L@go

Loads of Town sets for sale!

Hi there!

Background story: When I emerged from my "dark ages" about four years ago I dove in very eagerly. I was very fascinated by a) BrickLink and b) all the sets I had never seen before, especially rarer sets from my own childhood. As a result, I acquired a whole lot of sets – many of them pieced together through BrickLink, and some that I bought as sets, but which I assume are copies pieced together by others; and I also bought quite a few (more or less) complete sets. Since then, my taste has turned towards newer stuff, and I've also started MOCing more, in the modern City style, which means that if I ever get the room to build a layout (we'll see) I won't be using the old sets. So now they're just occupying valuable space – and it's time to sell.

I've sorted the sets and put them in ziplock bags. They are now entirely complete, as I've bought all missing pieces via BrickLink. Some of them come with instructions, but most of them don't; some have all the correct stickers, others have some correct stickers, some have substituted stickers, and others again have no stickers at all. See the list below for details on any particular set. The bricks vary in quality – after all, they're used, but I've sorted out the worst ones, although there's probably the odd yellowed white brick – and I can't guarantee that they're entirely correct for the different time periods (i.e. plates could be with or without holes in the studs on the reverse side, clips may not have the correct thickness and so on) but what I can guarantee is that all the bricks are now present.

So we're, in most cases, talking about sets that are probably not of huge interest for collectors who like everything to be correct and in perfect condition. But it could be a good opportunity to build some rare sets – I enjoyed it hugely – and maybe these sets could be interesting as toys instead of collectors' items (after all, that's what they were made for...).

You'll find pictures of all the sets here – apart from three sets which I forgot to snap pics of: 6353, 6689, and 8835.

These are the sets I'm selling – and bear in mind that this is a mixture of copies and original sets, but as a rule the rarer sets are probably copies. Note also that the sets may be missing pieces in the pictures – don't worry, the pieces have since then been ordered, and all the sets are sold in complete condition - except for stickers and, in the case of set 6589, a baseplate that I never got when I bought the set originally.

All the sets may contain dust :)

105 - Canada Post Truck: Without instructions. The two printed white 1x6 bricks have been substituted with regular bricks.

$ 7.00

106 - UNICEF Van: Without instructions. The two printed blue 1x4x3 panels have been substituted with regular panels.

$ 5.00

107 - Canada Mail Truck: Without instructions. The two printed white 1x6 bricks have been substituted with regular bricks.

$ 8.50

697 - Building Ideas Book: Not the book itself, but the truck from page 8 and 9. Instructions available online. 130 pieces.

$ 12.50

1029 - Milk Delivery Truck: SOLD

1100 - Sky Pirates: Without instructions. Set in good condition, with rare orange inverted wedge pieces.

$ 25.00

1199 - Winning Team: SOLD

1253 - Shell Car Transporter: Without instructions. With all stickers present, in good condition.

$ 8.50

1484 - Weetabix Town House: SOLD

1489 - Mobile Car Crane: Without instructions.

$ 16.50

1490 - Town Bank: Without instructions, without stickers. Presumably a copy.

$ 35.00

1656 - Evacuation Team: Without instructions.

$ 25.00

1687 - Midnight Transport: Without instructions. I've got two of these for sale.

$ 35.00

1702 - Fire Fighter 4 x 4: SOLD

1742 - Cactus Canyon Jeep: Without instructions.

$ 8.50

1775 – Jet: Without instructions. Stickered black hinge panel substituted with a printed yellow version, see picture.

$ 35.00

1791 - Windsurfer & Van: Without instructions.

$ 12.50

1792 - Pleasure Cruiser: SOLD

1817 - Sea Plane with Hut and Boat: Without instructions, but with all stickers present.

$ 22.00

1818 - Aircraft and Ground Support Equipment: Without instructions. One tail piece has sticker on left side, one has sticker on right side, two pieces don't have stickers at all (4 stickers missing in total).

$ 30.00

1831 - Maersk Line Container Lorry: NOTE: This is a copy built with red bricks instead of the Maersk blue ones. Without instructions, without stickers.

$ 13.50

1854 - VELUX House: SOLD

1896 - Trauma Team: SOLD

1952 - Dairy Tanker: SOLD

1966 - Car Repair Shop: SOLD

2140 - ANWB Roadside Assistance: Without instructions. Missing stickers on doors, on one 1x2 panel, and on the 1x2 brick. Rest of stickers present.

$ 75.00

2148 - LEGO Truck: SOLD

2149 - Color Line Container Lorry: Without instructions, without stickers. Presumably a copy.

$ 13.50

2531 - Rescue Helicopter and Jeep: Without instructions.

$ 15.00

3314 - Stadium Security: Without instructions, but with all stickers present.

$ 23.50

3438 - McDonald's Restaurant: Without instructions. Missing torso sticker and big McDonald's sticker. Rest of stickers present.

$ 35.00

3442 - Legoland California Truck: Without instructions, but with all stickers present, except the extra sticker that doesn't go on the truck.

$ 25.00

5935 - Island Hopper: Without instructions.

$ 20.00

6338 - Hurricane Harbor: Without instructions. Missing sticker on 1x2 panel. Rest of stickers present.

$ 50.00

6353 - Coastal Cutter: With instructions and all stickers present. Original set in good condition.

$ 15.00

6354 - Pursuit Squad: With instructions. Original set in good condition.

$ 7.50

6360 - Weekend Cottage: SOLD

6365 - Summer Cottage: SOLD

6370 - Weekend Home: SOLD

6376 - Breezeway Cafe: SOLD

6379 - Riding Stable: SOLD

6380 - Emergency Treatment Center: SOLD

6387 - Coastal Rescue Base: With instructions. Original set in good condition.

$ 60.00

6393 - Big Rig Truck Stop: SOLD

6394 - Metro Park & Service Tower: SOLD

6411 - Sand Dollar Cafe: SOLD

6414 - Dolphin Point: SOLD

6416 - Poolside Paradise: SOLD

6444 - Outback Airstrip: SOLD

6482 - Rescue Helicopter: Without instructions. All electric pieces, including lights and siren, are working perfectly.

$ 35.00

6540 - Pier Police: Without instructions. Window glass pieces have striped stickers, but not with the correct number of stripes.

$ 40.00

6542 - Launch & Load Seaport: With instructions and all stickers present. Stickers in good condition. Original set.

$ 170.00

6543 - Sail N' Fly Marina: SOLD

6552 - Rocky River Retreat: SOLD

6553 - Crisis News Crew: Without instructions, but with all stickers present.

$ 15.00

6556 - Scuba Squad: Without instructions, but with all stickers present.

$ 7.00

6561 - Hot Rod Club: SOLD

6563 - Gator Landing: SOLD

6571 - Flame Fighters: SOLD

6589 - Radical Racer: With instructions. Original set in good condition. NOTE: Missing the dark orange canyon baseplate.

$ 13.50

6592 - Vacation Hideaway: SOLD

6594 - Gas Transit: Without instructions, but with all stickers present. Original set in good condition.

$ 8.50

6596 - Wave Master: Without instructions, but with all stickers present.

$ 8.50

6598 - Metro PD Station: With instructions and battered box. One sticker on glass door missing, the rest are present, but some in bad shape.

$ 55.00

6615 - Eagle Stunt Flyer: Without instructions, but with all stickers present. Original set in very good condition.

$ 7.00

6633 - Family Car: Without instructions.

$ 12.00

6659 - TV Camera Crew: Without instructions.

$ 7.00

6666 – Ambulance: With instructions and all stickers present. Original set in good condition.

$ 10.00

6670 - Rescue Rig: With instructions. Original set in good condition.

$ 5.00

6672 - Safari Off-Road Vehicle: Without instructions.

$ 7.00

6689 - Post-Station: SOLD

6781 - SP-Striker: SOLD

7032 - Police 4WD and Undercover Van: Without instructions, without stickers.

$ 15.00

7214 – Waterplane: SOLD

8835 – Forklift: Without instructions. Original set in good condition, but white parts slightly yellowed.

$ 17.00

Nico Hube's Pick-up: Pickup design by Nico Hube. 58 pieces. See picture.

$ 7.00

Please note that I most likely won't be interested in selling these sets one by one, unless they're big.

If you're interested, PM me. The prices are based on BrickLink prices, but I've generally aimed a bit lower than the cheapest set for sale on BL, since quite a few of these probably are copies – and if you're interested in buying several sets, let me know and we'll work out a discount.

If you'd be interested in taking all (or most of) these sets off my hands, the discount would be very nice.

Oh, and keep in mind that I live in Norway. Could be nice for you to know, I guess.

Edited by L@go

I'm giving this a nudge just to add what might be an interesting fact:

I'll be going to the LEGO Fan Weekend in Skærbæk, Denmark the last weekend in September. So if you're interested in any of these sets and are going to Skærbæk, or know somebody who's going, I can bring the sets to Denmark - that way you'll avoid shipping costs and any customs fees.

All of the sets in the above post are still for sale, with the same opportunities for discounts if you buy several sets.

To make things a bit easier for you, here are small thumbnails of all the sets that are still for sale (taken from this folder, where you can find bigger images of them all):

forsale1.jpg

forsale2.jpg

I repeat: Although there are pieces that are clearly missing in the images, they have been replaced after I took the pictures.

EDIT: First post updated with sold sets.

Edited by L@go

Another little nudge, hopefully it won't be considered unnecessary bumping:

I'm going to the LEGO Fanwelt in Cologne, Germany in two weeks. I'll have plenty of room in my suitcase going down there, so if you're interested in any of these sets and are going to Cologne, or know somebody who's going, I can bring the sets to Germany - that way you'll avoid shipping costs and any customs fees.

I've updated the first post and the pictures in the second post with sold sets. The offer for discounts if you buy several sets, still applies.