mordatre

MOC: Assassination at Golden Dragon Dojo

Put together this little MOC the other day. Wanted to use gravity to give a chain-based weapon (some sort of manriki with a blade) the look of it being in action. The Dojo was built as a background. Historical faults in design and architecture wasn´t something I cared about, this is a MOC in the Action Themes Forum.

Enjoy (or dislike).

6686528387_583a07f702.jpg

goldendragondojo5 by mordatre, on Flickr

6686527597_3de652ed82.jpg

goldendragondojo1 by mordatre, on Flickr

6686527971_66dd2dafaa.jpg

goldendragondojo3 by mordatre, on Flickr

6686528223_4fb7424ce5.jpg

goldendragondojo4 by mordatre, on Flickr

Click on images to enter Flickr-account. Larger size pictures.

6686528665_c28e630d43.jpg

goldendragondojo9 by mordatre, on Flickr

Your Dojo is wonderful! You cared enough to build a beautiful backdrop for your action -- the Shoji screens are :thumbup:

On it's end to be more precise (I would imagine - just guessing here).

That's what I was trying to say.

Is the red blood, or a floor design?

Could you take a pic without minifigs

Edited by Legoman273

That's what I was trying to say.

Is the red blood, or a floor design?

Could you take a pic without minifigs

The red is floor design. Now that you mentioned it, I see it could be mistaken for blood. I wanted to break up the tan floor with some colour and I thought red would look nice.

I´ll see if I could get a pic without figs tomorrow.

Turning the MOC on its side to make a weapon like this seem to move against gravity... it's an amazingly simple and lo-tech technique, but I never even considered the possibility until I saw this MOC! Absolutely brilliant, and the end result works perfectly!

The architecture of the building may not have been historically researched, but the overall impression is still wonderfully traditional- and rustic-looking.

This is really great! :sweet: You achieved an awesome sense of action with this simple technique. And the dojo looks very good as well. Love how you made that golden dragon too :thumbup:.

The scene is great, and the dojo is amazing. How did you do/ what part is that sparring mask on the right? (Not being a student of Eastern martial arts, the name escapes me at the moment.)

The scene is great, and the dojo is amazing. How did you do/ what part is that sparring mask on the right? (Not being a student of Eastern martial arts, the name escapes me at the moment.)

It's a part of this years Ninjago accessories. Kendo Jay, I believe it is, comes with it in a booster.

Nice dio here. Great idea with the chain weapon. I love how you have all the figs situated. The guard running to save his Master, while he's ducking the killing blow. Also makes me think of Scorpion, "Get over here!"

Great MOC!

I love the technique you used so the weapon seems to be actually thrown!

I also like how you built this dojo and how it's so clean :sweet:

Thanks for all the nice comments. I plan on making some more small MOC´s on this theme (Ninja that is, not Ninjago with their crazy vehicles and stuff). Who doesn´t love ninjas? :wink:

Great idea to achieve the flying weapon, it's really effective! I like the fact that you managed to get leaves outside the door of the dojo too. Really nicely composed!