Sign in to follow this  
Rufus

The Curse of IMHOTEP - Day Five

How's this for evidence? There's someone here claiming Virgin who doesn't know that Virgins are also considered Innocent. Why's that? Because he's really a Cultist.

I'm a virgin, so logically I'm not "innocent".

Really? Fascinating. :look:

Vote: Hans Gubernaculum (Bob)

How's this for evidence? There's someone here claiming Virgin who doesn't know that Virgins are also considered Innocent. Why's that? Because he's really a Cultist.

Really? Fascinating. :look:

I've nothing against you evidence-wise, other than your investigator is faulty/lying to you. I'm asking you not to immediately trust William. Anything can be made up, watch.

I'm a cultist, Bob! But don't tell anyone, bwahahaha!

See, look, William just told me he was a cultist. I'm telling the truth, because why would I pull evidence out of thin air? I'm not going to vote for William, though, because I believe he's not a cultist and is just being lied to. Irregardless, I'm not expecting to be saved, since I'm already a suspect on several lists.

Doesn't matter what any investigator says. Every Virgin is an Innocent.

And I remember Betty pulling the same kind of message altering crap yesterday. How did that turn out again? Oh yeah, she was a Cultist.

I'm saying that your investigator might be lying to you about these results.

Wahahahaha I'm a dirty cultist bwhahaaa!11!1111!!!!1

You're out of control William!

I've nothing against you evidence-wise, other than your investigator is faulty/lying to you. I'm asking you not to immediately trust William. Anything can be made up, watch.

I'm a cultist, Bob! But don't tell anyone, bwahahaha!

See, look, William just told me he was a cultist. I'm telling the truth, because why would I pull evidence out of thin air? I'm not going to vote for William, though, because I believe he's not a cultist and is just being lied to. Irregardless, I'm not expecting to be saved, since I'm already a suspect on several lists.

Doesn't matter what any investigator says. Every Virgin is an Innocent.

And I remember Betty pulling the same kind of message altering crap yesterday. How did that turn out again? Oh yeah, she was a Cultist.

Why in this freakin' goddamned desert would someone declare he's a Cultist out of nowhere?!? :wacko: It doesn't make sense for anyone to pull off such a thing, moreso by a person of William's caliber.

If this is your defense for the accusations thrown against you Hans it reminds me of one I've read in my favorite books which is considered 'as strong as a wet toilet paper'. And you still haven't explained the list you posted a few days back without backing much evidence against your suspects. And suspecting them for being silent and flying off the radar? How ironic and insulting coming from someone who's active as a sleeping sloth himself. :sceptic: I knew you claimed Virgin privately, and I would've agreed to at least give you chance for verification, but pulling off a similar dumbfounding move like what your fellow Cultist Betty Swallocks did? megablock Cultist. :hmpf_bad:

Alright, since you'd all like a defense, I'll give you one. Yes, I am a virgin. And yes, I realize that anyone can say this, but I'm asking you all to trust me. There's no real reason for you to trust me, which is why I'm going to say this next part. If you do vote me off, make sure you look at William's "investigator".

After talking with several other people, I was approached by William not so long ago, and he told me that there were troubling results and I was found to be "not innocent". Now, I don't necessarily think that William is a cultist anymore, mostly because he's inherited Mehmet's responsibilities as the night action assembly point. However, I think he's being severely misled by someone, because there's no reason why I should turn up as Not Innocent.

Also, keep in mind that I did not get the result of "Cultist". I know it's a bit cliche to be saying this, but you'll be shooting yourself in the foot if you vote off another virgin, because that's one less that the cultists need to worry about. I didn't realize that virgins weren't different than the innocents, I figured that the innocents (the ones in green) are the ones with actions, the virgins (the ones in blue) are the ones with no actions, and the cultists (the ones in red) are the ones that are bad. Which is why when William asked me why I came up with the result of "Not Innocent" I figured that it should mean that I was declared a Virgin, since it was my belief that these two factions were different but at the same time working together and were part of a team. I can see now that I was wrong.

You might also consider what I did with the reversal of role PM's to be a bit scummy, and you're right, it wasn't a smart thing to do. I was exemplifying how easy it was to make things up, but it got out of control a bit.

And you still haven't explained the list you posted a few days back without backing much evidence against your suspects. And suspecting them for being silent and flying off the radar? How ironic and insulting coming from someone who's active as a sleeping sloth himself. :sceptic:

I'd hardly consider myself a sloth. I check and read the day thread regularly, but there's nothing interesting or useful to add to the discussion. I don't have anything useful to bring to the table because I have no actions and as a result I can't do anything. If you would prefer me to parrot and repeat the same things that have been said already, by all means I will. However, if I do that, I'll be ultimately called out for not adding anything useful to the discussion. Thus, damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

I'm asking you not to vote me off. There's nothing more I could possibly say other than that. With such a perfect streak I'm sure you're all in a bandwagon high, and thus won't think logically or clearly about this. It's for that reason that I said this: When I am found to be a Virgin tomorrow, check William's Investigator. You'll find that this investigator is not telling the truth. Either the investigator is doing this deliberately or is an inept investigator I don't know.

Please reconsider this vote. Even if this is my final day, please heed my last request and check William's Investigator.

I didn't realize that virgins weren't different than the innocents, I figured that the innocents (the ones in green) are the ones with actions, the virgins (the ones in blue) are the ones with no actions, and the cultists (the ones in red) are the ones that are bad. Which is why when William asked me why I came up with the result of "Not Innocent" I figured that it should mean that I was declared a Virgin, since it was my belief that these two factions were different but at the same time working together and were part of a team. I can see now that I was wrong.

If you were really a Virgin you would know that they aren't different than Innocents. All the real virgins know this (they were told this at the beginning of this thing). I've talked to a few. The only reason you don't know it is because you're scum. I believe there was a play about an unfortunate werewolf who made a very similar mistake.

If you were really a Virgin you would know that they aren't different than Innocents. All the real virgins know this (they were told this at the beginning of this thing). I've talked to a few. The only reason you don't know it is because you're scum. I believe there was a play about an unfortunate werewolf who made a very similar mistake.

I can see now where I was informed of this, but I realize that it's probably too late for me to remedy my blind ineptitude. I'm asking people to please reconsider, I'm not a scummy cultist. I understand that I've probably condemned myself already, but I can at least fight and try to save myself. I'm not a cultist, I'm a virgin. Please don't waste your day on me, because then you'll be down a day.

I can see now where I was informed of this, but I realize that it's probably too late for me to remedy my blind ineptitude. I'm asking people to please reconsider, I'm not a scummy cultist. I understand that I've probably condemned myself already, but I can at least fight and try to save myself. I'm not a cultist, I'm a virgin. Please don't waste your day on me, because then you'll be down a day.

So you just skimmed the information and missed the several instances of brightly colored words? How frustrating for you. :tongue:

So you just skimmed the information and missed the several instances of brightly colored words? How frustrating for you. :tongue:

Well, no, I read the entire thing, but sometimes an old man like me can forget things and make hasty responses to people confronting him. This is frustrating, but even if I said I was a virgin you would have likely brought it forward anyway.

I know that Mehmet was suspect of you as well.

Here's the win condition as posted by our gracious hosts at the start of day 2:

You are an Innocent member of the group, additionally you are a Virgin and have no night action. You might wish to keep this to yourself. To achieve your freedom from the curse of IMHOTEP, and thus escape the valley, you must eliminate all the Cultists.

It's pretty clear that Virgin is a type of Innocent, and not knowing this seems pretty critical to the concept of the camp. We're all innocents regardless of whether or not we're a virgin.

That said, I might have been willing to overlook this offense and listen to your argument a little more if you hadn't responded so strangely to Mr. Fitzpatrick's accusation. Why is the first thing you try to do is make the person who's outing you look like he's insane and suggesting he's a cultist? Not everyone who accuses someone is a cultist, but a true innocent would be trying to understand how an investigator could come up with an incorrect result rather than immediately assuming the worst. If the investigator got a not-innocent result on you, and you really are an innocent, shouldn't there be a logical explanation for how that would have occurred? There are blockers and trackers and mirror cloaks and all sorts of odd things here. The best response you can come up with is that Mr. Fitzpatrick must be a cultist?

Until I hear something to convince me otherwise, I will Vote: Hans Gubernaculum (Bob)

I do not see how you could be confused about your own innocence if you are a Virgin, particularly as the word would be mentioned in your win condition. I also find your initial 'defence' to be pretty daft and it has only caused more trouble for you now that you are attempting to have a proper go at it.

The 'not Innocent' result received by our investigator (who we assume to be the more trustworthy of the two possible investigators from a few days back and I therefore am likely to believe). This could still class you as some kind of third-party, but I am sure you are lying about being a Virgin if that is the case.

Sorry if I live to regret this conviction tomorrow, but you seem like our best choice at the moment.

Alright then, I stopped going for him the beginning of the day because of his claim, while I was of course not sure about it, the words he used just make it seem less likely that he is.

Sorry, Mr. Gubernaculum, all of us real virgins knew that we're counted among the innocent as well. :wink:

I didn't realize that virgins weren't different than the innocents

This just really seals the deal for me, you're so obviously lying :laugh:

Bhah. Never happy voting for someone who claims to be a virgin. It would only take one night action to verify him. But, when one of them doesn't realise they were innocent... Vote: Hans Gubernaculum (Bob).

It seems obvious to me that he is both an idiot and scum, the fact that he was so unsure of the win condition and virgin innocence is where I can tell he has slipped up.

I'm curious about this statement, as while Hans was being questioned earlier today, Johnson wasn't. Has someone attempted to make a case against Mr. Cox that I missed?

Only privately, unless the case presented by Mellifluous of the Clan Murgatroyd was directed at Johnson Cox. Hugh Janus could tell us perhaps. :hmpf_bad: Anyway, my point was that evidence brought forward both publicly and in private against these two is not to my knowledge supported by anything but vague suspicions.

After talking with several other people, I was approached by William not so long ago, and he told me that there were troubling results and I was found to be "not innocent".

Alright then, I stopped going for him the beginning of the day because of his claim, while I was of course not sure about it, the words he used just make it seem less likely that he is.

Sorry, Mr. Gubernaculum, all of us real virgins knew that we're counted among the innocent as well. :wink:

This just really seals the deal for me, you're so obviously lying :laugh:

Bhah. Never happy voting for someone who claims to be a virgin. It would only take one night action to verify him. But, when one of them doesn't realise they were innocent... Vote: Hans Gubernaculum (Bob).

It seems obvious to me that he is both an idiot and scum, the fact that he was so unsure of the win condition and virgin innocence is where I can tell he has slipped up.

So, even though there's an investigation result on Mr Gubernaculum, all you sheep are voting for is the fact that he's confused about the wording of his virginity? :wacko: Either this is the lamest bandwagon I've ever witnessed, or the investigation result was never real to start with. Whichever is the case, this only reinforces my initial suggestion that lynching in these conditions is much too risky. If Hans is scum then I'll be happy to see him chewed and pooed by Imhotep, but there shouldn't be a need for fake investigations to get there.

Well, I suppose there's no luck in changing your opinions. I will reiterate what I have been saying. Please when I am found to be a virgin tomorrow, take a look at William's investigator. If he refuses to reveal, after knowing full well he was lied too, then look at him as well.

I made a dumb noob mistake, and it's coming back to bite me. I can't help but feel bad that my actions caused a major setback for the town. But at the very least my death will point you in a good direction.

Just to get his clear, the apparant result was "Not Innocent", correct? Seeing as virgins ARE Innocent, I think it is pretty clear he is scum. I don't suppose the investigator got a 'thought' result?

Vote Tally

Hans Gubernaculum (Bob): 9 votes (CorneliusMurdock, KielDaMan, Zepher, fhomess, ADHO, Scubacarrot, Sandy, Professor Flitwick, Eskallon)

Once again, if there are no objections, and no unvotes, we will close the day early (in 9 hours' time).

Whichever is the case, this only reinforces my initial suggestion that lynching in these conditions is much too risky.

And you consider your "No Voting Strategy" not risky? The way I see it not voting is basically giving the Cultists one free day of taking one of the Virgins tonight, and a chance to have one of their fellow Cultists survive a day before his true Cultist affiliation is revealed. Oh, there's even a chance that Hans' probable Cultist affiliation won't get verified should his Cultist buddies take out the investigator and/or virgin flavor cop tonight. Haven't those grim anti-Campie scenarios crossed your mind Mr. Nicholas? In my books, not voting is the move that is too much risky at this point. It's already a numbers game between the Campies and the Cultists from this point forward, and we cannot afford to be indecisive at this stage of our ordeal. Besides, Hans has a.) made a critical slip-up of not knowing the obvious connection of a Virgin and an Innocent (you can say all you want but it ain't a lame basis to vote someone) and b.) he already repeated the same oinky-oink-oink desperation move pulled off by Ms. Swallocks yesterday, inventing a hollow defense based on a made-up "I'm a Cultist, bwahahaha" message/counter-argument against his accuser.

It's quite a shame that I'm seeing this perplexing move and tactic from someone I've held with such high regard throughout this ordeal. If Hans do turn out to be a Cultist tomorrow, your behavior today and weird defense of him is duly noted. :wink:

Please when I am found to be a virgin tomorrow, take a look at William's investigator. If he refuses to reveal, after knowing full well he was lied too, then look at him as well.

Of course we will in case such unlikely scenario happens. No need to remind us since it's but common sense to look at the person(s) behind the wrong lynching of someone.