Henning Birkeland

The firetruck "Red" from Pixar's "Cars"

I love the Ultimate build sets of Lightning McQueen and Mater so I wanted to extend the collection with my own version of the firetruck "Red".

From Wikipedia: Red (voiced by Joe Ranft) is a mid-1960s closed-cab pumper bearing Carburetor County license plate "002." He is shy and emotional, often bursting into tears and/or hiding whenever he is upset. He spends most of his time gardening and washing things, such as the statue of Stanley next to his fire station.

1327777889m_DISPLAY.jpg

1327777919m_DISPLAY.jpg

The ladder can of course be both extended and turned:

1327777946m_DISPLAY.jpg

A close up image of the Bell:

1327777931m_DISPLAY.jpg

Here's a image of the firetruck together with his friends (Lightning McQueen and Mater).

1327777969m_DISPLAY.jpg

I hope you all like it :)

I'm allready started on the policecar from "Cars" so more to come ....

Absolutely stunning and beautiful - love the mouth and eyes!

Makes me want to build one for my son right away.

Maybe I should have stocked on red parts, probably don't have enough...yet!

Frank

Edited by homoludens

Seriously your "Red" puts the official LEGO sets to shame... amazing job on the detailing and congrats on the frontpage!

This is very nice! If this was an official Lego model, however, the eyes would be stickered. I still love how they look like he's about to burst into tears! The detail on this is marvelous!

That is sweet. If you want to share the instructions that would be awesome :wink: :wink:

I would love to add that to my CARS collection. :thumbup:

Absolutely brilliant and special note to the eyes. Where all the cars sets rely on printed parts and stickers you have captured the character through excellent part selection and design. Be interesting to see yourself or someone take on Lightning and Mater because whilst the matchbox size cars are excellent the ultimate builds definitely don't share the same quality

Great build!

A funny linguistic twist with Red for a Swede is, that

Rädd (pronounced just as Red in Eglish) means afraid.

Suitable indeed. :tongue:

Honestly, I like it better than LEGO's official models.. if only because you captured the character perfectly without use of printed parts.. especially the mouth!

Brilliant build; the details are fantastic.

I love the mouth; it is soooo realistic.

The 3 'cars' go together like fish and chips.

Totally AWESOME creation ' Henning Birkeland ', beautiful work recreating "Red".....Brick On Race On ' Henning Birkeland ' ! :excited:

Thanks for all the nice comments.

As I promised you before, here is the Sheriff is a 1949 Mercury Police Cruiser

1329896294m_SPLASH.jpg

Sideview:

1329896295m_SPLASH.jpg

Here is Sheriff together with "red" postet earlier:

1329896296m_SPLASH.jpg

Here's a image of the Sheriff together with his friends (Red, Lightning McQueen and Mater).

1329896297m_SPLASH.jpg

Edited by Henning Birkeland

Beautiful, I'd argue that Sheriff is even better than Red. I wish I could try and make this for my kids but I know I am definitely missing a lot of the parts and its just looks so dense. So much work must have gone into this. Well done, great talent.

wow... really cool, what a series! OK, so I have 2 requests:

- Would you have a view from the back of the Police car?

- Do you think you could do McQueen? The official version is definitely out of place next to yours.

Lovely expression and great details all over. :laugh::thumbup: What's that white ring inside Red's tires? Can't seem to recall it.

Edited by -zenn

They're both absolutely gorgeous. They really capture the small-town spirit of the film as well (something totally absent in Cars 2 and most of the Lego sets). I've got an Ultimate Francesco sitting under my desk that I picked up on special a few months back that I still haven't got around to building. These make me want to do it even less, he just won't compare!

I hope you do more.

Wow! These are both absolutely first class, and your design is so much better than the Lego Red. Could you please post more photos? I would love to copy the Red for my 2 year old. Cars is such a tough franchise, children who like it are generally young, and curious and destructive enough to make short work of any MOC! Are you thinking of building a Hudson? He is my son`s favourite character, but there is no model in the Lego range, only Duplo.

By the way, he loved your DeLorean too! We just saw BTTF3 this week and I think he remembered it.

:classic: