For those who care, new parts in LDD 4.2.5 brick version 604

I have been updating the LDraw.xml for LDR import and export with LDD. In doing so I have my LDD files I use to fix and adjust the conversion available for download.

This is not all the new parts yet, but you can view the new parts in these files, the ones added in this LDD update are green.

I also uploaded a newer LDraw.xml (4.21), mainly color fixes and a few parts, will be fixing more over the weekend.

View the new parts in LDD visit this link and download.

Enjoy,

Mike Gallagher

GalllaghersArt.com

For those who care, new parts in LDD 4.2.5 brick version 604

I have been updating the LDraw.xml for LDR import and export with LDD. In doing so I have my LDD files I use to fix and adjust the conversion available for download.

This is not all the new parts yet, but you can view the new parts in these files, the ones added in this LDD update are green.

I also uploaded a newer LDraw.xml (4.21), mainly color fixes and a few parts, will be fixing more over the weekend.

View the new parts in LDD visit this link and download.

Enjoy,

Mike Gallagher

GalllaghersArt.com

Thanks for sharing Mike :classic:

I'm very pleased to see TLG has come with a new version of LDD :classic:

Excellent news indeed, I'm downloading now...

I had finally manually uploaded LDD extended a week before hand. >.< Waste of time, appearantly. On the bright side, I love all of the new bricks; I've already built 20+ models with the new pieces.

i updated my LDD program earlier today but it already needs an update. There are many cool items but the minifigure section needs MAJOR work. There's jester caps and pants but nothing that really works for jester shirts. There's all sorts of neat hats yet not much to match them up to clothing wise. There's some of the collectible series 1 heads and a few accessories but there's no clothing for said figures. The short legs need to be near the long legs so it would be easier to make outfit combination. There needs be one area for animals clearly marked and same for minifigure accessories since it's getting to be a hassle to find what i need. And there really should be more clothing options. I'm building a minifigure crowd with a total so far as 43 complete figures, one nearly finished, and an additional 25 hats and i'm running out of shirt and hat combos that really match up properly.

Edited by ACWWgal2011

I just got a very small LDD update when I started the program. I can't see any new bricks, but the brick version is now listed as 604.1 rather than just 604 (like one of my friends' LDD brick version is still listed as).

Anyone know what the contents of this update were?

I just got a very small LDD update when I started the program. I can't see any new bricks, but the brick version is now listed as 604.1 rather than just 604 (like one of my friends' LDD brick version is still listed as).

Anyone know what the contents of this update were?

I have no clue.

Just spotted a discussion over at BrickLink forums about part 93059. It used to be called "chinamans hat", but now it's "figure head clothing no 7". I think TLG got accused for using a poor name for that parts and changed it and that's the reason for the update.

Just spotted a discussion over at BrickLink forums about part 93059. It used to be called "chinamans hat", but now it's "figure head clothing no 7". I think TLG got accused for using a poor name for that parts and changed it and that's the reason for the update.

Understandable. That explains why it was such a small update!

Yeah, I noticed that when the 4.2.5 came out. I think that Lego sometimes just casually names their pieces assuming that its not too important, and then later, when those names get publicized, Lego runs into racist issues. Lol, I guess thats why they updated it then.

Can anyone help me? I've downloaded this program three and each time I did the program did download successfully, but not in a usable way. I desperately want to use LDD as soon as possible. In case this helps, each time I got to be able to use it, a sketchey version of it was opened instead of the great quality everyone else has mentioned and it keeps reloading the low quality visuals anytime I move my mouse to a different spot, which makes it unusable for me. Also, my computer has windows 7. Can anyone tell me what the problem is.

Can anyone help me? I've downloaded this program three and each time I did the program did download successfully, but not in a usable way. I desperately want to use LDD as soon as possible. In case this helps, each time I got to be able to use it, a sketchey version of it was opened instead of the great quality everyone else has mentioned and it keeps reloading the low quality visuals anytime I move my mouse to a different spot, which makes it unusable for me. Also, my computer has windows 7. Can anyone tell me what the problem is.

A programmer would need specifications of your computer. What sort I have no clue but what type of Graphics Driver will help.

It seems as if LLD is running in Compatibility mode. You have Windows 7 though, so I do not think it needs to be in that mode, perhaps your Graphics Driver is unsupported. Just a guess however, but it is a usual problem.

Im so sad that the update not contains the many new parts from pneumatics, landing gear, absorber and steering used in 8110. And wher is the 60c01: Technic Gear 24 Tooth Clutch? Have we to wait until LDD5?

Edited by PeterleB

Im so sad that the update not contains the many new parts from pneumatics, landing gear, absorber and steering used in 8110. And wher is the 60c01: Technic Gear 24 Tooth Clutch? Have we to wait until LDD5?

Please add your wanted parts here

I stumbled upon 99780! That is indeed a nice part!!! But in no set at the moment?!! Same for 99207!

I got a small update tonight,has any one know about this and what updates/changes there was?

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

@ AR: I opened LDD just now, and it's still the LDD 4.2.5 with Brick Version 604.1 (from the update that occurred on January 26, 2012). How long has it been since you last used LDD?

I stumbled upon 99780! That is indeed a nice part!!! But in no set at the moment?!! Same for 99207!

I saw the shorter one on the door in the new mines of moria set, but I think you're right, I've been looking around and I can't find them in anything that's out at the moment

Aright, apologies if someone has already mentioned this (I don't have time to look through all eight pages of the topic), but.... is anyone else shocked by how disorganized the most recent version is? A ton of parts are miscategorized, and even more have ridiculous and/or incorect names (the flat plant pieces are called "limb elements," and the shruiken from Ninjago is called "star with 3.2 wheel", just to name two examples). The search function is pretty much useless as a result, and altogether the overwhelming number of errors makes using the latest version a chore. :thumbdown:

Aright, apologies if someone has already mentioned this (I don't have time to look through all eight pages of the topic), but.... is anyone else shocked by how disorganized the most recent version is? A ton of parts are miscategorized, and even more have ridiculous and/or incorect names (the flat plant pieces are called "limb elements," and the shruiken from Ninjago is called "star with 3.2 wheel", just to name two examples). The search function is pretty much useless as a result, and altogether the overwhelming number of errors makes using the latest version a chore. :thumbdown:

The search function is pretty easy to use if you know the design IDs of the parts, and these days design IDs are fairly easy to look up from various sources (either Bricklink or service.LEGO.com is usually a good bet). As far as the names are concerned, those parts you mention have pretty logical names IMO. The leaves are called "limb elements" because they're basically tree limbs with leaves at the end, while the shuriken is essentially a star with a 3.2 mm wheel-- that is to say, it has 3.2 mm diameter attachment points around it in a circle so that a minifigure hand can clip it.

There's no way they could make the search function work perfectly for all users. If they called the shuriken a shuriken there would still be people who didn't know what it was called and would search "throwing star". The solution isn't to change the problems but rather to learn the names and categories for the parts you need, which you'd have to do with most other parts databases anyway.

The search function is pretty easy to use if you know the design IDs of the parts, and these days design IDs are fairly easy to look up from various sources (either Bricklink or service.LEGO.com is usually a good bet). As far as the names are concerned, those parts you mention have pretty logical names IMO. The leaves are called "limb elements" because they're basically tree limbs with leaves at the end, while the shuriken is essentially a star with a 3.2 mm wheel-- that is to say, it has 3.2 mm diameter attachment points around it in a circle so that a minifigure hand can clip it.

There's no way they could make the search function work perfectly for all users. If they called the shuriken a shuriken there would still be people who didn't know what it was called and would search "throwing star". The solution isn't to change the problems but rather to learn the names and categories for the parts you need, which you'd have to do with most other parts databases anyway.

Ah, so the search function can be used with official part numbers? Now that you mention this, I think I might have known this a while back, but until yesterday I hadn't used LDD in ages. Thanks for pointing this out - this should eliminate a lot of the hassles I was having. :wink:

Edited by Zarkan

Anyone know what this brick is? It came in the latest version of LDD. I cant find it on Bricklink.

Probably it will be used in the sets that will be released this year.

It will be surely added to Bricklink database soon.

Probably it will be used in the sets that will be released this year.

It will be surely added to Bricklink database soon.

It appears in at least one of the Lord of the Rings sets later this year (I forget which one). It was seen at Toy Fair in New York.