Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

I got six from TLG direct from the website with my last order as no-one was stocking them and they arrived today. Out of the six I got FOUR business men which I don't mind admitting left me feeling a little cheated!

My TRU only has a few packets left. The little kids really mess the boxes up. I got a Fairy and an Alien. There are a few ways to put on the skirt, and after failing with the S6 Bagpiper's skirt kilt, I was determined to put the Fairy's skirt without bending it. You can put it like it says on the pamphlet (the slit gap thingy in the center), or with the slit off the one side. I like it off to the side better.

Edited by Lightning Dragon

I got six from TLG direct from the website with my last order as no-one was stocking them and they arrived today. Out of the six I got FOUR business men which I don't mind admitting left me feeling a little cheated!

At least that can't happen to me; I orderd three and am hoping for at least one conquistador! :thumbup:

I bought three of these when I stumbled upon them in the local toy store a few hours ago. I got the Businessman, the Fairy and the Alien Empress. I'll have to say that I'm a little disappointed in the fairy - I like the wings, and I like the torso print, but I care little for the figure as whole. It just seems off to me, like it was thrown together at the last minute with little concern of aestethics. =\

The Alien Empress, on the other hand, is perfectly beautiful! I'll have to get a lot of multiples of that before it becomes a disappointment to find it. =D

Edited by Multiverse

If you don't want to get doubles, don't order any random pack from online. Just go to the store and buy it.

I order online at ebay for some previous minifigure series that is not sold at stores like series 1 to 5.

If you don't want to get doubles, don't order any random pack from online. Just go to the store and buy it.

I order online at ebay for some previous minifigure series that is not sold at stores like series 1 to 5.

I would and usually do buy them direct from a store where I can feel them, but local to where I live nobody has them. They are apparently supposed to be in Tesco, but none of the ones in my local area have any.

Thanks to S@H I finally received a few random packs. I typically go to the stores and feel the packets, but no one around stocks them yet. They have areas set up, but no figures out on the racks yet. So I took the plunge and ordered some random figures. Luckily I got 3 different figures, but I only wanted 2 of the 3. I'm not a big fan of the female Alien, unlike most others. I may have to return that one. But I did get the diver and the pirate captain. I am more excited for the captain than I thought. I think the torso might come in handy. I'll have to see how it looks intermixed with the other redcoats. I don't care about having another pirate. I care about amassing a redcoat army (traditional or non-traditional).

I can't wait for stores to stock these. I will have my fair share of conquistadors and actors before it is all said and done.

I got my full series of new friends delivered today.

One member seem to have sneaked out, but I am sure I will get that sorted.

One happy camper,

Me2

Today got nine conquistadors and six actors from TRU with the current Buy 2 Get 3rd Free promo. So even with the inflated $3.19 per piece, I only had to pay for ten of them! :laugh:

AC

Today got nine conquistadors and six actors from TRU with the current Buy 2 Get 3rd Free promo. So even with the inflated $3.19 per piece, I only had to pay for ten of them! :laugh:

AC

Same as mine. I got the Conquistador, Cowgirl, Downhill Skier and Lederhosen Guy from Toys R Us.

Where do you get this info (including superheroes)

Are you curious? Hah? :sweet:

Very, I want the minifigs and heroes so bad :cry_happy:

I have more infos about Super Heroes , but i wont tell you :vader:

I scored today. Picked through all the S8 figures my TRU had. Can't beat the B2G1 sale. Got all that I wanted pretty much. Even a few multiples for myself and gifts. Need a few more too. This is a great series with them all together. I think the evil robot is the best with the manbat second. When the first pictures were released I wasn't fond of the manbat. Pretty cool in retrospect.

71001 Minifigures Series 10 - 2,49 Euro

New gold packing

Yes! I've been telling my friends all along that S10 would be gold! :thumbup: (I hope you're right. . . :laugh: )

Yes! I've been telling my friends all along that S10 would be gold! :thumbup: (I hope you're right. . . :laugh: )

I hope that the CMFs continue for a long while and that every tenth series (so Series 10) will include a slightly larger accessory than usual like the following...

Cyclist with a bike in a different colour from any previous bike

Hospital patient in a grey manual wheelchair

Shepherd with a sheep

Drummer with mini drum kit

I hope that the CMFs continue for a long while and that every tenth series (so Series 10) will include a slightly larger accessory than usual like the following...

A lovely idea, lifeinplastic, but I suspect that larger accessories would necessitate bigger bags. If the number of minifigs per box remained the same, TLG would need larger display boxes and shipping cartons. The extra parts combined with the additional packaging and logistics costs would put the price up significantly. I wish the CMFs did come with more accessories but I don't see it happening. What I suspect is that we'll see more of the themed minifig box sets such as the beach, rock band and horror monsters we've already seen.

My local Tesco has started putting the Minifgures (along with all the other toys of that type) in a display box with a sign saying that if you want to buy any to go to customer services. I'm really annoyed. I'm presuming it's because they must be easy to pinch and maybe because they don't want people feeling through the packets, although the other day they had no problem with it. One of the Tesco guys even asked us to find the vampire bat for his son! So, has anyone else found this in Tesco? I think I'm just going to wait until October 1st and go to John Lewis to complete my collection. It's just really annoying. I am desperate for a fairy!

I found some in Tesco (At long last!) in my area, they were behind the Customer Service desk, but the lady was happy for me to have the box up on the counter to feel through the packets. Mind you in was 5am and they were quite empty, maybe she would not have been so happy if it had been mid day or some other busy time?

My local Tesco has started putting the Minifgures (along with all the other toys of that type) in a display box with a sign saying that if you want to buy any to go to customer services. I'm really annoyed. I'm presuming it's because they must be easy to pinch and maybe because they don't want people feeling through the packets, although the other day they had no problem with it. One of the Tesco guys even asked us to find the vampire bat for his son! So, has anyone else found this in Tesco? I think I'm just going to wait until October 1st and go to John Lewis to complete my collection. It's just really annoying. I am desperate for a fairy!

I think once the store has only a few left they keep them separate so you can't feel. Of course, that's not necessarily the case there, but once my local TLG store had, maybe 30 S2 minifigs left (Tesco probably had more than that though - of course they would have S8), they stuck them in their own separate containers - my guess is several of them were witches and no one wanted them! And once they got down to 5 or so S7, they went ahead and opened the packages so you could see what you would be getting (for all I know they could have done that with other series as well).

Just picked up 8 at Target:

2 Thespians

1 Santa (3rd.)

1 Pirate (4th one! :thumbdown:)

1 Alien Villainess

1 Red Cheerleader

1 Vampire Bat

1 Fairy

A little backstory: I was there buying groceries when I saw a guy about 30-ish feeling packets. We talked for a while, both feeling packets and stuff, and we found everything except a Lederhosen Guy. We felt for about 20 minutes and I finally found one. I had to get going, so I left, and gave him the Lederhosen guy (t'was the only one he needed) and waved goodbye.

Pretty fun, ^^

-Sci