' ! :classic:

Thanks guys. I got the set through LEGO mostly because I wanted all new stuff for this build. I'm planning on proposing to my girlfriend in a couple months, and I'll be hiding her ring inside the house. I figured it would be something that we would keep around for a while, so I wanted it to look as nice as possible.

I'm planning on proposing to my girlfriend in a couple months, and I'll be hiding her ring inside the house.

I wish you the best of luck with that! Hopefully, she won't catch the Lego bug and join Eurobricks before that :)

BRG... That is really nice. It looks just like Carl's house, and the color changes do not affect the build or looks.

I hope she says yes (she will) and that you have a long, healthy, happy, LEGO life together.

Andy D

Just to update everyone, SHE SAID YES!

DSCF3493.jpg

IMG_3688.jpg

IMG_9038.jpg

Also, I added a full tiled brown floor, which you can kinda see in the second photo.

Edited by BigRedGoat

Great MOC, and an even better idea for a proposal! Congrats, my good sir :thumbup:

I love happy endings, and this is ABSOLUTELY a happy ending! Congrats to you and your future wife!

Also, very nice MOC. I really like it.

Now, that's a special way to propose. Congratulations!

Just to update everyone, SHE SAID YES!

Congratulations! :sweet:

The 6-prong diamond mount is very good! :thumbup:

My wife would have lost her diamond multiple times if the ring was only a 4-prong.

I've since gotten platinum prongs for her ring too.

She's never going to loose that diamond from her ring, no matter how hard she tries. :devil_laugh:

Congrats to the successful proposal, 'BigRedGoat'! :sweet:

Though the colors are a bit off, the MOC looks fantastic, and is very faithful to its movie counterpart. :thumbup: