tiberium_blue

Winter Village: The Sleepy Oak

This is simply wonderfull, a really wonderfull creation. I would buy this if it was a Lego-set. Now all I can do is drool while watching it over and over.

What are that pieces that you make the walls?

43857.gif

6309997734_226758d49f_b.jpg

Winter indeed, David would probably approve. :grin:

I have a couple hundred pictures of those little cottage models I keep for inspiration but I couldn't tell you where they all came from. The outside is indeed based on one of them. If you know where it's from I'd be happy to give credit.

Excellent work! What is the room depth may I ask? I really want to make a building thats open at the back but was concerned if it was too deep there would not be enough light coming through from the front and wouldn't look great. I think this is pitched perfectly and thats the effect I want!

It varies from 10-20 studs but I wouldn't recommend it. To light the inside without washing out the outside too much and get 'reasonable' pictures with my old equipment took an age. The best way I could do it was longer exposures in low light and some post-processing in photoshop. If I built something like it again I'd look into using leds on the inside or maybe finally upgrading to a good dslr. Give it a try though and maybe take some test shots as you build?

I have a couple hundred pictures of those little cottage models I keep for inspiration but I couldn't tell you where they all came from. The outside is indeed based on one of them. If you know where it's from I'd be happy to give credit.

Please post all of your creations here! :cry_happy: I really enjoyed your Flickr folder. I even perused your favorites. :blush: I'm a fan.

I know this isn't quite winter village standard...

No, but it IS fantastic. I especially like the snow-capped bushes! Not really in line with the Winter Village theme, but a superb MOC overall. Looks like it wants to sit next to the MMV.

This is brilliant! The attention to detail on the inside is great. I love the rustic exterior, too. The bushes with the 1x1rounds...awesome! Everything about this is just great. Well done!

I have to admire you going the extra mile, even if it means creating something to grand for the contest! I love the monotone qualities of the exterior - despite the limited palette there are a ton of details. Blogged on Brick Town Talk :classic:

It's all so perfect that I can't find any one stand out thing to comment on - the whole build is exceptional. A huge congratulations on a superb MOC!

That one is Squires Hall from 1985. It's nice to see them live on in a new form. :thumbup:

I`ve always been fan of your creations tiberium, and it`s keep going, and going, and going...

Magnificent building in all respects, especially the walls :classic:

That is just wow, it looks so amazing. But must say and glad the pictures have been watermarked because i can clearly see this being sold on ebay as instructions.