Sign in to follow this  
darphboubou

Where to find these pieces in LDD

Hi,

I'm a new joiner and a new user of LDD, I try to mount some robot with my son on LDD, before to build it in real, Someone can tell where i can find damper on LDD, I didn't find it. Please help me

Regards

@ darphboubou: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: Have you activated Lego Digital Designer (LDD) Extended Mode? I did a LDD Extended Mode search for a "damper", and found this 45590 "Technic, Axle Connector Double Flexible (Rubber)" part :

45590.jpg

Do you mean a Lego Technic SHOCK ABSORBER instead? If so, do an LDD Extended Mode search for "Shock", and they will pop up.

Edited by DLuders

In my post above, the words "Extended Mode" have an underline. That denotes a hyperlink to the LDD Extended Mode instructions. :classic:

i search this element

Welcome to the forum, darphboubou.

Seems to me you are looking for part 32054. It is named '2M FRIC.SNAP W/CROSSHOLE' in LDD.

It can be found on Bricklink as 'Technic, Pin Long with Friction Ridges Lengthwise and Stop Bush'.

See also Peeron.

Your picture seems to be taken from instructions. If you have instructions that feature a list of contents, you can use this link to find out the part number for LDD (design ID). Simply replace the seven-digit item number with the item number from the instructions. It is also helpful to find the correct colour used (which in your case isn't really necessary - you're looking for black one :classic: ).

Edited by Sjuip

i want to resize my shock absorber

Hello

Kindly note that this is a forum for AFOLs (Adult Fans of LEGO). Please start a sentence with a capital letter and end with a period. Sorry to be a bit harsh about this, but those are the rules we have to maintain a high standard.

Also, asking the same question that fast is concidered poor behavior on internet forums. You have to wait a bit.

About compressing shock absorbers, that is not possible per se, but there is a workaround that you can read about here.

You can use the procedure that Sjuip has described you here. :classic:

Another little thing: when you post the image, you should crop it in order to remove blank stripes. You should post only the "interesting part" of the image. :wink:

Also, remember that in this forum the maximum size allowed for an image is 800x600 (your images are slightly bigger in width).

thanks for the tip but i look for the digital one, i search to simulate the old shock bumper system i was used on a 4 wheel drive edit by LEGO about 15 - 20 years ago, that system manage the shocks and the wheel mobility.

I'm speaking of the digital one, obviously! After all this is the "LDD and other digital tools" section! :wink:

The linked page allow you to find the ElementID of the piece using the DesignID you can find in the instruction booklet.

Then you have to write the ElementID in the SearchBox of LDD to find the brick.

Anyway, the piece could not exists in LDD. If that happens, you could try to replace it with a custom solution.

Some custom solutions has been created by other users and posted in this topic.

Is it all clear? :classic:

@ darphboubou: Here is what you need to do:

1) Get familiar with the Bricklink Catalog function. Since the part you seek is a "Technic Steering" part, use the dropdown menu to find the "Technic, Steering" category. You will see on this webpage the 6572 "Technic, Steering Knuckle Arm with Ball Joint":

6572.gif

2) Open up LDD Extended Mode (to unlock all of the available LDD parts) and type in "6572" in the LDD Parts Pallette search box (at the top-left corner of the screen). The part you seek pops right up. :classic:

3) In the future, it would be best to consolidate all of your questions about "How Do I Find This Part?" into ONE Eurobricks topic, instead of multiple topics. What exactly are you trying to make anyway?

Edited by DLuders

thanks for the link but i search for the digital one

I was speaking of the digital one.... :wink:

Maybe I was not completely clear in the procedure, by leaving out the last step.

With the 'Design ID' from TLG or the part number from Peeron/Bricklink (which are usually identical) you can go to LDD. Type it in the search box in the brick selection function and the part will show.

Of course, sometimes the part does not exist in LDD :angry: . You can then try to find an equivalent by searching for words from the element name (such as 1x2x3). Or build a custom replacement yourselves ....

Darphboubo: The part you are looking for is available on in LDD,i think it is only available though if you have extended mode,here is a link in how to do that.

Hi,

I Search a digital chain for my moto engine. This kind of chain. Someone know where can i find it?

It was removed in a previous update due to issues with the piece, hopefully it'll return in the next update due some time tomorrow.