Sign in to follow this  
Dapper-D2

MOC LED Jawa

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Jawa

New pictures without neck and modified bandolier, which I like better. Thanks Legocrazy81!

Picture051.jpg

Picture051-2.jpg

Picture056.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Dark shots.

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

After seeing the great LED work posted by Lego Envy, Lobot, and others, I decided to have a go at it. The first thing that came to my mind was the eyes of a Jawa.

Picture007-2.jpg

So I searched images of Jawas online. I'm not sure who the artist is, but this was the main source of my inspiration.

star-wars-jawa-bobble-he_899.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

Picture009-1.jpg

Picture010-1.jpg

Some close-ups.

The face.

Picture014-1.jpg

The gun.

Picture011-1.jpg

Picture012-1.jpg

The hand.

Picture013-1.jpg

The stand.

Picture016-1.jpg

All LED wires are hidden within the model and the stand. The stand also doubles as a nice hiding spot.

Picture017-1.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Next to Yoda.

Picture027-1.jpg

Picture026-1.jpg

I hope you enjoy it EB!

Picture029-1.jpg

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

First off, poor keychain Yoda...

Jawa looks pretty good, but why does the smoke have a face? :tongue: Might want to turn that around. I think you did a really good job, but the hood just irks me for some reason. The shape just looks weird, but I don't know how you'd fix it. It's hard to get a "flowing" motion out of hard plastic, I think you got the cloak right and it falls well at his feet. Wouldn't the body be better if you used smooth sided bricks instead of those "log" bricks, or whatever they're called. Unless it was all you had as far as brown, I understand.

I really like it. I like what you did with the LED eyes. It doesn't look that big until you put it by yoda. No complaints here you did a fantastic job,Dapper. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Very nice! What's with the Vader head in the smoke? :wacko:

I believe the smoke is intended as a FUNNY. :tongue::classic:

First off, poor keychain Yoda...

I think you did a really good job, but the hood just irks me for some reason. The shape just looks weird, but I don't know how you'd fix it. It's hard to get a "flowing" motion out of hard plastic, I think you got the cloak right and it falls well at his feet.

That's how I feel. You should lower the hood...it needs to fall on the Jawa's shoulders to look like a hood.

This looks very nice. The eyes really complete the figure. I also like the compartment in the base.

Great job :thumbup:

Now THAT is just too adorable! :laugh: Love the overall design, especially the parts usage for the fingers and, of course, the light-up eyes! :thumbup: This definately has a "real set" look to it. :sweet:

That's how I feel. You should lower the hood...it needs to fall on the Jawa's shoulders to look like a hood.

After looking at it again trying to figure a way to help you with the hood, I noticed 2 things I didn't before. The Jawa has a visible neck(which he definitely shouldn't wearing a hood). I see why he has a visible neck, however. I see his bandolier gets in the way of where the folds of his hood would lay. You could at least extend the left side to make the hood rest on the shoulders. See how that looks, it may look lopsided...not sure. Maybe you could try to make a little tunnel, of sorts, in the right shoulder and pull the bandolier through, or just build the hood around the bandolier?

After looking at it again trying to figure a way to help you with the hood, I noticed 2 things I didn't before. The Jawa has a visible neck(which he definitely shouldn't wearing a hood). I see why he has a visible neck, however. I see his bandolier gets in the way of where the folds of his hood would lay. You could at least extend the left side to make the hood rest on the shoulders. See how that looks, it may look lopsided...not sure. Maybe you could try to make a little tunnel, of sorts, in the right shoulder and pull the bandolier through, or just build the hood around the bandolier?

At the time I thought it was important to have the distinction between the head and the body and you’re right the bandolier did present a problem.

Based on your feedback I’ve changed it up a bit. All comments on this are welcome. Tell me what you think?

I changed the bandolier to make it easier to manage by reducing the pouches to three and extending the thinner black belt part, thus allowing the lowering of the head. I still left a slight space though because I do want some distinction.

Picture035-1.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Edited by Dapper-D2

Hello!

Really a great sculpture! The glowing eyes are so characteristic, as they're the first thing you see of the Jawa in the movie. I could imagine a night time shot of your sculpture would also look brilliant. :classic: The smoking blaster is a nice detail, too, and the use of the log bricks does a perfect job for the robe.

Cheers,

~ Christopher

That is so cool - and cute! Very well done - and nice smoke effect from the ion blaster :thumbup:

Perhaps the neck is bit too thin? In any case this is a magnificent creation and I hope TLG will take a look at this - nudge, nudge :wink:

Nice job on this Dapper-D2, I love the glowing eyes and the smoke from the gun, and the hiding place in the base is a great idea as well :thumbup:.

Hello!

Really a great sculpture! The glowing eyes are so characteristic, as they're the first thing you see of the Jawa in the movie. I could imagine a night time shot of your sculpture would also look brilliant. :classic: The smoking blaster is a nice detail, too, and the use of the log bricks does a perfect job for the robe.

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Ya know, now that you mention it about the log bricks, I see...it adds a bit of texture.

It's looking better! It does look a lot better without so much neck.

Nice sculpture! it looks really cute. I especially love those little posable hands, and the light-up feature is great too of course!

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Nice sculpture! it looks really cute. I especially love those little posable hands, and the light-up feature is great too of course!

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks!

What a fantastic statue :thumbup: . The light-up eyes is a great touch and what would-be burglars would ever think of looking under this Jawa for car-keys and mobile phones etc. :laugh:

The log bricks do add the feel of folds in the cape but I'm surprised to read that this was a happy accident.

What a fantastic statue :thumbup: . The light-up eyes is a great touch and what would-be burglars would ever think of looking under this Jawa for car-keys and mobile phones etc. :laugh:

The log bricks do add the feel of folds in the cape but I'm surprised to read that this was a happy accident.

Thanks for the complement! Actually the log bricks were not an accident. Legocrazy81 thought I ran out of bricks, but I never corrected him because Legostein did it for me. :laugh: