Sign in to follow this  
Gioppa

Why Can't I View Member Profiles?

Why did I not see this topic earlier? Thank you Janitor!

No one ever notices the janitor, he just kind of blends into the background....oh you meant the topic :laugh: No harm, no foul mate.

No one ever notices the janitor, he just kind of blends into the background....oh you meant the topic :laugh: No harm, no foul mate.

You're a janitor! Wow! I think that Shadows should be the janitor. It's his type of expertise. :laugh:

Good morning eurobrickers admins. I have a slight problem. I joined the site a few days ago and am experiencing some problems with accessing my account. It will let me view my settings, but not my actual account. When I click my name banner at the top right hand corner it comes up with a new page saying that I do not have permission to view other members accounts. I have validated my account through the email that was sent and signed in, plus I can still post topics and replies, I just can't access my profile page.

I would be very grateful if any admins could help solve my problem. :sceptic:

Your problem will solve itself in 7 posts. :wink:

A search or browsing the most recent topics in the correct subforum would have probably answered your question.

Your problem will solve itself in 7 posts. :wink:

A search or browsing the most recent topics in the correct subforum would have probably answered your question.

Yes, this is the correct answer. I'll be moving this out of the Embassy forum now...

Yes, this is the correct answer. I'll be moving this out of the Embassy forum now...

I'll put up the ISC signal to see if the Janitor will come in and merge this thread with the existing one.

janitor.jpg

I'll put up the ISC signal to see if the Janitor will come in and merge this thread with the existing one.

I've done the course; I'll do it. :wink:

I am trying to access my membership page but it says i dont have permission to do that. I am logged in so it isnt something silly like that and the problem isnt between desk and computer if you know what i mean! :) So if you could enlighten me i will be grateful

So when we reach 10 posts, we will be able to see our own profile?

Yes, as has been said all throughout this topic already.

Yes, as has been said all throughout this topic already.

Well, every little post count, but I was just surprised that I cannot look at my own profile, that is all.

Well, every little post count, but I was just surprised that I cannot look at my own profile, that is all.

It's a standard safety measure to try and avoid spammers, you also can't use PM's until you have ten posts, which hopefully will help stop bots from joining and sending out spam.

I wonder if it would help to restrict posting a new thread until 10 posts as well, that way new members would have to search and likely find this thread.

I wonder if it would help to restrict posting a new thread until 10 posts as well, that way new members would have to search and likely find this thread.

Good idea Cammo, but some people join in order to post an amazing MOC they've been working on, and I guess we don't want them to go elsewhere :look: . Plus it would make the introductions forum a bit pointless! :laugh:

Isn't this issue highlighted in the signup procedure? Because the question seems to be coming back at least once a week. Maybe a FAQ is in order? Although that maybe overdoing it considering we already have an index of tutorials and an explanation of user groups and tags.

Good idea Cammo, but some people join in order to post an amazing MOC they've been working on, and I guess we don't want them to go elsewhere :look: . Plus it would make the introductions forum a bit pointless! :laugh:

Good point. Back to the drawing board.

Isn't this issue highlighted in the signup procedure? Because the question seems to be coming back at least once a week. Maybe a FAQ is in order? Although that maybe overdoing it considering we already have an index of tutorials and an explanation of user groups and tags.

If only new members would take the time to read them over and take it in...

If only new members would take the time to read them over and take it in...

This is a key right here. I am sure many folks just click past the information and rush to join without really reading what they are agreeing to etc. I do nto think you can design a system that will force folks to use their minds and read, think, understand. :classic:

You could make it so in order to register they have to answer a few questions from the TOS. I know a few message boards that do that.

You could make it so in order to register they have to answer a few questions from the TOS. I know a few message boards that do that.

An interesting proposal. But how would that work for those who wish to join but have difficulty understanding English?