de Gothia

Albion Pottery and weaver

So, I started out with building a pottery but soon it also was o weaver incorporated in the house...An idea I got when watching some history channels, in a medevial city there was always alleys and arches between the houses...

Hope you like it and as alwas C&C much welcome!

Inspiration is from DC, Z and Mikey.

Pottery

Uisdean the potter is skilled with her hands. Her potts is well known in both Albion and Avalonia. She is still not married but all the men in Albion wants her. Her grace and frankness makes her an opposite of the women in Albion. Today she is selling one of her potts to a local woman. She is dividing about the price, something that Uisdean really dislike!

6729889313_84319f0302.jpg

6729890277_3d565a7e17.jpg

6729892471_ac545c85d6.jpg

Weaver

When Ionnain the weaver was young he saw his parents die in a terrible accident with fire. Since that day he haven´t spoke a word. He was adopted by his old grandfather who taught him how to make beautiful capes and banners. Ionnain quickly became very skilled with the fabrics and the customers flocked to his grandfathers store. Last year his beloved grandfather died and Ionnain inherit his store. Ionnain let his hair and beard grow as a tribute to his grandfather who never cut his hair. “The hair is there for a reason, why take it off??” he used to say.

Bachgennyn is Ionnains little helper who sells the capes and talks to the customers. He lives in Albion as well and loves to help out in the weaver store.

6729936023_f36d7ae026.jpg

6729937177_3fd4a62c85.jpg

6729937719_7f2ee3d5b5.jpg

6729938643_897264d3db.jpg

Combined

6729893625_21fd9bf651.jpg

6729895685_422cf98df3.jpg

wow, really awesome!!

I like how you make the smoothly combination of the 2 independent MOC's!!

That is some more great work you've done de Gothia.

I really like the grey tiles in the roof, it makes it look patched up, which is how I imagine these buildings anyway, and all the recessed windows look great.

The fact that your made two MOCs combined so seemlessly is just an added bonus.

Excellent work my fellow Avalonian 'de Gothia', mind if I copy some features for my locksmith building ? :classic:

Avalonia Forever !

nicely done de gothia! the two buildings look fabulous together and the pots from the CMF look great!

my only issue is that smoke coming from the chimney! There must be some strange winds in Albion!

Very nice, as usual. I really like the oval forestmen's shield. I can't believe how many quality MOCs you turn out so quickly.

Thanks guys! Glad to hear that you like them! The pots from CMF are great! And I really like the fact that they work with the handle from the new buckets!!

lightningtiger: Yes of course, go right ahead! How is your locksmith going?

Mikey: Hehe, if you look closely both smokes moves in the same directon, only that one is taking a curve into the "right" direction.

Mikey: Hehe, if you look closely both smokes moves in the same directon, only that one is taking a curve into the "right" direction.

Ahh I see it it now...the angle on the bottom photo is what I was going by but looking at the photos in your flickr album it is more clear!

the more I look at it the more I find I like, nice details throughout the build. Way to set the bar again de Gothia.

Are you recycling your builds by the way? I've had to recycle most mine but would love to make a small scene with a few buildings to represent my Hamlet of Circardia.

Thanks Hersbrucker! :classic:

Mikey: Thanks again! :classic: Yes, I recycle all my buildings, sorry to say. I would love to put them all in a little village, but my special parts are to rare for that... And I´m to busy building that I don´t sort my bricks after I put it down. So there is a lot of bricks and baseplates laying! :blush:

More buildings for Albion!

Interesting stories. Ionnain the weaver looks a bit like Rolli. I wonder if they are related? Nice to see the CMF pots, accessories, torsos and hair pieces get some play. I am not sure I've seen hinges used as a detail before. Nice approach to try to use some common parts a little differently.

The slightly different hieghts on the roofs of the arch over the street distract me a little, but I can see you were going for a slightly different design on each.

Speaking of the arch over the street... I swear I've seen that somewhere before!

It looks a little dirty behind the buildings there... I must hire a street sweeper for Albion.

Thanks Z!

I don´t know the relationship between Rolli and the weaver, Rolli have to clear this up! :sweet:

Yes the roof thing... It was only suppose to be in two different heights. But the tiles on the walls forced me to add an extra layer on the roof in the middle..

And the arch thing, well let´s just say that I´ve seen your buildings a couple of times! :wink:

The messy back yard is something we have to discuss on the next Albion meeting! Rats and garbage have to be taken care of in our Pearl city!

And again some great builds ! I really like the two buildings together, a really nice Albion scene. I really like that you always have nice relatively small buildings with lots of interesting details and and interesting background story. Definetely got to get myself some of those pots :classic:

These buildings go very nicely together. Lovely detail on the bannisters. A worthy addition to Albion, very well built.

Thanks for the comments! :sweet: Glad that you like it!

Doornroosje: Nowdays I really enjoy doing smaller houses as I rather fast get bored of the moc I´m doing ,many ideas pops up in my head for other mocs so I´m always keen to doing my next all the times... Something that I´m really frustrated about. I want to have the patience to larger mocs and keep the details all the time...

Now I´ve started working again after my parental leave so now days I don´t have any time with my Lego! :cry_sad:

And again, great looking buildings! Nice idea to make it a bit "modular".

Now you have so many buildings houses etc, are they all in one piece? Are doe you break them apart, so you can make new ones. Because with all of them in once piece, you could make a nice lay-out!

Thanks Ecclesiastes! :classic:

Sorry to say but all my buildings are recycled so I can build more houses! I have a great pile of grey bricks to build castles etc but for these buildings (that I´ve started building after I joined Avalonia) my brick pile is very tiny...

Great building, I love the atmosphere of it, full of activity, and that archway on the middle streat is fantastic looks very good.

Another awesome build from you, I wonder what is going to be your next build? :classic:

This is the kind of stuff I was most excited to see from you great builders! The building you all chime up with are just fantastic! This does not disappoint. I really like the arched walkway when connected. The exterior on the second building is my favorite of the two.

Thanks again guys!! :blush:

Well my next build is for Benoic. It´s a inn on the country side.

Now I realize how much time I really had when I was on parental leave! Only the foundation is done to my next moc!!

I like them both, but the Weaver is truly fabulous. I really like the overhang (there are lots of Tudor buildings in my hometown and they have that overhang), the brown and white detailing, the steps up to the door with the handrail is wonderful and I love the round detailing over the window.

I like how the two overhangs make an archway, which is a good feature - but the overhangs would work as a frontage onto a street as well. :classic:

Absolutely brilliant. :thumbup: