Storel

Brickbeard's Bounty II

[pid][/pid] 122D

Hiya,

Found this forum a few weeks back while looking for inspiration. I'm on a bit of a pirate/medieval kick at the moment and I thinking that now I've found this place I might stick around :-)

My first model up for viewing, is Brickbeard's Bounty II

6635720369_209e38acb4_z.jpg

I used two Brickbeard's Bounty's, Shipwreck Hideout and some other bits and pieces. I based it partly on the IFS but made some significant changes.

6635718789_2656ddf755_z.jpg

I built a larger cabin that includes access to the lower decks via staircase and also provides a space for the crew.

6635717273_b7bde7572e_z.jpg

Then for the lower deck I had a galley, some under the stairs storage and then the gun ports. Due to the additions I had to cut down on the number of gun ports :-/

6635721611_f7a064d22d_z.jpg

At the far end, I had a prison cell and the anchor winch mechanism.

6635723125_309f5b571b_z.jpg

This was my first proper attempt at a MOC ship, and having seen some of the ships created by others I've been inspired to make modifications. So I'm going to rebuild from scratch and take a bit more time over it I think.

Comments are welcome :-)

I think it's great, it reminds me of the BB B, but it's different and obviously bigger.

I think more people need to see this.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I love it. Great colour scheme and nifty design. Looks like it could be a UCS.

Thanks for the compliments :)

I do like it, but I feel I can make it better, so it'll be a pile of bricks soon. I just spent the evening sorting out a load of other bricks to use with the rebuild.

You nailed the lower decks, they look actually like the IFS! Nice work. :thumbup: This is an amazing ship overall and I can't wait to see more. :pir-classic:

A small little scene to pass the time whilst I rebuild.

Brickbeard's Bounty II still proved to be no match for the well trained Imperial's and their flagship.

6655994459_fe20631f8f_z.jpg

Brickbeard, all washed up and about to be imprisoned.

6655995561_d4dfbca8a4_z.jpg

Brickbeard's daughter escapes, vowing to free her father and pay back the redcoats for the destruction of the Bounty II

6655993353_bb3298d8f3_z.jpg

(one of these days I'll get around to sorting my lego out so that I can create better scenes to go with the models) :pir_laugh2:

Nice MOC I can see some of the lineage from the IFS, the double cabins and holds also a plus point. Can't wait to see BB III

Edited by Tomcat RIO