lisqr

Misty Shrine

100_1371-800.jpg

Although the Mystic Isles are the most sacred place of all Avalonia, it doesn't stop Nocturnus from setting up an embassy here. We took over an old druid's shrine on one of the islands and converted it into our embassy.

The moc is inspired by this image from Avalonia's topic.

2882912_f520.jpg

The embassy from different angles.

100_1398-800.jpg100_1423-800.jpg

100_1429-800.jpg100_1430-800.jpg

Ambassador Tentaclelith

100_1383-800.jpg

One of the embassy's main job, like all embassies throughout history, is intelligence gathering, aka spying. Therefore Nocturnus's hands need to reach all of Historica, literally! That's where our ambassador's ability comes into play...

100_1421-800.jpg

The Mystic Isle is a scenic place. It's so pure, that it makes you want to taint this purity with pure evilness. It's like being the first person to walk on fresh snow.

100_1384-800.jpg

100_1385-800.jpg

100_1391-800.jpg

100_1402-800.jpg

My Brickshelf

The Mystic Isle is probably my favorite place amongst all the places covered in the four guilds intro. :thumbup: But Avalonia is my least favorite guild. :thumbdown: So I'm glad that I get this chance to build something outside Nocturnus. Hope you like it.

Edited by lisqr

Like it? I love it ! :cry_happy:

Those trees are superb and the gentle hues of blue work so well in this build, and plate stacking is a personal favourite of mine, well done !

The embassy is great, though it looks a little on the small side.

Wow this is beautiful, I really like the colors you chose for the trees. I am also curious on what the colors are. Also nice touch with the background, it really adds to the misty feeling that you're creating.

Absolutely beautiful and epic fantasy scene lisqr! :wub: The colors are very subdued and have a mystic quality. What colors are those trees?

The trees are sand blue. I used 400 sand blue 2x2 corners and a few 1x2 and 2x3.

I intended to use all blue for the surrounding environment. Bluish greys works really well with other shades of blue.

Edited by lisqr

I absolutely love this! Such a great adaption of the picture! You have picked an area that no one in Avalonia has really attempted to build, and you have setthe standard for what I hoped to see there. The use of blues, grey and white really give this a unique feel and really make it stand out. Great techniques and use of parts here too, love those trees.

Great work, one of the most original guild mocs I've seen! A damn fine embassy.

I agree with Derfel totally! That is a great representation for Nocturnus in Avalonia. In the embassy challenge, it was stated that there could be magical snow falling in the desert, etc. But, this takes the cake for me, the evil finiding its way into that serene scene is fantastic!

...beautifull ;)

your mocs are masterpieces, my nocturnian friend ;)

Wow - brilliant! Like others have said, the colors are superb. The sand blue with the light bley and white has a wonderful mystic quality to it. This is, without question, one of the most beautiful (in a great Nocturnian twisted way) designs I've ever seen. If there is anything to even remotely criticize (constructively, of course), it's that this seems more like a brilliant sculpture than an embassy. Unless all the "rooms" are inside the rock supporting the tower, it doesn't seem that there is any kind of meeting space in the structure. Regardless, I LOVE IT. Totally original and daring. Nice work.

Wow! That's beautiful. I think perhaps the word 'ethereal' applies pretty well here. Brilliant design and color scheme. Note to self: buy more sand-blue bricks!

It definitely looks like the picture!!!

Great usage of colours! it's sobre (I mean not to much variaton) but that makes it just more beautiful!

Wow - brilliant! Like others have said, the colors are superb. The sand blue with the light bley and white has a wonderful mystic quality to it. This is, without question, one of the most beautiful (in a great Nocturnian twisted way) designs I've ever seen. If there is anything to even remotely criticize (constructively, of course), it's that this seems more like a brilliant sculpture than an embassy. Unless all the "rooms" are inside the rock supporting the tower, it doesn't seem that there is any kind of meeting space in the structure. Regardless, I LOVE IT. Totally original and daring. Nice work.

That is the only thing I can think of too. The function-ability of the embassy. However, this is so cool looking, I don't think it matters. Wow! Actually, it kind of reminds me of elf land in WoW.

There are so many good embassies being created, I am intimidated!

This MOC is AMAZING. I was hoping to build something in the Enchanted Isles, and this is exactly the sort of thing I envinsioned (But had no clue how to build.) I am just blown away by how beautiful this MOC is. Gorgeous.

Wow.

I may been going far in the future, but I see this embassy as one of the finalists for this round.

Fantastic build, great concept design and beautiful matching colors for the Isles atmosphere.

Thank you for this build. :thumbup::cry_happy:

It's a beautiful landscape, but where is the embassy?

Your jokeing right. :wink:

Back to topic.

Nice and very beutiful moc. Like others have said great use of colors getting that misty feeling to it :thumbup:. And you have nicely got that evil influence to the scenery too :devil:

Great job

:laugh:

It's in the fifth dimension. Can't you see it?

Wow! I didn´t know that ABS bricks could create such an atmosphere! :classic: Really great job with that white shrine(?) and those trees!!

...see those tentacles?

Yeah. :laugh:

...see those tentacles?

Yeah. :laugh:

Anime land? :tongue:

This is a great moc, very beautiful, great use of colours and those trees are fantastic, I'd never thought of using those 'ribbed' bricks for the trunks, I do like the look of the plates for the leaves, I may have to give that a go :thumbup: