gosthrider

MOC: Heroica boards

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi there!

Heroica is really wonderfull dungeon-crawler game: Everyone can create is own rules, have fun kicking some gobelins... :devil: , AND more of that we can create some Niiiiiice dungeons to play with.

Here is my first try, a devasted castle (well just a part of it)

dsc06238.jpg

dsc06240.jpg

dsc06241.jpg

We can create real dungeon in 3D if we want! with differents floors, stairs, etc, etc... That's completly awesome!! I 'm thinking about something big, with bridges and activable switches to make things moving! Like adding some Technic parts into it!! (make the bridge moving, secret doors...)

I'm pretty sure that the castle MOCers can build somethings for HEROICA :wink:

But actually after playing a bit with this first MOC, it appear that it's not so easy to take out for some HEROICA game at friend's houses.

So I decided to build something compact, evolutive and fun.

pict0013.jpg

so... Here is some small boards (like 32x16 suds)

pict0004.jpg

pict0005.jpg

... That can be attach to a lots of differents positions. You can have a whole new dungeons each time!

More of that, some corridors or doors can be block by bricks, so that the player is obliged to go in some specific direction

pict0009.jpg

pict0010.jpg

pict0007.jpg

Ready to rumble!

pict0011.jpg

wooow, that's not gonna be easy to go through this room!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

thanks! :classic:

The idea of 4 gobelins holding the king came directly from the HEROICA lego web site. :tongue: Actually I created a specific rule for this: When a Hero enter the room, the 4 gobelins are dispatched in line at the front of the king to protect it, so you have to kill'em first before reaching the king

Wow, that looks like a fun build. I especially like the castle detail and the statue in the fountain. Gives it a real abandoned feeling.

I think you are right though, the second design works better as a game, being more modular, meaning you can transport it or change the level around to make different games. It looks like you used a lot of pieces, especially the 2x2 jumper plates. Did you buy more or are they all from the games?

I would be interested to hear your rules as I see you have changed the hero packs as well, and maybe are using more than one dice? You can put your rules in the other heroica thread if you like.

Well, I bought somethings like 200 new tiles in different colors on Bricklink, but actually I have to buy more, as a new project is coming along... :hmpf:

So yeah I play with home made rules, but it doesn't go well, I have to adjust them, the game is not well balanced between the player and the dungeon master. We try adapt the HEROQUEST game system (with lots of dices as you see :wink: ) but it doesn't go very well.

I'm going to study the modified rules post I saw in this forum somewhere...

Well, I bought somethings like 200 new tiles in different colors on Bricklink, but actually I have to buy more, as a new project is coming along... :hmpf:

So yeah I play with home made rules, but it doesn't go well, I have to adjust them, the game is not well balanced between the player and the dungeon master. We try adapt the HEROQUEST game system (with lots of dices as you see :wink: ) but it doesn't go very well.

I'm going to study the modified rules post I saw in this forum somewhere...

How much were all those? And a new project sounds fun. If you want, I'll PM oyu some modified rules, they still rely on luck, but I find that they are extremely satisfying.

Edited by krystalKING

How much were all those? And a new project sounds fun. If you want, I'll PM oyu some modified rules, they still rely on luck, but I find that they are extremely satisfying.

well, no more than 40 €. bruno's brick depot as the biggest stock and colors for a good price.

Bruno's Brick Depot

Send me your rules, I'd love to have a look at them!

Edited by gosthrider

But actually after playing a bit with this first MOC, it appear that it's not so easy to take out for some HEROICA game at friend's houses.

So I decided to build something compact, evolutive and fun.

pict0013.jpg

so... Here is some small boards (like 32x16 suds)

Nice work! That's a great way to create a Heroica board, and it scales nicely if you want to use minifigures instead of the microfigures.