Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

Modified Great Vehicles

indexed.gif V-LV-55E

G'day everyone, a tease shot I took tonight of my latest little modified set.

6788723915_2419a4ceb9_b.jpg

A modified 4434 dump truck, shorter tipper tray with a tool box filling the gap.

There are more modified Great Vehicles plus a few MOC's to go with them coming over the next few months so keep on watching everyone ! :wink:

Edited by Phred

I modded the Garbage Truck to give Joe the Garbageman a safer way to hold on to the truck.

IMAG0546.jpg

Thanks for the comments 'JackJonespaw' and your garbo (Aussie for garbage collector) looks happy in his job 'bootz' ! :laugh:

Yes, the tipper still works the way it did before.

Now, what's being planned....an accident rescue vehicle with paramedics, a paramedic response transport, some MOC support buildings....depots, workshops and even more to attach to the Great Vehicles series and perhaps older sets too ! :wink:

There be no stopping the tiger....except if money runs low which is likely ! :blush:

Keep on watching ! :wink:

indexed.gif V-LF-8B

Next modified Great Vehicle is the ambulance, converted into a road accident rescue van.

6811337415_ff58324aa5_b.jpg

What's inside you might ask ?

6811337681_1766cee88c_b.jpg

Floodlight and Jaws-Of-Life unit.

6811337947_f90a9e65d4_b.jpg

The design of the Jaws-Of-Life is similar to the chain saw from the forest fire series of this year.

6811338103_b3ddb7ed91_b.jpg6811338281_527f3875f4_b.jpg

Oh, you can also see other rescue equipment in the back of the van as the floodlight is being reloaded.

Comments are very welcome, more to come so keep on watching ! :classic:

Very nice! Better than the origonal!

Thanks 'Jack', though I still feel an ambulance is needed to transport victims of accidents though I see your point but that's what us AFOLs are for - to improve on what has been designed by Lego. :wink:

I love that mobile lighting unit. The jaws unit is also really clever bricking

Thanks 'kotaco', I draw inspiration from real life TV Doco's on rescues plus from my favourite TV show as a kid.....Emergency !

Perhaps, one day I'll build a Squad 51 with John and Roy as it's crew. :classic:

Plans are on the drawing board for a 4x4 dealership, plus perhaps some different vehicles based around the Great Vehicles....among other ideas I have cooking in my twisted brain ! :laugh:

Keep watching the town forum in the next few days for my next creation. :classic:

All cars are great (best is the floodlight

Thanks 'sebik', the floodlight took only five minutes to design...piece of cake and the folding legs allow it to fit in the back of the rescue van. :classic: