Mariann Asanuma

REVIEW: 4625 Pink Brick Box

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

So I was at the LEGO store last week and I found this little gem a of a set. :wub:

6779227611_63237009df.jpg

Set Name: Pink Brick Box

Set Number: 4625

Number of Elements: 224

Price: $14.99 USD

I am not a girly girl, but even I was excited by the great colors and parts in this fun set. If for some reason you are not into the Friends sets (although I can't see why you would be :laugh: ), this is a good alternative to get at least the new lavender colored plates.

It comes with 3 bags, a 6x12 green plate, the new orange brick separator, and an exclusive minifig

6779228445_07a3c633e1.jpg

Small bag

6779229331_c65715504d.jpg

Medium bag

6779230111_751d7da812.jpg

Big bag

6779230887_f6109c7e4d.jpg

Exclusive Minifig -- I have to admit, this is one of the reasons I got the whole tub :blush:

6779226169_59af8cecbe.jpg

She even has back printing

6779227015_22377fe16e.jpg

I had a bit of fun with the bricks and came up with this scene -- and no there are not inverted magenta slopes, I just turned part of the heart upside-down

6779224455_85a15e471f.jpg

This was my first chance to use the new brick separator. Although I find that many of the new changes are useful, I like the thicker body of the original, this one is almost too thin to be a great tool.

Overall rating: 9 out of 10

It is currently available, at least in the US on LEGO.com

Final thoughts:

It has a great price point, awesome parts, the new brick separator, and a very cool minifig! :thumbup:

As I think back to previous pink tubs, I find I really like this one. The fact that there were very few "normal" colors and a whole bunch of the rarer ones really made me love this set. I am seriously tempted to buy a few more of this set if just for the color assortment. :wub:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed!

Looks like an awesome assortment of parts, and I just have to get hold of that minifigure! It looks like a Dark Purple torso but I can't tell.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Looks like an awesome assortment of parts, and I just have to get hold of that minifigure! It looks like a Dark Purple torso but I can't tell.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Yes, its a dark purple torso. :grin:

Good part selection, very attractive minifig :blush: , great colors and a store case for 15 dollars, give me 10¡

Maybe not 10 but at least 1. :tongue:

Ooh, very nice! I might have to pick up a couple if i can find them. :sweet:

I picked this up the other day... it's a great box! I wanted more colors to complement my Friends sets (not typically a pink person). The purple minifig didn't hurt matters. :) I was also thinking of picking up another one!

Mariann Asanuma, thanks for the review. I've seen the set in an on-line store, and as I recently bought the previous pink bucket (5560), I was considering getting this one, too. It's definitely a good way to get some more unique colours, and the torso is just beautiful. Somehow, I didn't notice it before, and it looks very special. Since I plan on getting some Friends, when they're available, this set looks as a nice complement to get more of the new colours.

I'm also considering to buy the whole box, but I'll at least get the gorgeous minifig from Bricklink in any case. I'm not sure what I'd do with the rest of the pieces...

Thanks for reviewing the set!

Thanks for the review!

I'm also very tempted to get this set, mostly to get the minifig (still a bit too expensive on Bricklink) but I can imagine some uses for the rare colours too.

Such lovely colors in this Brick Box! And the new torso is nice too. I usually don't buy Brick Boxes, but will probably get this one. Thanks to your review! :classic:

Theres a special offer until April 22 2012 in Toys R Us in the UK where if you spend £50 on Lego instore or online they will throw in a free 4625 or 4626 brick box, if anybody fancies a free box.