Oky

Community Build: SW Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Hey, LDD is allowed, right? I'll give this a go!

Wait - you need an excuse to build with LEGO? :tongue:

Well that's what you tell your partner :tongue: . 'I really have to contribute to the CB' you say. Now your committed and need to build and will be banned if your not :laugh: .

Put me in for the vignette, shield generator, and Booma cart to go with DN's entry. Although I have a question. If we both build the entry, should we post the entry twice, once in a thread by him, and once by me, or should we just post it in one thread, each of us posting our own part and then one of us posting the entire vig?

I'll join this one, as TPM(along with EBS) is my favourite SW movie.

I am thinking about a Mos Espa scene, also the Trade Federation command ship bridge. Speaking of TPM, today I found something that surprised me, if you remember the Lightsaber duel set from 1999, there was an odd shaped moisture vaporator included in the set. Well the picture I found shows the real thing it is based on:

pumpkin-shot.gif

comparison:

7101_box.jpg

Put me in for the vignette, shield generator, and Booma cart to go with DN's entry. Although I have a question. If we both build the entry, should we post the entry twice, once in a thread by him, and once by me, or should we just post it in one thread, each of us posting our own part and then one of us posting the entire vig?

No, no duplicate threads please. I'd suggest that each of you post an entry thread with a picture showing the part of the scene which you built yourself, and then provide a bonus image of the two combined entries.

Speaking of TPM, today I found something that surprised me, if you remember the Lightsaber duel set from 1999, there was an odd shaped moisture vaporator included in the set. Well the picture I found shows the real thing it is based on:

You were surprised that it was based on something from the movie? :wacko:

You were surprised that it was based on something from the movie? :wacko:

Well, we still don't know what this thing is... :laugh:

In any case, Artizan, I congratulate you on this nice find. However, the page that image is taken from claims that the vaporator featured in Star Wars Insider 36 - it may never have featured in the movie. Perhaps the unidentified tan thing in the above link is lurking in a fan magazine as well... but I digress.

You were surprised that it was based on something from the movie?

yeah actually, I always thought Lego threw that thing which hardly resembles some vaporator, but I didnt think it was based on anything. It is pretty accurate actually.

Well, we still don't know what this thing is...

Well that will remain a mystery for now, but when I was a kid(1999) I always assumed it was meant to be this from the TPM video game(which was never seen in the movie):

Trade_Federation_maintenance_droid.jpg

In any case, Artizan, I congratulate you on this nice find. However, the page that image is taken from claims that the vaporator featured in Star Wars Insider 36 - it may never have featured in the movie. Perhaps the unidentified tan thing in the above link is lurking in a fan magazine as well... but I digress.

"This thing" seems to be some of maintainance/refuling device. It was in the movie.

The vaporator was in the movie too.

Edit: Pics removed.

Pics here.

Edited by Legoman273

Beat at my own game, I see. :laugh: Then again, I don't read into the Prequels nearly as much as I do the Original Trilogy (R3-T6 was where?). :tongue:

That really is an interesting find - though I'm more curious about that red tanklike vehicle in the background of Mos Espa.

You may want to edit those pictures out of your post, though - the uploader specifically requests on the page that the pictures not be hotlinked, and it would be a shame if these screencaps were to be removed.

Edited by Fallenangel

Beat at my own game, I see. :laugh: Then again, I don't read into the Prequels nearly as much as I do the Original Trilogy (R3-T6 was where?). :tongue:

That really is an interesting find - though I'm more curious about that red tanklike vehicle in the background of Mos Espa.

You may want to edit those pictures out of your post, though - the uploader specifically requests on the page that the pictures not be hotlinked, and it would be a shame if these screencaps were to be removed.

It would. I will provide a link to the pics.

Post edited.

There is no info about it on Wookipedia. :wacko:

Here we are:

find1.png

find2.png

How did you deeplink these pics?