Sign in to follow this  
Gioppa

Why Can't I View Member Profiles?

I think this should be added to a message that all new users get, these threads are almost weekly.

I think this should be added to a message that all new users get, these threads are almost weekly.

I'm new also and was getting that message but after posting a few times it stoped.

I'm new also and was getting that message but after posting a few times it stoped.

Correct, you can not view profiles until you have ten posts, because then you are moved out of the "I'm new" group.

I was suggesting that when registering, new members should have to, (and I think they might already have to read over the rules), read a welcome message covering a bunch of common questions and in that initial message this profile topic should be mentioned.

Hi. I'm pretty new member of this forum.

I can't se others profile - even my own either? I tried to search but couldn't find anything. If else, then correct me.

Someone want to help me, please? :blush:

Leg Godt

Martin Nygaard

I was suggesting that when registering, new members should have to, (and I think they might already have to read over the rules), read a welcome message covering a bunch of common questions and in that initial message this profile topic should be mentioned.

I can look into it, but I'm not convinced it'll make any difference. There's a lot mentioned already when people sign up and it's mostly ignored, and adding more will just make people less likely to read it at all.

(It is mentioned in the rank topic.)

Maybe you should add a note about the disabled profile viewing for newbies in the groups and ranks topic.

Yeah I will, but it won't stop the questions.

Told ya so. :grin:

Good point, at least we'll always have you to merge the threads in a merge-a-thon.

The same thing happened to me.

I suppose you needed a reason for your tenth post but really? Why post when you know the answer. It's always going to happen to anyone with less than ten posts. *huh*

Does anyone know why we can't view other member's profiles?

When I do click on them Eurobricks says that I'm not permitted, even when I try to look at my own! I don't know why this feature isn't allowed.

Just curious.

The topic that addresses exactly your question still has not disappeared from the first page in the 'Website & Forums' forum. A little research before starting a new topic doesn't hurt. :wink:

Does anyone know why we can't view other member's profiles?

Have you tried again since posting this? :wink:

Have you tried again since posting this? :wink:

Oh, it works. I must be some kind of a moron. Now I need to find a way to delete this topic...

Oh, it works. I must be some kind of a moron. Now I need to find a way to delete this topic...

It works now because you have reached a post count of 10. :wink: Deleting topics is something only staff can do, but the policy is not to delete or lock any topics. Maybe it will be merged into the topic I linked earlier.

I truthfully didn't know that. Sorry for the trouble.

I think what they were trying to say is it's usually helpful to search for you question as it has likely been asked before, and then we don't get duplicate threads. :wink: