ZoomZoom

Review: 9494 - Anakin's Jedi Interceptor

Great review and pics! I knew I wanted this set from the prelim pics since I missed out on the originals (dark ages). Funny there was a lot of complaining when the actual pics first showed up.

It also looks like there is a scratch on the left side of the cockpit. I would contact Lego about that. They will send you another.

Thank you for the review!

This is probably the only time I would say this, but I prefer the CW Gunray minifigure than this one :blush:

This is on the top of sets to buy this year for me. A Jedi Starfighter, two Jedi, two droids, gunray, and lava harvesters, who can complain?

This is the review I've been waiting for, so thanks, and good job!

This is my favorite Jedi starfighter design, and though I wish they'd kept retractable landing gear and a droid socket, I'm thrilled to have the droid socket at all. Great design all around. I'm also happy to see the lava droid, something I didn't think we'd ever see realized in an official set. Obi-wan's new hair is more fitting to the character, as are Anakin's new faces. Sorry to see the top and bottom of your Nute Gunray don't match. I've never had that issue, so hopefully it was a one time mistake.

Great review of an excellent set.

Thanks for this review. The updated minifigs look pretty good, but I'm going to pass on this set. It's a great looking set; it just doesn't have much for an OT fan such as myself.

I agree brickdoctor, i'm passing also....I to am a OG fan only..With a few small exceptions

0_a54a2_89d4f174_XL.jpg

:laugh: I think the "action" picture of Gunray and the droid at the top is hilarious. Neither of them really have much to do with the set, but are nice bonuses nonetheless.

Anakin's Yellow Interceptor was my first Star Wars set and I definitely like and plan on getting this one. My only complaint though is price; this is double the MSRP of the original set, and that one had a Vulture Droid too. :sceptic: However, that's to be expected as of late.

Thanks for the review! :classic:

-Derek

Great review! I love this set! Great minifigs and beautiful ship. If only it was yellow or red, but I could live with it. Can't wait to get this set! Definitely one of the best this year. (So far. :tongue: )

Hopefully this will pop up in the Lego retail stores in the UK soon, along with the Y-Wing.

One question, can you do a close up of the astromech slot?

:laugh: I think the "action" picture of Gunray and the droid at the top is hilarious. Neither of them really have much to do with the set, but are nice bonuses nonetheless.

Yes, they have. The set is called "Anakin's Jedi Interceptor", not "Anakin v. Obi Wan at Mustafa". And Anakin uses the Jedi Interceptor to fly to Gunray before he killed him. The security droid was part of that scene as well. So basically, this set contains minifigures for or appearing in two different scenes.

Edited by Brickadeer

Thanks for the nice review :thumbup: I was thinking about buying the set, but didn't in order to wait for a proper review. I think I'll get it once it reaches the stores here :laugh:

Looks like the cockpit is light bluish grey instead of dark bluish grey (as seen on the former JSF's). Can anybody confirm?

Thanx DR

Good observation. I noticed that from earlier pictures, but I always assumed that it only appeared that way from lighting.

By the way, the Artoo image you provided as reference is actually a

that Don Solo probably already owns. :laugh:

Awesome looking set and awesome review as well, thanks for posting up.! I was really unsure about the way R2's legs hang out the bottom of the ship but I actually think TLG have done a really good job there in keeping with the sleekness of the design. This will probably be the only set I get from the Jan' Star Wars wave as this is one ship I've wanted to get since missing out on the original one back in the day

Nice review!

The only thing I dislike about this set is that Obi-Wan doesn't have legprinting. Now it just looks wierd.

I could understand this if Anakin didn't have legprinting as well, but he does.

Why's that? It's not as if he's more important than Obi-Wan, It's not like everyting revolves around him! :tongue:

Guess I'll have to use my old 2006 Obi-Wan legs.

By the way, is it possible to request for a comparison image between this Interceptor and the original yellow/red/blue version? Thanks!

This set is convincing, the spaceship is nice despite its stickers, the figs are wisely done too. I also appreciate the two platforms and the trans-clear parts.

Good job here !

Looks like a fine model. At first I thought the cockpit was just one big custom piece molded for this set - which I tend to dislike. However after closer inspection this seem not to be the case - can anyone tell me if the cockpit piece is from a previously used mold?

Very nice set, they have finally found a way to squeeve an astro droid into a jedi starfighter! :grin: with the acception of the clone wars ones, that design doesn't count.

Looks like a fine model. At first I thought the cockpit was just one big custom piece molded for this set - which I tend to dislike. However after closer inspection this seem not to be the case - can anyone tell me if the cockpit piece is from a previously used mold?

The main piece is indeed one big piece that was custom made for the first Eta-Class JSF version.

Good review. I was curious how they would do the underside so that they can fit an entire R2 unit in. As suspected the bottom leaves something to be desired. To be fair, most Lego Star Wars ships look rather unfinished on the bottom anyway, but I would have rather they streamline the bottom and only require that you use the R2 head for the top. They probably could have used less pieces and dropped the price slightly.

Still, a decent set with good play value. :thumbup:

Edited by sharky

Great review! I love this set! Great minifigs and beautiful ship. If only it was yellow or red, but I could live with it. Can't wait to get this set! Definitely one of the best this year. (So far. :tongue: )

I plan to take my Obi Wan Starfighter from episode III and swap out some pieces and make it his. I love that republic red color.

Thanks for the great review. I wanted to see how the underside was finished and im really happy with the solution they came up with. I think it may be good to go back and mod my old versions.