Superkalle

Most wanted bricks for next LDD update

This coupling part used to be the main way of attaching trailers:

Plate, Modified 2 x 5 with Towball Socket : part no 3491

3491.gif

The others in this series are in there

Hinge Bar 2.5L with 2 and 3 Fingers on Ends (Pantograph Shoe Holder) : part no 2880

2880.gif

These I´ve often wanted

Technic, Plate 1 x 4 with Toothed Ends : part no 4263

4263.gif

Technic, Plate 1 x 6 with Toothed Ends : part no 4262

4262.gif

Technic, Plate 1 x 8 with Toothed Ends : part no 4442

4442.gif

Trust me, sir... I had links originally, but since I have not reached the "minimum posts" threshold, I still am not allowed to post any replies that contain link, or even 'full addresses'... I was able to water down the link enough via shortened peeron addys, but the software wouldn't allow me to keep the bricklink addys for some reason... so I'm stuck with my plaintext posts until I reach that threshold... oh the joys of being a new poster... :-\

There is one magnet holder in LDD, but like I said in my original post, it only used mostly in specific train models.

As for the makeshift baseplate, I am thankfully aware of it, and have used it for 3 builds so far - but as the title of the thread says, it is still a piece that is on my personal 'most wanted' list.

I would also be happy if they added a way (or a separate program) for us to add/import bricks into LDD ourselves - that way they don't have to worry about which piece to add and not add and could focus on the program itself instead of the minutiae of individual missing pieces/bricks

Of all the Builder/CAD programs, LDD is by far the quickest, easiest and most streamlined UI to work with - there are tradeoffs, of course; lack of fine-tuned positioning outside the 1x1 grid, limited exterior brick prints and logos. I find myself doing 90%-99% of my preliminary building in LDD then exporting to whichever CAD that best suits my needs to put any final touches on models I'm working on.

I just ran across another combo tonight of pieces I'd like to see in the future...

4071 - 6x7 Doorframe

4611 - its acompanying 6x7 Door/Gate

Looking over a lot of these posts, I pretty much agree on most of the posts that pertain to pieces missing from sets released in the 1980's, 1990's and early 2000's

Trust me, sir... I had links originally, but since I have not reached the "minimum posts" threshold [...]

Oh, pardon... I didn't noticed your post count! :grin:

Let's wait you have enough posts then! :wink:

I would also be happy if they added a way (or a separate program) for us to add/import bricks into LDD ourselves [...]

You can ask about this and other LDD features in this topic.

PS: we usually obtain a fine tuning of brick placement using a scaffolding.

I would also be happy if they added a way (or a separate program) for us to add/import bricks into LDD ourselves - that way they don't have to worry about which piece to add and not add and could focus on the program itself instead of the minutiae of individual missing pieces/bricks

It would be a neat feature, but unfortunately I don't think it will happen. The reasons are twofold (as far as I know):

1) Quality control. LDD is an official software which means that TLG wants to have control over what is released. If there are people adding their own bricks and those cause crashes etc, the TLG support will have to deal with stuff that is beyond their control.

2) Features. As opposed to LDraw bricks, LDD bricks contain both collision boxes (so that bricks cannot collide into each other), and connectivity that enables them to snap to each other. Adding custom bricks would require people to know about this too, adding to the complexity.

Of all the Builder/CAD programs, LDD is by far the quickest, easiest and most streamlined UI to work with - there are tradeoffs, of course; lack of fine-tuned positioning outside the 1x1 grid, limited exterior brick prints and logos. I find myself doing 90%-99% of my preliminary building in LDD then exporting to whichever CAD that best suits my needs to put any final touches on models I'm working on.

Couldn't agree more. Regarding adding logos and custom graphics, I Photoshop those on at the end. And using fine positioning of parts, it's quite easy to do with scafolding as Calabar says. Basically you just put a bar on the scene (like the 4L). The you attach a clip-piece (like the 6019) and then you just select the 6019 and the bricks you want to fine-position and slide them along the bar. It goes really fast when you get used to it. If you put three such bar/clip combos in the scene (one per direction) the you can easily free place bricks in any direction :classic:

The reasons are twofold (as far as I know): [...]

I remember a discussion about another problem:

3) lxf files with extra pieces are more difficult to share: how to avoid a child open a lxf file and find a very incomplete model because the extra pieces are not installed in his PC? There are various theories about that and various solution, but no one seems to be harmless.

Basically you just put a bar on the scene (like the 4L). The you attach a clip-piece (like the 6019)

I usually prefer Technic Axle (such as 3707) and Technic Bush (such as 4265a). :classic:

LDD needs the front from the load and haul railroad's red train. It did used to be in there, but now it's not. Very frustrating. Ug0E6.jpg

Edited by rday1982

So I don't know how to classify the parts that come together in the little porous baggies... that all a set's pieces used to come in - I just remembered that. Good times. But the ones like the weapon pack from the initial run of batman (batarangs and tommy guns) and the accessory packs in friends (roses and ladybugs, forks and cupcakes, ribbons and sunglasses) and star wars (helmet visors and antennas)

But I really really need the "roses and ladybugs" and "forks and spatula" assortments. including every part of those packs: handheld mixer, and all.

And I want the new color from Dino. Olive green?

Dog Three Headed 'Fluffy'

40245c00.gif?0

Rock Monster (Rock Raiders)

30305c01.jpg?0

Windscreen 10 x 14 x 2 2/3 Roll Cage

30298.jpg

All thise parts are old, bu still not in LDD

I really want Part #4542264 in LDD.

It's allready in there (along with its sister 98549).

Out of curiosity - how come you didn't find it? Did you search for it?

It's allready in there (along with its sister 98549).

Out of curiosity - how come you didn't find it? Did you search for it?

I did search - no luck. :cry_sad: I was using LDD 4.3.5 Extended Mode. I searched the part #/ID with no luck.

^ It's best to type a space before and after the word or ID you're searching for - it acts as an 'exact match' search, whereas just typing in a string of characters without a space before and after will more likely result in a 'contains these characters' search.

I did search - no luck. :cry_sad: I was using LDD 4.3.5 Extended Mode. I searched the part #/ID with no luck.

Did you use the seven-digit Element ID or the five-digit Design ID? Searching by the Design ID in either mode works for me, but the element ID doesn't work in either mode.

Normally, searching by Element ID should be effective at least in LDD mode, but at the same time there are some complications. For instance, if a certain mold in a certain color has more than one Element ID, it's possible that only one will be effective. I'm not sure if that would be the case here, though.

Hey all this is my first post here, but this is my missing part list for LDD:

1. Train magnets - I know someone already mentioned that one, but I would like to emphasise its importance. Especially since plenty of other train parts are included and it's pretty broken that you can't connect the carriages together yet you can design the rest of the train!

2. Plane rudder - There are quite a few but not the one used in this model: http://cache.lego.co...ons/4117864.pdf

3. Segmented rope - The rope used for the exterior fairy lights of the house in this set: http://cache.lego.co...ons/6015291.pdf

4. Moustache head - The yellow head with a moustache as shown in this set and many others: http://cache.lego.co...ons/4179189.pdf

5. Sunglasses head - The basic yellow head with a smiley face and black sunglasses: http://cache.lego.co...ons/4117864.pdf

6. Vehicle plate - The dark green vehicle plate used on the fueling truck here: http://cache.lego.co...ons/4117864.pdf

All in all though I do think that LDD has REALLY come a long way since I last used it back in 2007-2008, it was merely a shadow back then. The program can only get better as more people use it. Though I do miss the ability to make a custom box and order your own set. Please Lego add that functionality back in amongst other things!

Also I want to see prebuilt templates to work from (there was a house and a car amonst others) like we used to get in the old versions of LDD.

I apologise for adding the technical part numbers for these, something I will do in the future!

Can we send this thread to Lego?

Edited by Inferno986return

3. Segmented rope - The rope used for the exterior fairy lights of the house in this set: http://cache.lego.co...ons/6015291.pdf

Welcome to the Forum, Inferno96return!

With regards to your segmented rope: no need to request it, as it is already in LDD. Take a look for Design ID / Part no. 63141 ('String w. Coupl. Points 20M'). It is even flexible in LDD, you can bend and twist it with the flex tool.

For the other parts: I agree with them having to be in LDD.

1. Train magnets

Is part 73092 what you're looking for? In addition to that piece, 2920 and two compatible train buffers are available in LDD. The magnet and holder are available under the "hose reel" icon, while the buffers are under the "train track" icon.

6. Vehicle plate - The dark green vehicle plate used on the fueling truck here: http://cache.lego.co...ons/4117864.pdf

Part 4211 is already available in LDD. It is available under the "plate with clip" icon.

Though I do miss the ability to make a custom box and order your own set. Please Lego add that functionality back in amongst other things!

You can use the "Export BOM" (Bill of Materials) command in the File menu, or just press Ctrl+B while in LDD. Specify a file name and location, and then press "Save" to create a Microsoft Excel 2007 (.xlsx) file (or a .zip file, but I personally recommend .xlsx since it's easier to work with) with the list of parts. Then, you can go to Pick A Brick and order the pieces.

I hope that helps.

-Toa Of Justice

Thanks for the replies, I guess I should look more thoroughly through the LDD. It would reduce my request list substantially!

I will now use BrickLink to provide technical detail on the bricks I want.

Here is another list:

1. I would love to see more printed blocks such as; padlock (1x1 flat tile), safe(2x2x2 box door) and the aeroplane control panel (2x2 sloped brick).

2. The 1x2 flat tile in metallic gold (and maybe silver too) so I can put gold ingots in a treasure room (we have diamonds, money and yet no gold!).

3. Since there is a Tommy Gun, I hope they add this pistol too.

4. Also I can't find the Competition Cannon.

5. Type 1 and Type 3 Shiny coins would be awesome too in these values: 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40.

------------------

Is part 73092 what you're looking for? In addition to that piece, 2920 and two compatible train buffers are available in LDD. The magnet and holder are available under the "hose reel" icon, while the buffers are under the "train track" icon.

Part 4211 is already available in LDD. It is available under the "plate with clip" icon.

You can use the "Export BOM" (Bill of Materials) command in the File menu, or just press Ctrl+B while in LDD. Specify a file name and location, and then press "Save" to create a Microsoft Excel 2007 (.xlsx) file (or a .zip file, but I personally recommend .xlsx since it's easier to work with) with the list of parts. Then, you can go to Pick A Brick and order the pieces.

I hope that helps.

-Toa Of Justice

I managed to find the 4211, but it wasn't available in the dark earth green colour. That's what I meant, I guess I should have been more coherent there.

I found 2920 and all the other train related pieces, but still no magnets. Am I doing this wrong or are you using LDD Extended?

I will have a relook for the segmented rope, what's its Design ID?

Thanks for telling me what BOM does, that will be useful if I ever want to manually order a custom Lego set.

I will definitely send a link to this thread to the official Lego company, also I will notify them about naughty counterfeit blocks which blatantly rip-off Lego.

Edited by Inferno986return

2. The 1x2 flat tile in metallic gold (and maybe silver too) so I can put gold ingots in a treasure room (we have diamonds, money and yet no gold!).

4. Also I can't find the Competition Cannon.

5. Type 1 and Type 3 Shiny coins would be awesome too in these values: 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40.

I managed to find the 4211, but it wasn't available in the dark earth green colour. That's what I meant, I guess I should have been more coherent there.

I found 2920 and all the other train related pieces, but still no magnets. Am I doing this wrong or are you using LDD Extended?

I will have a relook for the segmented rope, what's its Design ID?

I am using LDD Extended. All of the parts described above are available in that mode in any color you want. The cannon's Design ID is 57796 (under the "axle/pin combo" icon), all of the coins are available under the "fancy sign" icon (between the Hero Factory "shell element" icon and the "airplane rudder" icon; you can search for "coin" [type 1; no quotes] and "mont" [type 3; no quotes] to find them), and the segmented rope has Design ID 63141.

If you're working on an MOC with gold ingots, may I suggest using 96910? It looks very much like a realistic gold ingot, and it connects like a 1x2 tile.

-Toa Of Justice

Can you pick-a-brick with extended?

You can't pick-a-brick even with standard mode.

The "Design by Me" feature has been removed from LDD some time ago.

You should consider LDD as a CAD software, not as a way to buy bricks from LEGO. It as not this feature anymore.