Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

The Curse of IMHOTEP - Day Two

6689992359_5fc3a17e5b_z.jpg

After a full day's worth of arguing and debating, eventually Fr Thomas "Tomato" Thomson is selected as the first sacrifice to the statue of IMHOTEP.

6680272515_6d056d1881_z.jpg

His clothes fall from a hitherto unnoticed chute.

6690474945_042b80abd9_z.jpg

Satisfied they have finally come to some sort of agreement, the not-so-happy campers make a move towards their bedrolls. The general murmur reveals unsurety as to exactly what the the night has in store, and what further terrors the morning will bring in this hole in the desert (which isn't actually godforsaken, given that there's a dirty great talking statue of the great god IMHOTEP :hmpf:).

With Fr Tomato ingested, the statue's eyes flash!

6690473137_d15ebd93d8_z.jpg

Mmmmm! A pure one!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night one of the campers is up and about...

6690496339_024060d034_z.jpg

Determined not to wet his pants any more, Percy decides (perhaps inadvisedly) to go for a midnight stroll to... do his business...

6690491963_e037054450_z.jpg

However, distracted so much by the succulent banana, he doesn't see the dark figure approaching him from behind...

6690488267_b1e6394c9a_z.jpg

...and he is incapacitated, while the dark figure murmurs "at least we won't have to look at his disturbingly freaky eyes anymore" ...

6690485523_67a0b3c707_z.jpg

..and bundled into the statue...before he even knows what's happening.

6690500707_19db596133_z.jpg

Percy Pantwitter is no more.

6690510567_a096337184_z.jpg

Once again the statue's eyes flash brightly.

6690506671_b298cf6e7e_z.jpg

Mmmm! Another pure one! Yum!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6690717823_f4aa30a67b_z.jpg

In the morning the campers gather together to decide what to do, naturally convening outside Ossie and Is's shack.

6690711973_64e5501840_z.jpg

"You know more than you're letting on!" Shouts one of the campers

"Yeah, we know that!" Shouts another "We've figured some stuff out, but we know you know more!"

6690704549_3181ac6f96_z.jpg

"Weeeell," sighs Ossie "we do know a little bit more."

"Uhhm, yeah, sorry," blushes Is "but we cannot interfere in the affairs of man."

"Tell you what," says Ossie "we'll tell you all some things, none of which are known to everyone. How about that?"

"Yeah," says Is "that's fair, and it's up to you what you do with it, just as long as you don't break the rules."

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Innocents or the Cultists. To win the game, the Innocents must eliminate all the Cultists, while the Cultists need to sacrifice ... Virgins. Any Third-Party (neutral) characters will have their own win conditions outlined in their roles.
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. There is no limit to the number of unvotes. The player with the most votes at the end of a game day will be lynched. If there is a tie then the first player to achieve this vote count will be lynched.
  3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after 72 hours, unless the group are decided on a lynch. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host, using the initial character PM thread only, in the first 24 hours of the night stage. They will not be accepted after this deadline has passed.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game hosts via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game. Any reference to previous games or “games... of life”, potatoes, books that people have read, pigeons, films or plays that people may have seen, Harriet, sluts, mathematics, 2pid Rouges or figurative suspense will be treated most harshly. Metagame at your own risk.
  7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  8. You may not edit your posts.
  9. You must post in every day thread.
  10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the hosts using your character information PM. No other communication with the hosts will be accepted or acknowledged.
  11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence.

Win conditions:

Innocents

You are an Innocent member of the group. You have a night action (because you’ve had some action at night before... :wink: ) To achieve your freedom from the curse of IMHOTEP, and thus escape the valley, you must eliminate all the Cultists.

Innocent Virgins

You are an Innocent member of the group, additionally you are a Virgin and have no night action. You might wish to keep this to yourself. :wink: To achieve your freedom from the curse of IMHOTEP, and thus escape the valley, you must eliminate all the Cultists.

Cultists

You are a member of the Cult of IMHOTEP. You worship him as the God he is, and you know that it is your destiny to awaken him and take your place at his side to rule the world in immortality. IMHOTEP demands specific sacrifice. :wink: You must sacrifice ... pure members of the group to awaken the evil inside him and fulfil your destiny.

The Players

6623471525_c049c6e28a_o.jpg

The Great God IMHOTEP (NPC)

Do not upset him. Address him correctly or face the consequences. You have been warned.

6608373163_2fd3453da4_t.jpg6608371167_c533ef2d0e_t.jpg

The Guardians – Ossie and Is (Rufus and Pandora - NPCs)

6643855363_8b360b470f_t.jpgSheila Suxsumb - Played by Tamamono

6643866653_4a754df087_t.jpgJohnson Cox - Played by Cecilie

6643864133_808f92d91b_t.jpgOphelia Balls - Played by fhomess

6644030399_ecddbc1907_t.jpgHans Gubernaculum - Played by Bob_

6643861959_d0d3342c85_t.jpgMelaena Stools - Played by CallMePieOrDie

6643859703_f7d8d9390a_t.jpgMellifluous Murgatroyd - Played by Scubacarrot

6643857563_3a5bb3c64d_t.jpgJennifer Taylor - Played by Sandy

6643868821_4816072ce7_t.jpgNicholas Hoare - Played by Fugazi

6643908649_06d0ebdf53_t.jpgPenelope Farago - Played by Waterbrick Down

6643906041_e0e2cdb15e_t.jpgBetty Swallocks - Played by TinyPiesRUs

6643903693_86a441ba32_t.jpgRoger Goodenarde - Played by Professor Flitwick

6643901415_4a4bced4a4_t.jpgPatrick Fitzwilliam - Played by def

6643899145_7dc6d6505c_t.jpgWilliam Fitzpatrick - Played by CorneliusMurdock

6643896727_d0a5b79221_t.jpgHugh Janus - Played by Eskallon

6643872007_a540288c82_t.jpgAloysius - Played by ADHO15

6643894663_ba76ac5d06_t.jpgGordon Bennett - Played by KielDaMan

6643892345_562243cfd9_t.jpgToulouse Leplot - Played by WhiteFang

6643884843_01fa344f66_t.jpgMehmet Attabar - Played by Hinckley

6643882069_4410626746_t.jpgIshaq Ettaq - Played by Wuntin

6643879525_886a9c9fd0_t.jpgMustafa Nidia - Played by Brickdoctor

6643876663_3e05a57276_t.jpgAhmed Apu - Played by Zepher

6643874135_2269a1f9af_t.jpgNadir Zenith - Played by JimButcher

The Departed

6643889967_39698bff68_t.jpg6690511125_1e30f47815_t.jpgPercy Pantwitter - Played by Rick - Innocent (Virgin) - sacrificed Night One

6643887385_770c61c721_t.jpg6686096621_6d83839c76_t.jpgFather Thomas “Tomato” Thomson - Played by Ricecracker - Innocent (Virgin) - lynched Day One

Reserves

zakura

VolcanicPanik

MegaBloks. After all that on Day 1... :sceptic:

Ah well, I'm sure there's plenty of behavior to be analyzed after that hectic day. I need to go and review it.

Is anyone else somewhat surprised that the kill was made with a syringe and not a gun? Maybe I've missed something, but that makes it look like the work of a vigilante or an SK.

Okay, this is not great :sceptic:. I am going to go over what was said and done on the first Day, then I will give my detailed thoughts.

Is anyone else somewhat surprised that the kill was made with a syringe and not a gun? Maybe I've missed something, but that makes it look like the work of a vigilante or an SK.

No, it says he was 'sacrificed', and according to the cultist's win condition, they need to 'sacrifice' people. I think it is safe to assume the cultists made that kill.

No, it says he was 'sacrificed', and according to the cultist's win condition, they need to 'sacrifice' people. I think it is safe to assume the cultists made that kill.

I would have expected a knife for sacrifice if the weapon wasn't a gun, but okay...I guess that makes sense if the victim has to be alive when placed in the statue. Though if there was a gun, the killer could just whack the victim on the head with it.

I suppose I'm trying to figure out too much from what's probably just a part of the story. :blush:

Damn it, Tomato was not only an innocent, but a virgin, too! And poor Percy!

Well, now at least we know that Mr. Fitzdef was right about the cultists' win condition.

I agree with Mellifluous, that was probably the cultists' kill.

Poor Percy. :cry_sad:

We must find these cultists before they get all of us. I, too, am going to think back on all the goings on yesterday and try to figure some things out.

You're missing something. :hmpf: It did say he was sacrificed, and Imhotep obviously found that pink-chested nut....ummm....yummy. :look: I doubt any SK or vigilante would feed their victims to the statue.

Speaking of which...does anybody else find it odd that that was the only kill last night? I'd've thought we had a vig and an SK, or at least one or the other. If they've been blocked or something by the cultists, they're in trouble. :sadnew:

Okay, that was a pretty crappy lynch and nightkill. The cultists need to sacrifice virgins, and we just lost 2. :hmpf_bad: But, hey, Gordon, that technically means we're not worth sacrificing! :purrr::wub:

I've been talking to some people in private and from the results of last night's Nocturnal Activities, it appears Fitzdef is cleared as an innocent, for those of you who were wondering.

I had been talking to Percy and have no idea if he had told anyone about his virgin status. He hadn't told me. I wonder if the Cultists just had a lucky "shot in the dark". :hmpf_bad:

I thought the vigilante was going to strike, but alas there was no kill there. Perhaps the person I was talking to is not actually the vigilante. There were no third-party kills either which means perhaps we had the right person protected as far as any possible serial killings go.

Aw, darn... two virgins killed on the first day, this is not good... The whole crazy jumping around with who to lynch in the last hours clearly wasn't a good plan :sceptic:.

Aw, darn... two virgins killed on the first day, this is not good... The whole crazy jumping around with who to lynch in the last hours clearly wasn't a good plan :sceptic:.

That wasn't exactly a plan. At least I hope it wasn't.

But we did save people who could potentially help us along the way or could lead us to the cultists. If any of the people who claimed to me are lying, we'll find out soon enough.

You're missing something. :hmpf: It did say he was sacrificed, and Imhotep obviously found that pink-chested nut....ummm....yummy. :look: I doubt any SK or vigilante would feed their victims to the statue.

I can only hope that is the case, since it would mean that enough SK and vig kills of Virgins could prevent the Scum from winning.

That wasn't exactly a plan. At least I hope it wasn't.

It was just a manner of expression... if someone actually planned that, they're either crazy or a cultist.

But we did save people who could potentially help us along the way or could lead us to the cultists. If any of the people who claimed to me are lying, we'll find out soon enough.

True, but is that worth sacrificing a virgin who didn't get a chance to defend himself? Since the virgins clearly are the target of the cultists, we should be careful just sending the quiet ones to their grave...

I just had a thought...

The cultist's goal is to sacrifice virgins, correct? I guess this is a specific number?? I can't imagine how else it would work...

What if we could deny them that oppertunity, by letting our virgins be killed by other night kills?

I realize this plan is crazy and would take away a possible kill of a cultist, but it would effectively limit the chance the cultist's have to sacrifice the virgins, and get closer to their victory goal.

Well, like Mehmet said, it was certainly better than lynching someone who could be helpful to us (like Captain Goodenharde). Although I do wonder just how many virgins the cultists have to sacrifice to win. Do they just need to kill all virgins, or is there a specific number or something?

True, but is that worth sacrificing a virgin who didn't get a chance to defend himself? Since the virgins clearly are the target of the cultists, we should be careful just sending the quiet ones to their grave...

You've got a point, Johnny. Normally in situations like these the quiet vanillas are the useless and generally expendable ones, but we're going to have to be extra careful to keep both virgins and Nocturnal Skillers alive. I suppose that's why Ossie and Is aren't forcing a lynch every day.

Definitely. But the lesson is "Don't post just once a day, giving nobody any reason to trust you." I blame Father Tomato. However, if you think I'm to blame, I accept that.

I just had a thought...

The cultist's goal is to sacrifice virgins, correct? I guess this is a specific number?? I can't imagine how else it would work...

What if we could deny them that oppertunity, by letting our virgins be killed by other night kills?

I realize this plan is crazy and would take away a possible kill of a cultist, but it would effectively limit the chance the cultist's have to sacrifice the virgins, and get closer to their victory goal.

No. NO. Once there are no virgins to sacrifice, they win. I'm guessing, but I'm pretty sure that would be the case. We keep as many virgins alive as possible until we've killed all the stupid cultists.

I hate leaving people in the dark, so I'm coming up with a list of Night Actions I've found along with the aliases I've created for them.

But, hey, Gordon, that technically means we're not worth sacrificing! :purrr::wub:

What does this mean?

No. NO. Once there are no virgins to sacrifice, they win. I'm guessing, but I'm pretty sure that would be the case. We keep as many virgins alive as possible until we've killed all the stupid cultists.

I urge our cook to look at the updated rules, and the win conditons as layed out by Ossie and Is, the Cultist win condition, specifically.

The 3 dots stand for a number, I am sure.

Shit,

2 dead but at least we have more info and help for combatting the Cultists. I'm gonna go ahead and PM a few people.

Uh oh, not a good night for us... :sceptic:

So let me get this straight: the innocents with night actions are not virgins, and none of the virgins have night actions. So those two roles are mutually exclusive, right? Now, has anybody been contacted by a person claiming to be both a virgin and having a night action yesterday? Because that person is obviously lying, we can determine that much. Since we can't take anything for face value, even if there is a person like that it would not warrant for an immediate lynch, but it would give us another hint of someone we should not trust.

If the cultists indeed sacrificed Percy, it shows that they're playing it safe by targetting a less vocal person who's less likely to be protected. And since he was a virgin (although I wonder why, with such an impressive banana that he got), he probably correctly guessed his importance to us innocents and did not confide to anyone, like Mehmet said.

Speaking of whom, I really did not appreciate the whole last-minute vote switcheroo stunt that Mehmet organized. At least I hope people don't follow something like that on consecutive days, for it's way too easy for cultists to abuse. Just think about it: Mehmet rallied just enough people to get a lynch in the last possible moment before sundown just by saying "quick, change your votes for I have a gut-feeling!" while most of us had already gone to bed. I'm not saying that makes him scum by default, but I do hope people are smarter than to fall for that trick again.

After all, we had many more potential people to choose from other than Father Tomato. I can't believe how easily all of them got off the hook just by saying they had an important night action or were virgins.

Newsflash! I'm an innocent as well, so either I'm a virgin or I have a night action. Take your pick. :tongue:

To keep everything out on the table, I'm going to let you guys know who has claimed to me. I will protect their identities and give their results as long as they trust me to. That way, we have transparency without having to put our important people at risk.

List of claimed roles

Donald Duck - Virgin

Daisy Duck - Virgin

Scrooge McDuck - Virgin

Magilla Gorilla - Protector, (verifiable conditions)

Scooby-Doo - Perhaps a tracker? (said would give me results after seeing what occurred during the night)

Superman - Has a verifiable strong role that can certainly come in handy. Waiting for verification. I wouldn't want the cultists to even know what this one does.

Inspector Gadget - Some form of investigator? Will let me know once the results are in.

Iron Man - Can't be killed at night

Batman - Vigilante

The Thing - Blocker

and Roger Goodenarde claims to be a flavor cop capable of seeing who is pure and who is not pure.

You've got a point, Johnny. Normally in situations like these the quiet vanillas are the useless and generally expendable ones, but we're going to have to be extra careful to keep both virgins and Nocturnal Skillers alive. I suppose that's why Ossie and Is aren't forcing a lynch every day.

You're right. This also makes me wonder if we should even vote at all without solid evidence against someone... Of course, there's always the risk of the cultists voting someone out in the last minute, but on the other hand that would expose them... But at this point we (or at least I) don't know if we even have a vigilante on our side, which on the worst case scenario would mean that if we don't vote, the cultists win by default.

Ugh, what a mess! :hmpf:

First red flag of the day!

Superman forgot to send his Night Action in. :hmpf:

I will write a play detailing my interactions with this individual. Superman, please defend yourself to me by PM only! Revealing yourself, if you are what you say you are, would be detrimental to the Town. But so is "forgetting" to send your Nocturnal Activity request in. :wall:

To keep everything out on the table, I'm going to let you guys know who has claimed to me. I will protect their identities and give their results as long as they trust me to. That way, we have transparency without having to put our important people at risk.

List of claimed roles

Okay, that seems to confirm that we indeed have a vigilante, but I have to wonder, Mehmet, how can the cultists allow you to live after this? :tongue:

What does this mean?

I meant the lovely night we spent together with his motor oil, of course.

Well, I am in no mood to repeat Day One. I'll just wait for this play, and hope it's helpful in today's vote.

The Rise and Fall of Superman Part I

Superman: Hey, I've got an excellent Night Action!

Harriet the Slut: Really? Tell me all about it!

Superman: Harriet? Why do you need an alias?

Harriet the Slut: I just like being Harriet the Slut. Do go on.

Superman: Hey, I've got an excellent Night Action!

Harriet the Slut: Really? Tell me all about it!

Superman: I can confirm Virgins!

Harriet the Slut: Really? How handy.

Superman: Oh, but it's even more than that. And it has a super clever funny name that seems right in line with our hosts' collective sense of humor! Therefore, I can't be making it up. Let me whisper the super awesome thing it does, so that the audience won't know. If there are cultists in the audience, it's best they not even know this is possible.

Harriet the Slut: Good idea.

(Superman whispers to Harriet the Slut)

Man from Audience: Hey!! What is he saying??

Harriet the Slut: Wow, that is a cool action.

Superman: Any clue who I should use it on?

Harriet the Slut: Porky Pig claimed to me in private to be a virgin. Use it on him.

Superman: I'd rather not. I'll use it on the Tazmanian Devil. He claimed to have a night action, so we'll know he's telling the truth if my Night Action doesn't work.

Harriet the Slut: But...then we don't learn anything. If your Night Action doesn't find a virgin, we don't know if they're Scum or a Campie with a Night Action, otherwise. :wacko:

Superman: Well, OK... I'll use it on Porky Pig then.

Scene 2

Harriet the Slut: Hey Porky.

Porky Pig: Hey, buddy. :classic:

Harriet the Slut: Did you see Superman last night? Cool action, huh? I wouldn't want the Cultists to know that we could do that, huh?

Porky Pig: What the megabluck are you talking about?

(Enter Superman)

Superman: Aw shucks! I dern plumb forgetted to get my Nocturnal Activity Request in. Hyurk hyurk! (Someone plays a comical trumpet noise.)

The End.

Okay, that seems to confirm that we indeed have a vigilante, but I have to wonder, Mehmet, how can the cultists allow you to live after this? :tongue:

I'm not afraid of them. They'll probably kill me, but I've found out a lot to be helpful after I'm gone. It's all out on the table now, with people to discuss with reference points. I have a couple allies behind the scenes who know everything I know...well, almost everything. I've almost got confirmation on the both of them.

I meant the lovely night we spent together with his motor oil, of course.

Well, I am in no mood to repeat Day One. I'll just wait for this play, and hope it's helpful in today's vote.

Do you ride the short bus? Is there really anything that drives the game that you are talking about some alliance between you and Gordon. Please be clear? I'm trying to take notes. No comical spam please. :blush:

:tongue: