Sign in to follow this  
Walter

An Adventure Brews

[pid][/pid]201C

6760343283_c11afa95ee.jpg

An Adventure Brews by Walter Boy, on Flickr

It was an evening just like any other. Drinks were served, tales were told, and good times were had. This tavern was just like any other drinking joint one would find around the port. It was nothing special.

Then, it happened. The tavern door swung open as he let himself in. The noise and ambience of the tavern was quickly halted to an abrupt stop. Legends were told of him. Tales of his adventures were often discussed. Usually these adventures involved vast treasures of immense wealth. It was indeed him... It was Captain Bananabreath, the last real Gorilla pirate of the Caribbean.

"I'm in need of a crew, for I wish to partake in an adventure of great riches and golden treasure."

The second part is coming soon! Stay tuned. :jollyroger:

That's an original story, and funny too :pir_laugh2: Even though it's a bit strange..

I like the cheeses in the windows, and you did a good job on the photography.

Well done. I'm looking forward to the next part.

The barrel stand and stonework is really nice. Your photograph is eyecandy too!

I like the story, strange indeed, but I'm curious to the next part for sure!

Awesome work! :thumbup:

I like the cheeses in the windows,

Indeed, great idea, i also like the cupboard with the barrels.

The first thing i thought when i saw this (without reading the story, great btw) was Planet of the Apes :pir_laugh2:

The gorilla captain is definitely an original idea. I like the table and chair too. Looking forward to the next installment!

Excellent beginning to a story 'Walt', great work on the interior of the tavern....but would he ask for a Banana Daiquiri ? :pir-laugh:

I shall look forward to the story contiuning.....I wonder if his ship is called Banana Boat or not ? :pir-laugh:

Looks great Walt, even though it's a bit odd.

I was curious if you wouldn't mind sharing with us how you manage the stone-work on the underside of the arch. Thanks.

Thanks everyone! I will admit this is an unusual storyline. I came up with it on a whim, and then it took around 2 weeks to build all the scenes.

I was curious if you wouldn't mind sharing with us how you manage the stone-work on the underside of the arch. Thanks.

It's rather simple actually! All I did was take a 1x1 plate and hook into the hollow bottom of the arch piece. For this scene I had about 4 1x1 plates hooked beneath a 1x6x1 arch piece.

Lego's arch pieces usually have a big enough gap beneath them to fit in studs. This allows for a good variety possibilities!

Sadly however, I think I read somewhere that the currently produced arch pieces don't fit studs beneath them anymore, which is very disappointing. :pir_bawling:

Wow, this is awesome, I am in love with that bar. The entire room has a Harry Potter feel to it. I'm not sure why, regardless I like it a lot.

The story has the allure to keep us wanting more, I hope you deliver.

Go to Classic-Pirates.com I will wait and blog all 3 together.