Superkalle

Most wanted bricks for next LDD update

That number is not in BL or Peeron. *huh*

Is LEGO dumping more new numbers on us?

In this case, it's just a separate number for the individual part. TLG doesn't just tack letters onto the end of "sub-parts" or "assemblies" the way Bricklink does. They have to have separate numerical part IDs for these items. It's the same way the minifig torso-arms-hands assembly on LDD is 76382.

I can assure you that this isn't a matter of there being a new remold for that part, so there's no need to worry about that. It's just that TLG only uses the number 6246 for the complete sprue of parts, not the individual part. Not sure whether sets exist that use it as an individual part (not on a sprue) and have a unique mold for it, but if so then I doubt it's a recent phenomenon.

That number is not in BL or Peeron. *huh*

Is LEGO dumping more new numbers on us?

Adding to Aanchirs comment:

BL-users are actually slowly updating all of BL:s old numbers to the new ones as they become known, so in the future I don't think we'll see so many XXXXa, XXXXb, XXXXc etc.

Not sure if it's been noticed before, but part 476, the small boat mast piece, isn't in LDD yet, which is somewhat odd seeing as it's been around for a while and has been used as recently as 2012 (the Flying Dutchman set).

Edited by Canticleer blues

Not sure if it's been noticed before, but part 476, the small boat mast piece, isn't in LDD yet, which is somewhat odd seeing as it's been around for a while and has been used as recently as 2012 (the Flying Dutchman set).

You're correct in that it's not on LDD. However, for the benefit of the LDD team when this part is suggested to them, the actual design ID used for the one included in the Flying Dutchman (which is presumably a more current design) is 6076, according to this page.

After seeing some of the new LoTR, Marvel & DC sets it would be great to see some of the new minifig pieces and decorations from those.

More ship hulls and some sails would be useful, like the one's from the first and second Imperials and Pirate themes. Also some baseplate's to build a castle or other stuff on like the one from the Castle 6081 and others.

More ship hulls and some sails would be useful, like the one's from the first and second Imperials and Pirate themes. Also some baseplate's to build a castle or other stuff on like the one from the Castle 6081 and others.

Hi there and welcome to the forum. :classic:

A small tip - if you're going to wish for bricks it would help a lot if you could be more specific about which bricks you want (either LDD or BrickLink number), and preferably with a link to BL.

EDIT: Also, because this will allow other people here on the forum to be able to help you in case some of the bricks actually allready exist in LDD.

Hi there and welcome to the forum. :classic:

A small tip - if you're going to wish for bricks it would help a lot if you could be more specific about which bricks you want (either LDD or BrickLink number), and preferably with a link to BL.

EDIT: Also, because this will allow other people here on the forum to be able to help you in case some of the bricks actually allready exist in LDD.

Thanks for the tip, as you noticed I'm new here.

I mean the following pieces, I cant post links because first I need 5 posts, so I will try to be as detailed as possible. :tongue:

2557c03 Brown Boat Hull Large Bow 12 x 16 x 5 1/3 Complete Assembly, Top Color Brown

2559c03 Brown Boat Hull Large Stern 14 x 16 x 5 1/3 Complete Assembly, Top Color Brown

sailbb21 White Cloth Sail Bottom 30 x 15 with Blue Thick Stripes Pattern

sailbb22 White Cloth Sail Top 27 x 17 with Blue Thick Stripes Pattern

sailbb20 White Cloth Sail Triangular 15 x 22 with Blue Thick Stripes Pattern

2552px6 Green Baseplate, Raised 32 x 32 with Ramp and Pit, Rocks Gray/Gray Pattern

You know, just the stuff from my younger years (1988 - 1998). :laugh:

Some detail on the minifigs from the following themes would be nice.

Imperial Soldiers

Black Knights

Maybe its already out there, but just in case its not I though "no harm in asking"! :classic:

You know, just the stuff from my younger years (1988 - 1998). :laugh:

As you've allready noticed though, LDD most contains newer parts. But they do occasionally add old ones.

Sails will most likely not appear for a long time, since they are made of cloth. The only cloth part in LDD today is the minifig cape, and I'm gussing it's there because it can be modeled stiff. Sails have to be somewhat flexible to be fitted/useful.

I am curious. There are a lot of bricks from early 2000's that are not in LDD. Yet there are part 6072 which came in only 6 sets and have been out of production since 1997.

