Farnheim

MOC: Snow Plow

indexed.gif V-LC-16E

Hi everyone!

I got another one for you. This time it's a snow plow I created last winter (when we had one with all its loads of snow). During the main buiding phase the MOC got a plow on the front end, but I've added an extra one on the passenger site at the 2nd row. So now it's also able to rid (is that the correct meaning? :blush: ) the Autobahns from the snow white. The Plow Truck is fully equipped with a salt-silo and -spreader on the bed, high mounted headlights (if a plow is installed) and some extra features and details like warning signs, side markers and a spare tire. For the rest of the year this Machine is going to a simple Tipper Truck.

schneeraeumfz01.jpg

schneeraeumfz04.jpg

Random views.

schneeraeumfz07.jpg

Lots of stuff to get the plow mounted on the plate.

schneeraeumfz10.jpg

The salt spreader.

schneeraeumfz16.jpg

A view underneath with all the chassis parts.

schneeraeumfz17.jpg

The Truck without a plow on the way back to the maintenance depot.

schneeraeumfz20.jpg

Fully equipped and ready for service.

schneeraeumfz23.jpg

The second plow gets simply clipped on the frame.

schneeraeumfz24.jpg

The Classic-Town-Truck is able to rid the snow from both Classic-Town-Lanes.

schneeraeumfz19.jpg

Wintertime can be lonesome. So the driver is happy about a little something.

schneeraeumfz15.jpg

And that is what it's going to be during summertime. Maybe I still could put on a movable flap at rear...

Well, that shall be all for now. Hope you have fun with the pics. Any comments are welcome as usual.

Thanks in advance,

Maik

Excellent classic town inspired 4 wide truck....though it should be Homer Simpson driving it ! :laugh:

Nice detailing....takes everyone back to the early 80's.....Brick On Plow On 'Farnheim' ! :classic:

Very cool! I was going to build something like this for the Winter Village Contest, but I didn't have enough time.

I absolutely love this little truck! There's always been something about classic town utility vehicles that I like. I may build one of these for my own town.

It's beautiful! I want my Lego city (which is mainly classic town anyway) to have it.

I've never seen one with two plows but I guess that's because our roads aren't wide enough :laugh: And we've had very heavy snowfall today (first time this winter) so the timing is perfect.

I love the picture with the baker.

I think cheese slopes in place of the 1x6 black tile on the blade would look cool..It would give it a curved look like a real front blade. Looks great otherwise :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by lego envy

Hey Maik,

nice to see you here!

IMHO this is definitely one of your best MOCs. Even a snow plow can be beautiful if it is built like this, all those functions are really awesome. As I have already said in my eyes your photography ranks among the best you can find in the whole brick universe, this little scene would be suitable for any Lego catalogue.

Looking forward to seeing more MOCs from you here! :thumbup:

Greetz

Thank you guys very much. I really appreciate it.

@ lego envy: Good point. I'll give it try, but I actually don't have enough cheese slopes for it.

@ leela: Feel free to build it our way.

@ LT: *lol* Yeah, this could be so. I remember this "The Simpons" episode.

@ ER0L: Thx, the same to you! Well, honestly there could be even room for more. If you take a look at the official TLC product images - they are simply all crisp, sharp and absolutely perfect illuminated. Mine are just some ambitioned amateur shots. :wink:

I've never seen one with two plows but I guess that's because our roads aren't wide enough

That's called a wing plow, and almost all the Snow Plows up here in Wisconsin have them. In fact, the big plows that are used on wide roads can have wings on each sides of the plow. The craziest thing I've seen up here is a TowPlow. Google that if you've never seen one to see how creative they get in snow removal these days.

This is a great MOC, and while I don't build in 4 wide, I'm thinking that a 6 wide plow would be a good addition to my town.

Beautiful MOC indeed. I agree with everyone, this thing is amazing. All the details make for a very realistic rendition.

Brilliantly photographed as well. Keep up the good work.

meyerc13

I've never heard of a TowPlow. I googled it..that is intense. I'm glad we don't get such harsh winters here.