Sign in to follow this  
trooper 278

Munificent-class star frigate

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everybody,

Today I would like to represent you Munificent class star frigate.

Munificent comes from the Latin term "munificus", meaning "liberal", in terms of giving or bestowing.

Original: my model´s:

lenght: 825m. 80 cm.

Width: 426m. 46 cm.

Height: 243m. 30 cm.

building time: I have started in the half of year 2010 and had a great gap in 2011(some of you may remember my earlier version).

"Special" functions: engines are detachable and so the half of the ship. The back stabilizer can be pushed into the structure, so the ship can (very well) stand on the ground without need of any stand.

24990100.png

Shot at 2012-01-07

42486225.png

Shot at 2012-01-07

78485044.png

57527892.png

Shot at 2012-01-17

35393920.png

Shot at 2012-01-07

81433634.png

Shot at 2012-01-07

cdcsdc.png

Shot at 2012-01-07

UPDATES!

ok It´s me again, I have finally taken some closer pictures of „special functions“ and detailing, hope you like it.

23544628.png

Shot at 2012-01-17

62148849.png

Shot at 2012-01-17

39102019.jpg

Shot at 2012-01-17

Please let me know your opinion!

Wish you a nice day!

Edited by trooper 278

This is one of my favorite ships and am very surprised that Lego has never bothered to make one since it would have been the Separatist equivalent ship of the Venator.

A very nice effort and the ship looks pretty nice. To achieve perfect accuracy though it needs to be slightly thinner and longer. Still it is nice to see someone making an effort with a separatist ship. :classic::thumbup:

Nice frigate, you can can see alot of work has gon into it. Plenty of detailing but it dose look a but wide. Aprt from that great job, I havent seen one of these built before in lego. :thumbup:

Nice looking build and i like the composition with the background pictures except the last one with the thick border around the edge :sceptic:

81433634.png

I think this is defently the best angle to show the ship at :excited:. I think the back should be a little shorter, but the shaping of the wings and the front part is great :thumbup:.

This is one of my favorite ships and am very surprised that Lego has never bothered to make one since it would have been the Separatist equivalent ship of the Venator.

The Munificent is equivalent to the Acclamator, the Providence is equal to the Venator :wink:.

AWESOME ship 'trooper 278', great detailing and some of the photography/graphic art work - a huge :thumbup:

Funny though I can help thinking the front of it reminds me of Earth Force ships from Babylon 5....could just be me. :blush:

Again fantastic work 'trooper 278' ! :classic:

Thanks everybody!

To Werlu Ulcur:

I would say approximately 5000 pieces (but really don´t know exactly).

To legolandia:

Three Munificent-class frigates were enough to outgun one Venator-class(viz wiki.).

The Munificent is equivalent to the Acclamator, the Providence is equal to the Venator :wink:.

You are right there but I was basing it on the fact that the majority of the time in the Clone Wars I have seen Munificent fleets fighting Venator fleets. :classic:

Hello!

An impressive representation of the Separatists' most common capital combat starship. :classic:

"Special" functions: engines are detachable and so the half of the ship. The back stabilizer can be pushed into the structure, so the ship can (very well) stand on the ground without need of any stand.

Now it would be nice to see those praised special functions in images, too, besides the description. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I've always wanted to see an great representation of the ship, and you didn't disappoint me after I read the topic title - what an awesome ship you have there! :thumbup::blush:

All the angled plates seem to connect well, and the lower and well-greebled section in the centre of the hull is just plain fantastic. Great to see you've made the CIS logo too.

What a nice words Hollander, thank you very much,

Legostein my camera unfortunately broke down, but I will try to update those pictures as soon as possible.

Edited by trooper 278

Super work! LEGO look here for UCS inspiration ;) I like the backgrounds, very creative :) Could we have some more close-ups? ;)

Nice work! It's very detailed and instantly recognizable! I especially like the bridge. Do you have any pics of those "special features"?

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Well I have just gotten into the Clone Wars in the last 6 months and know after watching it I know what this is. Great job, I instantly recognized it. Also I really like your use of all the different sized LEGO tires.

Very nice work. Is it to scale with any other ships? I think you've captured the shape of the nose very well and I have seen quite a few customs of this ship struggle to do that. This ship takes me back to Battlefront 2, they were the weak ships that got taken out after two minutes of battle.

One thing that does stick out is the radar and antennae pieces in the centre. I don't know if they are accurate to the official ship but they look a bit like Peter Griffin plunger nipples and are a bit of a distraction at the moment.

Peter__s_Titty_Plunger_by_LeeRoberts.png

I know what you mean, yes they actually are a part of the official ship, but their position is little bit

different...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:FirstBattleOfSaleucami-GI.jpg

(sorry cant´t find better pic at the moment)

I wonder if you could achieve a better effect using click hinges to achieve the angle and plates to build the fins.

I wonder if you could achieve a better effect using click hinges to achieve the angle and plates to build the fins.

True that part should be redone, I am also thinking about making all the hull plates smoother….Or not?

This is a Beautiful MOC! I am amazed by the interior of the ship from above, the way you have attached the upper hull. This is a pretty nice looking capital ship, and you've done a great job recreating it! Can't wait to see your future builds.

I’m not familiar with this ship at all, but I do admire all the work and detail you’ve put into it! Your camera work is excellent as well! I love this big beautiful ship of yours! :thumbup::wub: