Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

It is a cash cow, way more popular than they imagined it would be, but they are smart enough to not oversaturate the market, too; there's a reason you get releases in themes waves of a half dozen or so sets instead of a couple of dozen new sets every few months... "collectors" would stop collecting if they couldn't keep up (that goes for any theme). It surely wouldn't bother me if they slowed down right now. At first I couldn't wait for new series, but now, with a big wall display of 112 figures, it wouldn't bother me.

For what it's worth, I think there may be a delay over the summer for the olympic CMFs.

Luckily, while I'm willing to trade for set, I'm not particularaly inspired by them, and so wouldn't lose any sleep about letting them pass.

I agree, love the minifigures but it wouldn't hurt to slow down a little perhaps 1 release a year as opposed to two.

love series 7, lots of figures you can army build with hope the next series continues with a good number of semi military types, a re-color of the space marine would be nice after all the regular space man has been re-released in three colors. some more western figures would be nice too.

I agree, love the minifigures but it wouldn't hurt to slow down a little perhaps 1 release a year as opposed to two.

love series 7, lots of figures you can army build with hope the next series continues with a good number of semi military types, a re-color of the space marine would be nice after all the regular space man has been re-released in three colors. some more western figures would be nice too.

1 release a year would mean 1/3 of the figs we are getting right now! I couldn't live like that. :tongue:

2 releases per year, however, could be a reasonable middle ground. The problem is that Lego releases too many awesome sets for the size of my wallet. :tongue:

I've heard there will not be another series of CMF now until next year. Has anyone else heard this rumour??

Perhaps they're going to slow down the release of each wave now so as not to flood the market.

When you go into some shops you can still find a small helping of series 5 next to season 6 and 7. I can imagine a lot of retailers are asking them to slow down.

Your rumour is false. Actually, the box was presented in toy fair as black and the retailers know the release date is september 2012.

INS

Well, I think let's all not get too anxious until we got a firm source. I am sure we will be able to find out more of the upcoming mysterious Series 8, after the CMF Series 7.5 aka Team GB is launched! It is not too far before the London Games commence. Until then, I appreciate that the hype is well-contained, so I won't get into any further distractions and focusing on CMF Series 6 and 7 first. But, that's just me. :blush:

heres an idea... chase figures

one in every case/carton/pallet has a pack with one all chrome minifigure. it would be very difficult to obtain and would be a nice surprise for the lucky few.

one in every case/carton/pallet has a pack with one all chrome minifigure. it would be very difficult to obtain and would be a nice surprise for the lucky few.

That would certainly add some excitement to the mix.

I don't agree for a simple reason. Lego is a toy, intended for kids. The company's initial purpose did not cover anything close to creating rare items only to create hype. This has been happening very recently, and it seems to deviate from the company's real purpose. I, for one, am against Lego making items intentionally rare.

Hmm...what about a Zues minifigure? Zues is the Greek god of the sky and wields a lightning bolt as a weapon. After all, we get Posiedeon(greek god of sea) in Series 7. Just a guess, of course......

Omega X

I've noticed something...HERE

Edit:Almost half of the minifigures in the graphics are real minifigures released. So perhaps 16 of the 'new' ones will be released in series 8?

Omega X

Edited by Omega X

Hmm...what about a Zues minifigure? Zues is the Greek god of the sky and wields a lightning bolt as a weapon. After all, we get Posiedeon(greek god of sea) in Series 7. Just a guess, of course......

Omega X

I've noticed something...HERE

Edit:Almost half of the minifigures in the graphics are real minifigures released. So perhaps 16 of the 'new' ones will be released in series 8?

Omega X

Yeah I know that guy. Btw it's spelled ZEUS non ZUES. :wink:

I still hope for a female elf.

It would really fit!

Yeah I know that guy. Btw it's spelled ZEUS non ZUES. :wink:

I still hope for a female elf.

It would really fit!

I can see that, along with some more females matching with previous male minifigs.

1 release a year would mean 1/3 of the figs we are getting right now! I couldn't live like that. :tongue:

2 releases per year, however, could be a reasonable middle ground. The problem is that Lego releases too many awesome sets for the size of my wallet. :tongue:

I certainly wouldn't mind that. I tend to have a hard time getting all the copies I want of all the figures from any given series before the series disappears from store shelves, or before it has to compete with the series after it. Heck, I'm still working on getting all the figures I want from Series 5, 6 and 7!

Back to the main topic, it's really bizarre that we don't yet have any idea about Series 8 yet. Not so long ago we knew about the figures two to three series in advance, and now we don't know about the next one at all (unless we count the Team GB minifigures, which might in fact be the reason why).

I certainly wouldn't mind that. I tend to have a hard time getting all the copies I want of all the figures from any given series before the series disappears from store shelves, or before it has to compete with the series after it. Heck, I'm still working on getting all the figures I want from Series 5, 6 and 7!

Back to the main topic, it's really bizarre that we don't yet have any idea about Series 8 yet. Not so long ago we knew about the figures two to three series in advance, and now we don't know about the next one at all (unless we count the Team GB minifigures, which might in fact be the reason why).

I don't count those gb figures. I won't believe they ACTUALLY exist until they are found in stores.

Anyone with a basic knowledge of the internet, customizing figures, and photoshop could easily fake an announcement and images.

I don't count those gb figures. I won't believe they ACTUALLY exist until they are found in stores.

Anyone with a basic knowledge of the internet, customizing figures, and photoshop could easily fake an announcement and images.

Didn't Lego recently have an official release of this series, so I'm pretty sure they are real. Unless someone at Lego was hacked.

Sure, but it'd be harder to get it onto legitimate toy / licensing industry news sites like this and this, don't you think?

It would take a LOT of work. It is highly unlikely! This kind of renderings have never been faked before.

Edited by johnnyvgoode

I would love to see some more historical figures, such as other Greek Gods or some different Roman soldiers (A banner holder :wub:)

I would also love a "space skeleton" (If you know what I mean :wink:) like what was hinted in the Agents theme, except a full skeleton.

You're joking right?

It would take a LOT of work. It is highly unlikely! This kind of renderings have never been faked before.

Getting it mentioned on the official Lego Twitter and Facebook would be pretty difficult too. They are quite definitely real.

Getting it mentioned on the official Lego Twitter and Facebook would be pretty difficult too. They are quite definitely real.

I didn't know that! Do you have the links? Bc I just looked for them and couldn't find them.

I was thinking about it while looking over my Series 7 the other day, and of how much LTG likes to re-use parts from previous CMFs...

So with that said, how about a GOLFER? The bagpiper's hat would be perfect, and all he'd need in terms of a new mold would be a club or two. And heck, even they could be brick-built if need be. Besides, we've all seen how much the CMF team loves sports figs. Thoughts?

So with that said, how about a GOLFER? The bagpiper's hat would be perfect, and all he'd need in terms of a new mold would be a club or two. And heck, even they could be brick-built if need be. Besides, we've all seen how much the CMF team loves sports figs. Thoughts?

I think that would be sweet. :classic: Only thing I'd regret is that we wouldn't get an adequate golf ball with it, but what gives.

I was thinking about it while looking over my Series 7 the other day, and of how much LTG likes to re-use parts from previous CMFs...

The one good thing about a golfer for me would be the stereotypical flat cap, also good for gangsters and working class folk. So I hope a golfer won't get the bagpiper hat/bonnet, which is too specialized IMO.

You both have your math wrong. There have been four releases per year, not two, not three - four! One every three months.

You both have your math wrong. There have been four releases per year, not two, not three - four! One every three months.

No, they're right. Three per year. Basically a January release, a May release and a September release. That's one every four months.