Sign in to follow this  
Dakar A

MOC: Pallet/Container truck

indexed.gif V-LC-15A

Bonjour! It's Dakar here with my first 6-wide published MOC!

After purchasing my first copy of 3366 Satalite Launch Pad, I got a second copy at Target, on sale, and a copy of the Kingdom's polybag target parctice.

I then dumped the peices out, and built this: :laugh:

00.jpg

I tried to build it in the style of the newer city trucks, while still keeping an attractive colour scheme and incorporating the new swept-back windscreen. At first, I tried to build a missile truck, but the wheelbase was too short, and the peices did not fit the shape my imagination had perscribed. Enough jibber-jabber (I've always wanted to say that! :tongue: ) The truck is similar to a pick-up, but one that is still able to carry pallets. It can hold anything that is 6x6, so it could be modified to make a UPS/package truck.

03.jpg

The Red/whie/grey colour scheem is meant to be reminiscent of 7747 windmill transporter.

05.jpg

The pallet has on it: 4 panes of glass, a lamp, an apple crate,a computer, two propane tanks, a large fuel tank, and two bottles of champane.

06.jpg

08.jpg

Near the cabin is a refrigerated compratment, holding fruit, dairy, and other perishables (Not Removeable).

11.jpg

The driver, who accounts this blurry photo to his use of a polariod, in a snow! :tongue:

09.jpg

My personal favorite part of the build, the SNOT-180 rear bumper. No specific use, I just felt like adding it! :excited:

12.jpg

Jack Petersen and his commercially operated Dakar Motors C117 Container truck.

Thank you all for reading and showing your interest in this moc! If you like comment! Point out any issues theis has versus a real-world version. And thank you all for reading and the warm welcome I've received here at EB! :blush: And look for more town MOCs, coming soon!

Brick On,

Dakar

Not bad truck 'Dakar', orange lights on top....warning lights ? :wink:

What kind of real life vehicle is it based on ? (I always find it best to try and use the real world to inspire my Lego creating :wink: )

Still it's a great build out of the parts of a different style of vehicle....the true purpose of Lego to create and recreate something different - a huge :thumbup: to your creativity ! :classic:

Brick On Truck On 'Dakar' ! :classic:

Not bad truck 'Dakar', orange lights on top....warning lights ? :wink:

What kind of real life vehicle is it based on ? (I always find it best to try and use the real world to inspire my Lego creating :wink: )

It's meant to be something like this...

17_ton_flatbed_rigid_lorry.jpg

And yes, it seems that one too many an unwarry citizen has hat to go to emergency surgery due to falling pallets... :devil:

Dakar

This MOC is made as a cross between the truck in my earlier post and this one:

Bruder_Mercedes_Benz_Sprinter_DHL_with_Hand_Pallet_Truck_and_2_Pallets_th2_0.jpg

Brick On

Dakar