lightningtiger

REVIEW - 4434 Dump Truck

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Oh, I have been waiting for this set and yesterday I brought it....

4434 Dump Truck

4434_01.jpg

Set Number - 4434

Release Date - January 2012

Parts Count - 222

Minifig's - 2

Price - 29.99 AU (29.00 AU Kmart)

Let's start as always with the box eh ?

:wink:

4434_02.jpg4434_03.jpg

Inside.....

4434_04.jpg

Contents of bag 1.

4434_05.jpg

New parts....oh, sweet new parts !

:excited:

4434_06.jpg

Okay, lets see it....what Lego City has been waiting for more than 30 years......

4434_07.jpg

A wheelbarrow !

Oh, now the minifig's are just plain standard City fare.

4434_08.jpg

Dam, this was stuck in the box.

:blush:

4434_09.jpg

Let's start building.....

4434_10.jpg

Okay, warning lights, etc., well safety first !

Time to Trick My Truck eh ? :smug:

4434_11.jpg4434_12.jpg4434_13.jpg4434_14.jpg4434_15.jpg

Bag one done, let's open bag two.

4434_16.jpg

More new parts....oh, joy !

4434_17.jpg

Continue tricking this truck !

:head_back:

4434_18.jpg4434_19.jpg

4434_20.jpg

4434_21.jpg

4434_22.jpg4434_23.jpg4434_24.jpg

4434_25.jpg

Again, that's a lot of photos eh ?

Side/rear angle shots now.

4434_26.jpg4434_27.jpg

Dumping a load and pack up time !

:classic:

4434_28.jpg

4434_31.jpg

Before, I forget...spare parts left over....not many again.

:wink:

4434_30.jpg

A parting shot now as they drive off in the sunset.....well, almost ! :smug:

4434_29.jpg

Ratings time again.

Design - 10/10....I consider this one of their best city trucks ever, perhaps even beating the 2007 cement truck. :wink:

Parts - 10/10.....what can I say, new orange parts, new panel and bracket components and that wonderful wheelbarrow tray ! :wub:

Minifig's - 7/10...just stock standard but they do the job I guess ! :wink:

Price - 8/10......okay, price for all those new parts. :wink:

Playability - 10/10...it's a true dump truck, tip it and open the flap....then dump your load of giant size pieces of gravel ! :wink:

Grand Total - 45/50...it's the wheelbarrow that carries this over the line to tell you the truth. :blush:

Anyway, no fooling around this time, 4431 Ambulance is up next....time for fresh batteries tomorrow in the camera and an outdoor shoot for sure ! :wink:

Posting the next review over the weekend. :classic:

Tiger Edit - I boo-booed missed last photo....fixed now ! :blush:

Edited by lightningtiger
Indexed

Nice review LT! Great photography as always. :thumbup:

Not the best looking truck that LEGO have ever produced but then I guess there are some real ugly trucks in the real world too. :hmpf:

What might be a worrying trend, however, is that for the 2012 City sets, LEGO seem to have introduced stickers to the front of vehicle rather than supplying interesting pieces like grilles and other modded plates. This truck has it and so does the SUV in one of the Forest Police sets... :sad:

Cheers

Rog

PS: You built the truck in left hand drive by mistake - I know that's what the instructions said but we both know that's wrong!

Edited by rriggs

Is your set a US set or non-US set? It would be right if your truck was from the US.

Edited by Esurient

Nice review LT. I almost picked this up.in the store recently, but I'm just not sure I need it in my town right now. The set looks good though, and I don't mind the sticker on the grille.

Oh, and is every minifig addicted to caffeine?? Let's hope that's all that's in this guy's mug. :wink:

Thanks for the feedback everyone so far, it's great to read your comments....a lot of hard yards are put into each review. :wink:

Now I'm actually a fan of the stickers on this.....realism I love the realism of this truck. :wub:

Though I do realise too some of you are purists....and that's okay by me too ! :classic:

'Costy' my background is a genuine Lego drop banner....rare to have unless you are a dealer or have been a spare of their's by a dealer. :grin:

I'm well known in the Lego retail world in my city. :wink:

Okay, last thing now....I built this according to the instructions for the purpose of the review only.....in Denmark and Germany of course they drive on the right side and we in Oz, or those in the U.K. etc., are left side of the road. :grin:

Keep reading.....next review up a.s.a.p.

I wonder after the ambulance should I do the small police car or the garbage truck....? :wink:

I wonder after the ambulance should I do the small police car or the garbage truck....? :wink:

I have both and I think both are wonderful sets. As much as I dislike the larger city cars, I love the new police car(and the almost identical yellow car from the camper set) however it did need a few mods that IMO Lego should have gotten right in the first place. So I vote police car!

I have both and I think both are wonderful sets. As much as I dislike the larger city cars, I love the new police car(and the almost identical yellow car from the camper set) however it did need a few mods that IMO Lego should have gotten right in the first place. So I vote police car!

Unless otherwise....police car it will be, besides it's only 15 bucks or so....money is starting to get tight again.....oop's ! :blush:

Nice review, LT. Left hand side drive is correct for Canada. :classic: I like those new parts.

Nice review, LightningTiger! Is the truck bright orange, or yellow orange?

Edited by JackJonespaw

Nice review, LightningTiger! Is the truck bright orange, or yellow orange?

Tow truck orange 'JackJonespaw'. :wink:

Now my next review I might not have up until tomorrow perhaps....I'll see. :wink:

Thanks for the review, have you got the new recycling truck yet, if so how do you compare it to this dump truck, thinking about getting one or the other :hmpf_bad:

Thanks for the review, have you got the new recycling truck yet, if so how do you compare it to this dump truck, thinking about getting one or the other :hmpf_bad:

Next week I'll be buying the garbage truck and after each one of the five in the Great Vehicles series will be photographed together. :classic:

Nice review 'lightningtiger'!

I've always been interested about this set... It hasn't gotten much talk!

Nice review, great photos. Why do all the trucks come with cups? Does LEGO think all truck drivers are coffee junkies? :tongue: I love that wheelbarrow! :wub:

Edited by Legocrazy81

Next week I'll be buying the garbage truck and after each one of the five in the Great Vehicles series will be photographed together. :classic:

Cool looking forward to it :wink:

A wheelbarrow? I havfen't seen ine of these in LEGO form for a while. I may pick this one up, but it probably won't be soon.