Sign in to follow this  
Gioppa

Why Can't I View Member Profiles?

It's 10 posts. The reason Siegfried said 7 earlier is because legodude116 was at 3.

Got it - I'll keep working! Thanks.

Got it - I'll keep working! Thanks.

Don't work too hard. :laugh:

Hello everybody.

I searched the forums, if somebody else has/had the same issue, but it seems that I can not edit my profile.

Choosing "my Profile" prompts me a message [#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles.

I can changs my settings, though.

Have I overread something or is this a common issue? Thanks in advance.

Hmmm, I'm not sure. One of the Root Admins should be able to help you out though, they should see this soon. :classic:

Don't know if somebody has done something - but it is solved. So if somebody is the reason for that, thank you, if not, thank you for reading anyway. :-)

Don't know if somebody has done something - but it is solved. So if somebody is the reason for that, thank you, if not, thank you for reading anyway. :-)

Probably you had less than 10 posts when you first tried it. :wink:

Probably you had less than 10 posts when you first tried it. :wink:

It is not really that, but it is related to it. admDaggett's latest post before the one in this thread was in 2007, and since then we added the I'm New rank below the Vassal one. Every old member who did not post since the change had the same restrictions of the I'm New group by default, and only after he posted once he was rightfully moved to the 'new' Vassal group.

The title kinda says it all. I tried to view somones profile who I thought I had met before, and I couldn't view his profile, I can't even view my own, and I also can't PM. is there a reason for this, or is this just a glitch?

The title kinda says it all. I tried to view somones profile who I thought I had met before, and I couldn't view his profile, I can't even view my own, and I also can't PM. is there a reason for this, or is this just a glitch?

You're a new member. Once you get ten posts (I believe), you should be able to do these things.

Reason being is because we've had several people join, and then spam people via PM.

Yay! I'm almost there! how much longer will I be a Vassal? what does vassal even mean? The not viewing profile things mostly sucks mostly because a very nice person added me to there friends list, and I can't befriend them back! what about private mesages? will I be able to send those?

Yay! I'm almost there! how much longer will I be a Vassal? what does vassal even mean? The not viewing profile things mostly sucks mostly because a very nice person added me to there friends list, and I can't befriend them back! what about private mesages? will I be able to send those?

It's all explained here about Vassals and other groups default_classic.gif, and yes you will be able to send PM's when you reach 10+ posts.

Dear all, sorry but I need some help. Even if I'm a registered user, when I click on My Profile to edit it, cames out an error message #10245 that says that I can't watch members profiles. Why? I've to do something? maybe I'm not "completed" registered?

I also saw that my topics are labelled with a 1x1 brick with hole and not with a standard 1x1 brick, this and the problem above are related?

I've tried to read in the help topics but I can't find answers. Please help me.

Many thanks to everyone!

The first issue is to prevent spam users. A number of features are disabled to members who have not yet reached a post count of 10, including profile views and Private Messaging.

The second issue is not really an issue at all. The different bricks are the "Read States" of the thread. A 1x1 blue brick means its a generic topic, 1x1 red means its a hot topic (14+ replies), and a 1x1 purple brick means that there is a poll included in the topic. Any brick with the hole in it (a 1x1 Technic brick) means that it is a topic that you've posted in. You've posted in any topic you start, which is why this one has a 1x1 Technic brick.

You need to be a Vassal (i.e., get to 10 posts) to be allowed to use that option.

As for the 'brick with hole' topic, each topic you post in (and not only those you started) should have that icon.

EDIT - I see Ricecracker posted the same info while I was writing :laugh:

The first issue is to prevent spam users. A number of features are disabled to members who have not yet reached a post count of 10, including profile views and Private Messaging.

The second issue is not really an issue at all. The different bricks are the "Read States" of the thread. A 1x1 blue brick means its a generic topic, 1x1 red means its a hot topic (14+ replies), and a 1x1 purple brick means that there is a poll included in the topic. Any brick with the hole in it (a 1x1 Technic brick) means that it is a topic that you've posted in. You've posted in any topic you start, which is why this one has a 1x1 Technic brick.

OK ! many thanks for the reply!

Bye

Teazza

Why can not I view profiles? "It's like something to do with the fact that I'm new and I have a little message? Maybe something I do not know just (as I said) I'm new.

You have to have 10 posts first before you could view member profiles and use the PM system. :classic:

I believe this has been asked for the nth time in the forums, new members should really be encouraged to read the member guidelines and user groups and tags to guide them.

Thanks Rick and KielDaMan for helping our fellow new Eurobricks member in his enquiry.

Please continue in this topic if you happens to have any further questions. Thanks.

Topic locked.

I don't mean to be a bother, but I need some help. Firstly, I am unable to view my (or anyone else's) proflile. It's not that bad, but It's just that I think that I should be able to. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Also, can anyone tell me what these terms mean? Thanks:

LUG, MOD, IMO, PAB.

Edited by Gregorovich

tag_member_vassal.gif

"I'm New!" is the rank that everyone starts at. Standing orders states that everyone is helpful to the newcomers! However due to the evil invaders from the land of SpamBoticous many restrictions are imposed on this group; for example signature editing, sending PMs and viewing of profiles. But fear not; make ten good posts and the nightmare will be soon over.

Max. total upload file space: 100 KB

Max. number of stored PMs: Disabled

Explained above. You cannot view profiles until you have achieved 10 posts.

IMO: In My Opinion

MOD: Moderator or My Own Design

LUG: Lego User Group

PAB: Pick A Brick

Hope that helps you. :thumbup:

Explained above. You cannot view profiles until you have achieved 10 posts.

IMO: In My Opinion

MOD: Moderator or My Own Design

LUG: Lego User Group

PAB: Pick A Brick

Hope that helps you. :thumbup:

Yes, it does help a great deal! Thank you. :sweet: