Sign in to follow this  
Nom Carver

Scaled-down X-wing

gallery_101_23_281.gif

i built this x wing with the best i could get from the original design and the new ones, it is about the same size the original to be easy to handle and the wings unfold with click hinges, it also has the new color scheme and its exterior slicknes,is very sturdy and has a retractable landing gear, it's simple and fits with my colection, not to big, not to small.

over here is very hard to get some lego, and this is as much i could do from the 4502 X-Wing and scrap

http://www.flickr.co...57629117220039/

oh! and sorry for the link i dont know how to set the images, i could use some help, thanks

6796732391_a6cb148cee.jpg

P310112_11.54_[01] por Nom Carver, en Flickr

6797721471_6b2eb5c464.jpg

P310112_13.37 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

6796735795_b5f89a3694.jpg

P310112_11.56_[02] por Nom Carver, en Flickr

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

Quite good on it's own right, let alone being made from "scraps." Well done.

Quite good indeed, but I would try to increase the length of the laser cannons for sure, it would make your X-wing way more accurate. :classic:

I agree with Hollander. Make the laser cannons longer. This is very nice! To set images, go to the photo you want, click "Share", click on BBCode, and copy and paste it into your reply or topic.

let's see....thanks a lot JackJonespaw!!!

and thanks for your comentaries

Edited by Nom Carver

Nice redo on the x-wing Nom Carver. I like the colour scheme.

Just wait until fallenangle looks at it and he will let you know what to change. I'm sure that he will have something to comment on :wink: .

Edited by wokajablocka

Nice redo on the x-wing Nom Carver. I like the colour scheme.

Just wait until fallenangle looks at it and he will let you know what to change. I'm sure that he will have something to comment on :wink: .

DITTO

Well apart from the length of the cannons already mentioned, it looks good Nom Carver, to say it's mainly scrap it looks great.

Looks good. It looks more in tune with the aesthetics of the minifigure. I think sometimes we get caught up with making the vehicles very realistic when the minifigures are very stylized. Why not stylize the vehicles as well? I think not having any mechanism to open and close the wings makes it look nicer overall. Less cluttered. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

I would totally buy that if it was Lego set. :classic:

Edited by sharky

thanks to all, and yes, that's the idea, to make it simplier, in stile with the minifigs, more like the old school

Excellent creation 'Nom Carver', I do agree though with many other members.....laser cannons are too short. :classic:

Still it's a good solid build, Brick On 'Nom Carver' ! :classic:

Looks good. It looks more in tune with the aesthetics of the minifigure. I think sometimes we get caught up with making the vehicles very realistic when the minifigures are very stylized. Why not stylize the vehicles as well?

The vehicles are stylized enough as it is, being built in LEGO. Even creations like Jerrec's A-wing have things like studs and places where parts don't perfectly line up that, when comparing the creation with something like an SMT kit, give the former a LEGO-like feel. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's always there.

Thanks for all your comments and positive criticism, I will try to make the proper changes as soon as I can get some usefull pieces from the new x wing