Peppermint_M

The Shrine of Aquz

building.jpg

In the ancient and dry days of the second great drought, all seemed lost. Desperate for water a young man left his home and searched for many days. His last drops left his drinking skin and, weeping bitter tears at his impending death, he beseeched the gods for water. Striking a nearby rock with the emptied skin, fresh cool waters burst forth! News spread and soon a dam was built to collect the miraculous waters, as years went by a shrine was built upon the rock and dam, to thank the gods for this water. After a time a small temple was built.

Although the temple fell from favour, the shrine is still a welcome sight to travellers. The latest heritor to the temple is a pragmatic man, knowing well that dusty travellers and the last few pilgrims appreciate somewhere to rest over somewhere to worship, he turned the ruined building into an tavern and welcomes the many characters who pass through.

building2.jpg

The tavern host stands at his bar, greeting weary souls to his shady and well supplied home. One mercenary has a nize hat. There is also space and water for pack animals and horses.

cart.jpg

Merchants leave some supplies and equipment at this popular waystation, incase of damage to their own as they travel. A ruin from a long gone era stands guard.

shrine.jpg

The shrine itself. Although the gifts of money were removed long ago, the gilt cups and statue remain in place, for fear of displeasing the provider of water. A greatful vagabond takes a drink while Yz the snake charmer practices his art.

I hope you enjoyed this MOC.

Great MOC! I love how it is so peacefull but still with action in it!

I am sure my merchants will pass by regulary on their ways through the desert!

Very nice! That fountain in particular is a sight for sore eyes. :thumbup: I would consider adding some palms or something though, it's always nice for travellers to park thier ride somewhere shady, and water on that scale usually supports a bit more greenery around it. :classic:

The water looks stunning and the temple looks good too, although maybe a bit more roof to it?

Nice moc, good photos and lighting, I do like the shiney water, if it's a dam then it should look more dammy, some snot tan tiles to look like sandstone bricks would do, or maybe a roundy wall using 2x1 bricks and cylinders. Like it :thumbup:

Edited by CptMugwash

This is a really nice build, lots to like. The temple with water effect is particularly good, and I love the snake charmer, horse trough, and ancient ruin. I agree the lack of roof is a bit of a challenge for travelers in these hot climes, though I understand how this makes it easier on your artists.

:classic: