Brickdoctor

Realm of the Mad God

Just picked up my best ring yet in Oryx's Castle. Paramount Speed. One of the most useless rings, maybe, but I'm proud, dammit. :laugh:

It's not useless. Classes like Rogues and Assassins depend a lot on Spd to dart in and out while cloaked or to lob poison. As a general rule, as long as Spd isn't so high that you can't control it, better Spd equals better dodging. Now, I would never use a Para Spd instead of a Para HP, simply because of the Para rings HP can't be beat for unmaxed chars, but Para Spd is not at all useless. (and you can get four Para Spds for the price of one Para HP, so there's that - if you're not playing Rogue or Assassin, though, I'd consider a Para Dex or Para Att instead within that price range, if you can trade for one)

Best character ever so ever. Made my second stat potion and at 60 fame already. :sweet:

Dex potion. Sprite Worlds rule. :tongue:

Dex potion. Sprite Worlds rule. :tongue:

Really? That's the one dungeon Skipper and I can never figure out. Snake Pits can be done with one hand behind our backs, UDLs are routine, Jungles are rushed in under five minutes, but Sprites?

:sing: I always end up riding a conveyor into a Limon turret. And the conveyors as a whole mess with my dodging.

Ahh. Died at 85 fame. But I wasn't carrying anything too big.

The hardest part was picking up the potion itself. (I'm not kidding :blush: ) Limon's easier than the Sprite Gods, as long as you don't run into the turret box. Moving is the whole key to that dungeon.

Really? That's the one dungeon Skipper and I can never figure out. Snake Pits can be done with one hand behind our backs, UDLs are routine, Jungles are rushed in under five minutes, but Sprites?

:sing: I always end up riding a conveyor into a Limon turret. And the conveyors as a whole mess with my dodging.

Sprite Worlds are hard, but then again, this is coming from the player who's only made it to a Manor of the Immortals twice and nexused out both times at the boss. :blush: Never been in an UDL, though, so that might be one to look into.

I've been ina sprite world once. I found it really strange (this is coming form me!) so I left before something bad happened. :grin:

OK, I just suck at RotMG in general then. :tongue:

I think you'd find getting pots much easier if you ditched your beloved Pally for a long-ranged class. As far as I'm concerned, it takes a ton of skill to dodge the god's shots with melee classes, let alone hit them: there's so little reaction time when you're just a swordslength away. And if you choose to play wizard, there's a huge advantage when you're a n00b XP new to the godlands: you can spam your spell to instantly kill the 'harder' gods - ie the Leviathan, or even just Slime and Ent gods. And if you're looking for Oryx drops but don't want to get too close, you can just hit him with a couple spells during the Artifacts phase, and you've more than qualified for a soulbound. Since I switched back to my Wizzy a day ago, I've gotten drops from 2/2 Oryx's, together worth about 5 def.

I think you'd find getting pots much easier if you ditched your beloved Pally for a long-ranged class. As far as I'm concerned, it takes a ton of skill to dodge the god's shots with melee classes, let alone hit them: there's so little reaction time when you're just a swordslength away. And if you choose to play wizard, there's a huge advantage when you're a n00b XP new to the godlands: you can spam your spell to instantly kill the 'harder' gods - ie the Leviathan, or even just Slime and Ent gods. And if you're looking for Oryx drops but don't want to get too close, you can just hit him with a couple spells during the Artifacts phase, and you've more than qualified for a soulbound. Since I switched back to my Wizzy a day ago, I've gotten drops from 2/2 Oryx's, together worth about 5 def.

Agreed. When I first started to seriously god hunt, the first char that I got a significant amount of stat pots with was an Archer. (got my first with a Priest, in case you were wondering, but it takes forever to kill things with a Priest's low DPS)

I sorta feel bad for the n00bs in the Nexus. Just traded an HP-restoring potion for a Staff of Destruction, still can't believe I got that sort of deal. Also got Pollen Powder for another HP potion, but that's a bit more of a fair trade.

What a coincidence, I just got one for the same deal!

Those of you who still want free stuff, check my freebie mule first. I got a lot of drops today, and I ended up throwing a lot of stuff on that mule.

O1 works in mysterious ways. Five O1 runs, total loot: 1 Def. Sixth O1 run is plagued by awful lag, and I only got Damage in during the Artifacts phase and "If I see you". Got BBow, Magus, and Def. :wacko: My guess is that during the time when I lagged during the Artifacts phase, I landed soulbound Damage since I didn't have to dodge. (knowing the bullets are client-side and that there are no bombs in that phase, I just stood and circled around a little bit to be on my toes when I my comp 'caught up' with the rest of the game and fired all the bullets at once; that meant that I didn't need to dodge and could just shoot) Then again, I got an Ancient Warning once with a Level 14 char, so maybe I just had really bad luck today.

Congratulations, by the way, to Costy, who got his Dark Blue Rank 13 Star. :thumbup:

And I died with my 257 Fame Huntress as a result of being a failed ninja. I ran into all of a red demon's shots and died.

I did however get 24 god kills :sweet:

Now I'm a mystic.

Edited by Costy

And I died with my 257 Fame Huntress as a result of being a failed ninja. I ran into all of a red demon's shots and died.

I did however get 24 god kills :sweet:

Now I'm a mystic.

Yeah, Red Demon bolts are very close together, so if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, it's easy to get shotgunned. As a long-range class, you just need to stay back and try to slip around the side each time the demon fires.

I used to hate melee classes, but shields make all the difference. With the low speed you can't dodge well, but most of the damage get soaked up by massive defense anyway, leaving you free to repeatedly stab your opponent. :sweet:

I used to hate melee classes, but shields make all the difference. With the low speed you can't dodge well, but most of the damage get soaked up by massive defense anyway, leaving you free to repeatedly stab your opponent. :sweet:

^^THIS.

Although, I still think that Knight will be my least favorite of the three sword-classes. :grin:

^^THIS.

Although, I still think that Knight will be my least favorite of the three sword-classes. :grin:

It's risky, though. If the Knight misses the Stun or the Paladin doesn't heal fast enough or the Warrior Berserks at the wrong moment...dead. Much less risk involved with a long-range class. I'd rather be alive than tank for a few extra risky seconds to get loot.

My unmaxed Necro got me Def and Vit from O2 with just a couple seconds of shots and one hit with the skull, so it's not as if we long-ranged classes don't deal enough Damage.

It's risky, though. If the Knight misses the Stun or the Paladin doesn't heal fast enough or the Warrior Berserks at the wrong moment...dead.

I meant the Defense bonus because of a Knight's shield. The special doesn't do much, but it prevents being dead too quickly. :classic:

I meant the Defense bonus because of a Knight's shield. The special doesn't do much, but it prevents being dead too quickly. :classic:

Exactly. I suck at dodging, between lag and general failness I get hit a LOT. With decent equips, I have a fair shot at surviving the abuse.

It should also be pointed out, there is a LOT less demand for higher-tier sword-class gear compared to the robe classes and the hide armor classes, meaning that if I DO ever get some pots I can get more for my "money". :wink:

Exactly. I suck at dodging, between lag and general failness I get hit a LOT. With decent equips, I have a fair shot at surviving the abuse.

On the other hand, being long-range gives you a lot more time to respond to bullets fired at you. Priest, especially: range of over ten (as compared to four for most melee weapons) and a healing ability.

It should also be pointed out, there is a LOT less demand for higher-tier sword-class gear compared to the robe classes and the hide armor classes, meaning that if I DO ever get some pots I can get more for my "money". :wink:

True.

I died with my sorcerer after being swarmed by gods. I did somehow get 70 god kills *oh2*

Now I am up to the final class I haven't got to level 20, which is the Trickster.

Edit: Made it!

Edit 2: Suicided

Edited by Costy

I died with my sorcerer after being swarmed by gods. I did somehow get 70 god kills *oh2*

Nice! I'm not completely sure, but I believe your god kills totals also counts "God Assists", which are when you damage a god and don't kill it, but are nearby when someone else deals the final blow. And last night, we were in that group of about five killing gods by the dozens. (before you die, you can use Muledump to see how many actual GodKills you have and how many are GodAssists using the Death Screen function, which is great for making sure you have the achievements you want for Fame farming, too)

I think today was the turning point from becoming a n00b to a person who is actually good at this game. I've already gotten 3 robe of the illusionists, staff of destruction, 5 pots, and beat many gods.

I think today was the turning point from becoming a n00b to a person who is actually good at this game. I've already gotten 3 robe of the illusionists, staff of destruction, 5 pots, and beat many gods.

Great! :classic: It's always nice to see members of the guild getting better. Now that you're getting stat pots, don't forget to contact me first if you need to buy something. :grin:

In particular, do any of you guys have Life Pots? I'm starting to seriously consider potting up an 8/8 Necro (I think I'm about 30 Def away), and I need at least seven more Life. I'll buy at 6.5 Def per Life. (either two trades at 13:2 Def for Life or one trade at 6 Def, 1 Wis/1 Att/2 Spd per Life, whichever you prefer)

Does anyone want any of this stuff?

-1 RHeart sword

-1 Soul Siphon Skull

-1 Spirit Salve Tome'

-1 Wand of Dark Magic

-1 Pit Viper Poison

They're all free except the RHeart, I'm looking for a Spd for that. :classic:

I can take the skull and wand. But since I'm asking for this stuff from you you'll just die with it in twenty minutes. :tongue:

I can take the skull and wand. But since I'm asking for this stuff from you you'll just die with it in twenty minutes. :tongue:

I'm not going to quest until I sell this, so no chance of that. :sweet: Where are you?