Sign in to follow this  
Brickmamba

Brickvention - SW representing

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hey all just got back from Brickvention today held at Town Hall in Melbourne.

Amazing MOC builds and setups, well worth the price of the entry ticket.

Below some pictures of SW related stuff and a link here to some more pictures from the convention - flickr

A job well done to those who participated :thumbup:

6740205635_6087440f8c_z.jpg

6740204825_9cd97989cb_z.jpg

6740375943_8d66839b1c_z.jpg

6740202079_61ba0e47b6_z.jpg

6740320511_17f5f4eb45_z.jpg

Wow, thanks for sharing those pictures! There are some great MOCs there! I wish I could be there.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks for sharing these photos Brickmamba, some excellent displays & models.

My favourite is the Hoth battle which is really well done :wub: ; it’s good to see the UCS 10178 AT-AT’s used in it, rather than the newer 8129. I know that the 10178 isn’t that popular but, in my opinion, it’s far better! The new one seems to have been built to a price, and could do with some more parts to make it look more ‘finished’. Sorry for going slightly off-topic.

WOW, some very awesome pics you took. I really like the HOTH scene too. I hope they have something like that here one day. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Very very cool, I am really impressed with AT-AT and being able to see inside as well as the entire Hoth battle is a trip.

Absolutely amazing work! I recommend clicking the link, the are some truly stunning mocs there :thumbup:

I wonder if that AT-AT is cavegod's design - with an enterior? :sweet:

Thanks for the pictures. Maybe I'm somewhat too picky now, but the surroundings (the terrain, not the vehicles) always look a little off compared to the highly detailed MOC's. Some additional detail and variation in the terrain would probably fit all the vehicles better.

Absolutely amazing work! I recommend clicking the link, the are some truly stunning mocs there :thumbup:

I wonder if that AT-AT is cavegod's design - with an enterior? :sweet:

it looks it even though it is too big for minfig scale, plus whats the big stand under it all about??

Anybody know who built it?

it looks it even though it is too big for minfig scale, plus whats the big stand under it all about??

Anybody know who built it?

I think the stand beneath the model is some sort of minifig elevator. And yes, It is too big for minifigs - at least if you consider the 22,5m height the real deal - which I do :laugh:

But, in any case I think it is very, very cool :thumbup:

Perhaps I should begin building my own - does anyone know where I can find instructions? :wink:

Every time I see pictures from a convention it's makes me crazy! I want to go to one so bad! The stuff at these conventions are beyond impressive. Great photos, by the way.

These look like some awesome creations. Thanks so much for these pics. The Hoth stuff looks great.

Thanks for the pics. There are some very impressive MOC's there. I wish I could have got down to Melbourn to see this event. I must make the trip to Canberra in a few months and not miss out on that.

Very very cool, I am really impressed with AT-AT and being able to see inside as well as the entire Hoth battle is a trip.

For sure the ATAT was the most impressive SW build at the convention, not surprisingly it won the Best SW MOC

In general would have liked to seen more SW stuff, maybe shows the SW theme is more for kids rather than AFOL's.

The convention was dominated by Town setups the most combined with rail, these were numerous and ginormous. It is also interesting to note Modular buildings seemed to be the most displayed set straight out of the box showing the popularity amongst AFOL's, I have a couple of these myself, can't wait to build em once I have the space

Looks like a pretty great convention. I have yet to make it to any of these myself. I love the giant MOCs. Thanks for the pics!