Yesterday I got an idea I just had to test. The idea was to put the motorbike's driveshaft inside the rear swing axle. With the help of some half beams, the idea was realized.

p1170751.jpg

Having the rear special, I also wanted the fromt to be unique. So i decided to ditch the usual shock absorbers and use the 1x2x3 spring box from hockey sets and use it for front suspension.

p1170750.jpg

This way I made a very compact unique and a tough bike with very smooth and soft suspension, and an agressive look, all made with only 205 pieces!

p1170753.jpg

rage.jpg

There are also LDD instructions avaialable:

LDD RAGE

Remember, you need the spring box and one old style 4L long U joint.

And a short video of mechanics:

Edited by Zblj

@ Zblj: I like everything you model on LDD! :thumbup: I want to build it later today.

I looked at the 91 steps of your LDD Building Instructions, and noticed two more parts substitutions (using Technic pulleys instead of the 5x5 Lego Technic Disks on the wheels, and using different Technic Panel fairings because the LDD version does not come in orange). I used LDD Manager to prepare a 2-page PDF Parts List for your "Rage" Lego Technic Motorcycle (download from MegaUpload SkyDrive here ). The 206 parts needed include the x928cx1 "Hockey Spring", the 4L Universal Joints, Technic Disks, and the Technic Panels.

I think that Alasdair Ryan was noting that your motorcycle tires were "bald" (smooth) relative to the common 2902 "Tire 81.6 x 15 Motorcycle":

2902.jpg

Edited by DLuders

I built it in a Silver color scheme, and used different wheels and tires (since I did not have the ones Zblj & JunkstyleGio used). I used one front disk brake instead of two (since I was missing one 5x5 Technic Disk). I found that using one 4L and one 3L Lego Technic Universal Joint worked for the rear wheel's direct shaft drive. You can see the "Hockey Spring" part underneath the handlebars that provides the Front Suspension. Thanks for sharing your LDD file, Jernej! :thumbup:

6708771159_704795a7db_z.jpg6708948435_cbd0b13f2e_z.jpg

Edited by DLuders

That's a superb driveshaft. I'll have to build this, I imagine it's super smooth. The use of hockey springs for the front suspension is another great idea.

Three for the price of one!

zblj_rage_varia_small.jpg

Lots of Rage for free :tongue: Not that i'm an angry person :sweet:

I saw a mod folder on your brickshelf, I wonder what you changed!

Check this out:

dsc09248_small.jpg

Added some trinkets/greebles like footstands, handlebars, bigger headlight, radiator.

Made the driverseat a bit longer and lowered the rearlights.

Changed the frontfork to axle/connector version with mudguard but without loosing the "hockeyspring"function.

Used the smaller wheels like DLuders did but i'm waiting for the DBG-version of it!

Very nice bike, i build it ,i'll try to ad a picture as soon as possible.

edit: the bike i build

post-12765-132697953285.jpg

Edited by rjk1977

Download instructions Here, sorry there is some illegal steps,but would do you expect from LDD. :laugh:

(You need to remove the bike stand when adding the side car)

Edited by Alasdair Ryan