Itaria No Shintaku

Minifigures Series 8 Guessing Game

Ok, just some wild guesses, for fun:

1. LEGO Store employee
  2. Skier (different from S2)
  3. Baseball player (different team from S3 player)
  4. Train engineer
  5. Pirate (w/ parrot?)
  6. Movie Director ("Golden age of Hollywood"-style - jodhpurs, beret, monocle, megaphone, etc.)
  7. Bobby Soxer (poodle skirt, etc.)
  8. Zombie (different from S1 and Monster Fighters zombies)
  9. Organ grinder (w/ monkey? Parrot?)
  10. Prospector
  11. Dog walker
  12. Ogre / troll / goblin (different from Castle trolls, but similar and visually compatible)
  13. Gardener (w/ hoe? Straw hat?)
  14. Ice Cream Vendor / Soda Jerk
  15. Plumber
  16. Burglar (w/ domino mask)

I can see Lego making most of these, but not:

Lego Store Employee

Zombie

Baseball Player

Why not? Do you think that it would be too specific?

Lego Store employee would be problematic at least because a considerably large chunk of global customer base have never been to a Lego Store (or know of their existence), as there are such only in a few select countries. But if the fig could pass as a random store clerk in elsewhere it could be feasible, maybe? Then again, that might be rather dull.

Lego Store employee would be problematic at least because a considerably large chunk of global customer base have never been to a Lego Store (or know of their existence), as there are such only in a few select countries. But if the fig could pass as a random store clerk in elsewhere it could be feasible, maybe? Then again, that might be rather dull.

Whereas people meet pharaohs, samurais, vampires, werewolves, extraterrestrials and merfolk every day, of course...

:wink:

-Amazon with trident

-fairy with old magic wand and wings

-Angel

-Devil/ Imp

-Farmer with chicken or hoe

-Mother with baby (new mold)

-Medusa

-Hunter with Double-barreled shotgun

-Grandpa/ Grandma with walking stick

-Iceplaneter 2.0

-Capitan with brick shaped order

-Sunbather with sunlotion

-Cook with new cook cap and with pot

-Frenchman with bread

-Pirate! with new parrot (Because I can't believe we still didn't get one!)

- And minifig I want the most: Orcish Warchief with bronze Thor hammer and bronze shield

-Amazon with trident

-fairy with old magic wand and wings

-Angel

-Devil/ Imp

-Farmer with chicken or hoe

-Mother with baby (new mold)

-Medusa

-Hunter with Double-barreled shotgun

-Grandpa/ Grandma with walking stick

-Iceplaneter 2.0

-Capitan with brick shaped order

-Sunbather with sunlotion

-Cook with new cook cap and with pot

-Frenchman with bread

-Pirate! with new parrot (Because I can't believe we still didn't get one!)

- And minifig I want the most: Orcish Warchief with bronze Thor hammer and bronze shield

Now that's a series I would buy multiple of. I think that there's a good chance that some of these will be in series 8.

Whereas people meet pharaohs, samurais, vampires, werewolves, extraterrestrials and merfolk every day, of course... :wink:

I have to admit I haven't met any of them personally, but I've met them in history books, literature, folklore etc. I recognise all of them more or less instantly in minifigure form, they are timeless and rather globally accepted archetypes/stereotypes - I don't think there has been a single CMF yet that would have really left me wondering what is it about when I first saw it.

ok so here are my guesses

1. Teacher

2. Ghengis khan

3. Politician

4. Stock market trader

5. Fairy

6. Zeus

7. Some type of police officer

8. Bear

9. Priest

10. Terracotta soldier

11. Musician (jazz?)

12. Groom

13. King/queen

14. Moai statue

15. Mountaineer

16. Tv reporter

interesting post

PLEASE NO!!! :tongue:

agreed!

let's guess, or at least, try:

1.) on series 7, we had the chance to meet the swimmer girl, the important is the golden medal on her neck... this reminds me the gold, silver and cooper "micro"figs (karate, sumo and football player)... so, on the 8th series we most see a new sport that brings medals, so, my bid here is for the athlete, a runner or gymnast

2.) on series 7 we had a bride... groom it is!, with a couple of silver rings, the same mold from LOTR

3.) as others said already, the new snake tail is very useful to make the beloved medusa

4.) is the turn to the musician, and, to add cultural diversity, an old classic Jazz player (yes, with a real sax, instead of the past christmas set)

5.) I like the idea of the canadian mounted police, because like the liberty lady and the royal guard, its a symbol

6.) mixing my minifigs, I found that, the new roman shield (but translucent) and the space marine helmet, could me mixed, on riot police officer

7.) everyone that said pirate, agree with that, new face, new shirt, new cutlass, new hat (instead of the classic bicorn)... and the most important, yellow flesh; he could work as first warrior of the set

8.) a deeper diver, just like the one that you put on your fish tank if you had one (p.s. the same color of the gladiator)

(soon or later, I'm really sure that TLG will make those, but the next ones, I'm not sure)

9.) a caveman... but wait, we had one!.... NO this is the bad one, the evil one (like the evil dwarf)

10.) this one, you'll wanna love it!... Miss Lego-verse, with a tiara and a ribbon that tell us that she is the prettiest

11.) Heavy metal fan, with black guitar, black long and messy hair, black skull on black shirt.... wait a minute...no, that doesn't work!

12.) the lady clown... it's been awhile since the circus had another minifig

13.) the second warrior of the set... mmm not sure, the mongol ist a good idea, but aldo a cossack

14.) I have doubts about the chance to see another jockey on a minifig collection since the new mold of the jockey helmet in the britain olympic team is so close. maybe not on the 8th series, but later

15.) the bear disguesed man, I know, disguise only apear on odd numbers... since when this is a law?

16.) the last one, I let this open

16.) the last one, I let this open

How about a Costa Rican campesino? :grin:

Now that I think about it, it would be interesting if Lego released a set only of cultural figs (like some of the CMFs). Something like 50 figs from around the world... Would be neat. :cry_happy:

Admittedly at this point of the thread, my list will look very similar to some of the above, but bear with me.

01. Old time deep sea diver (m)

02. Golfer (m)

03. Skier (f)

04. Rollerskater (f)

05. 18th century noble woman "Marie Antoinette" (f)

06. Pirate captain (m)

07. Judge (m)

08. Wild West sheriff (m)

09. Medusa (f)

10. Medieval minstrel (m)

11. Saxophonist (f)

12. Gardener (f)

13. Canadian mountie (m)

14. Librarian (f)

15. Chef (m)

16. (Modern) fencer (m)

Dunno, most of the armybuilders would hate a series like that. :laugh:

8.) a deeper diver, just like the one that you put on your fish tank if you had one (p.s. the same color of the gladiator)

Even though they already made a modern diver, LEGO definitely has to make an old-timey diver with one of those classic diving helmets. The gladiator's helmet is absolutely a nice inspiration for what such a helmet could look like. For accessories he could include a knife and a crab, perhaps? And NO flippers, because these kind of divers didn't have any as they walked on the bottom.

Here's my guesses... some of them are more wishful thinking than likely to be made :D Have only been collecting the later series so hope I haven't picked anything that's already been made!

1. Cowgirl

2. An injured patient with bandaged head etc!

3. Cricketer

4. Hiker with backpack and walking pole

5. Air Hostess

6. Highwayman with mask, gun and tricorn hat... or maybe a Zorro!

7. Postman with letter

8. Nun (well it would be amusing!)

9. Hawaiian shirt beach guy

10. Some sort of pirate!

11. Pocahontas sort of female

12. Snowman

13. Elvis impersonator style man

14. Horse jockey, boring but can see them doing it!

15. Fortune Teller

16. Bride of Frankenstein

8. Nun (well it would be amusing!)

They will never do a Nun, it's against their focus.

By the way I am pretty sure that a convict is really possible, since they would reuse the ball and chain you can find in 30201...

Aw shame about the nun, knew they don't do war figs but didn't know they won't make religious characters! Can see why though :classic:

They will never do a Nun, it's against their focus.

By the way I am pretty sure that a convict is really possible, since they would reuse the ball and chain you can find in 30201...

Okay, gonna attempt this too, using some highly non-scientific methods.

1. Jazz Trumpet Player

2. Groom

3. "Zorro"

4. Hunter

5. Hairdresser (Female)

6. Medusa

7. Cyclops

8. Golfer

9. Baker

10. Reggae Singer

11. Mountie

12. Pizza Delivery (Female)

13. Old-School Diver

14. Fencer (Female)

15. Bride of Frankenstein

16. Zeus

Zeus might be iffy since he's technically a god, i.e. religion, but on the other hand he's not a god anyone actively worships (as far as I know) so I think that might be okay. It's more mythology than religion. Plus, LEGO has already made a Zeus figure that was sent in the Juno spacecraft to Jupiter, so I don't see why they couldn't make one for the CMF.

Edited by Graysmith

Zeus might be iffy since he's technically a god, i.e. religion, but on the other hand he's not a god anyone actively worships (as far as I know) so I think that might be okay.

Well they did make a Neptune figure in Series 7, even going so far as to officially call him "Neptune" in the recent Lego Magazine, so I do believe a Zeus figure would be quite feasible. :classic:

Well they did make a Neptune figure in Series 7, even going so far as to officially call him "Neptune" in the recent Lego Magazine, so I do believe a Zeus figure would be quite feasible. :classic:

D'oh! How could I forget about the "Ocean King". In that case I'd definitely think it's possible.. It could be a pretty cool figure too so I hope to see it some day.

I think we might get a chicken suit guy. :wink:

I agree that's fairly likely, it fits the costume theme that we've kinda been seeing. I don't think we'll get it in Series 8 though, because we just had the bunny suit. More like Series 9, I'd say.