So I was wondering how does LEGO decide what obsolete part to add to LDD? Do they use a dart board or roll a 100 sided dice? :laugh:

I am curious. There are a lot of bricks from early 2000's that are not in LDD. Yet there are part 6072 which came in only 6 sets and have been out of production since 1997.

So I was wondering how does LEGO decide what obsolete part to add to LDD? Do they use a dart board or roll a 100 sided dice? :laugh:

From what I've been able to pick up, it is as follows:

Back when LEGO Universe was around, it was the LEGO Universe Team that had the budget to order old bricks. It could have been that one of the game designers needed an old piece for some in-game prop. There wasn't a very strict logic - they ordered what they needed in no particular order.

After LU was stopped, I believe it's actually us fans that are the key reason for adding older bricks. Bricks wished for in this topic are compiled and sent to TLG once in a while. Which bricks end up being added to LDD depend on a few things:

1) How common is the brick (i.e. used in how many sets)? More common bricks normally get added first.

2) Does the brick exist as a CAD-file in the TLG CAD-vault? From what I've learned there are cases when old bricks for some reasons do not, and then they have to be manually re-created in Maya by the LDD 3D designers. One such example was the old Classic Space windscreens.

3) Is there time? Old bricks don't have as high priority as new ones, and are created and added when time allows.

This part is in LDD:

3474.png

But it has no use without this piece:

4867.png

Hopefully Lego can put the 'Tail plane' into LDD to compliment the above wing

This part is in LDD:

http://media.peeron.com/ldraw/images/47/3474.png

But it has no use without this piece:

http://media.peeron.com/ldraw/images/47/4867.png

Hopefully Lego can put the 'Tail plane' into LDD to compliment the above wing

Part 3474 also fits with part 3587, as in 6615 Eagle Stunt Flyer.

But you're right, part 4867 ought to be in LDD as well.

-Toa Of Justice

I would like to see the piece with Design ID '4654577'. It's used in the new 10226 Sopwith Camel. It's a 2 x 2 x 2/3 bracket. The LEGO Pick-a-Brick site nor Bricklink knows about this piece. That's why I don't know the Bricknumber.

Stephan

Edited by Stephan

@Stephan

You can use this page on the TLG website to obtain the ElementID from the DesignID, manually replacing the DesignID inside the URL.

I would like to see the piece with Design ID '4654577'. It's used in the new 10226 Sopwith Camel. It's a 2 x 2 x 2/3 bracket. The LEGO Pick-a-Brick site nor Bricklink knows about this piece. That's why I don't know the Bricknumber.

Stephan

@Stephan

You can use this page on the TLG website to obtain the ElementID from the DesignID, manually replacing the DesignID inside the URL.

Just a minor correction: Element IDs are the six- or seven-digit numbers which specify a particular part in a particular color. Design IDs are the four- or five-digit "part numbers" that specify only the part. LDD primarily uses Design IDs to identify parts, though you can search the parts tray by Element ID in LDD basic mode.

Its funny, that the magnets themselves are in the LDD, but none of the 'holders' are in except for the one used by the train sets.

peeron.com/inv/parts/73092 - existing Magnet

But neither

peeron.com/inv/parts/2607 - grip/caddy

nor

peeron.com/inv/parts/2609 - Plate w/grip

I realize that it only leaves out a fair number of the late 80's and early 90's. I'd still like them in anyways even if it's just the pieces themselves - I don't care if the magnetic/physics part of it works or not.

And while we're on Space models missing pieces, I'd run into a few snags with several space models due to a lack of

peeron.com/inv/parts/4873

also several hinge type pieces, like 3149, 3324 and the 3315/3597 pairing.

BASEPLATES

I'm still suprised that the 2552 baseplate has not already been included - I'm not even worried about the custom textures, just the base piece of digital plastic would be fine by me.

TL;DR

* 3315/3597

@Kyrros

About magnet, I'm pretty sure there is a suitable holder. Probably magnets has been added for a specific use in universe mode.

Agree with you about the need to add the holders you described above, very useful for many old sets.

For the baseplate 2552 someone used a brick build solution, that many builders used for their models listed in the Official LEGO Sets made in LDD topic.

Agree with you about missing piaces for space models, look at here and here for example.

A little notice: insert clickable links to provide a description of the parts you desire (I've an addon that opens plain text links, but probably the great part of other users need to manually copy-paste the address on the address bar). Maybe insert a small thumbnail so that every user can see the part without the need to open an external link.

I suggest you to use bricklink database instead than peeron one, because peeron's database is slower and probably they don't enjoy the use of their images as hotlink.

Look for example at this post, for reference.