trooper 278

Hammerhead-class cruiser

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everybody,

Firstly, I would like to wish you all the best Lego experience for the upcoming year 2012.

Now, little bit about my project. I would like to introduce you my approximately half meter long version of not very well known Hammerhead-class cruiser. (For those who don´t know what I am talking about please check: http://starwars.wiki...d-class_cruiser )

Tried to be as realistic as possible, but due to ship´s shaping it is really very difficult to achieve the correct form, so please judge indulgently. Now make yourself comfortable, here comes the pictures....

78753722.png

31643152.png

35674848.png

56619271.png

61633100.png

43820706.png

35375543.png

Looks good, from what I can tell, but I really can't see much with all the effects you've applied to the pictures. Do you have any pictures without them?

Nice ship and a very good effort. You will need to add some weapons to the top and bottom of the head like the picture in the link shows :thumbup:

I can't say that I really love the ship. Your design is maybe very good, but what I do not like much is the ship itslef.

Whatever, do you have any pic without the plates, so as we can see how the indise is built ?

Because technically speaking, I'm sure your model is very interesting. :)

I love your design of this ship trooper 278 and from what I can see it looks a good representation except for the fact the wing parts are too long and sloped.

Here is a model of it with the correct angles.

I love your design of this ship trooper 278 and from what I can see it looks a good representation except for the fact the wing parts are too long and sloped.

Here is a model of it with the correct angles.

Thanks,

I know what you mean but it seriously wouldn´t fit to my structure, Also I have wanted to make ship look more "aggressive". But definitely well spotted. I will see what I can do...

PS.Sorry Anio don´t really have any pics without the plates...

Sorry Anio don´t really have any pics without the plates...

Too bad. :(

I like this MOC. It's nice to see a big capital-size ship MOC of some fresh material. I never had heard of this ship before, but it certainly has a Star Wars feel, especially with the Republic color scheme. Nice work.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

This ship has always been one of my favorites from the KotOR and TOR games and I gotta say, in my opinion you recreated it in LEGO perfectly :thumbup:

I really love it :wub:

Regards,

Mitch

35674848.png

Oh I just noticed that the dark grey armour behind the neck should be red all the way down. I think I'll buy TOR now :sweet:.

While we're still on the issue of accuracy, I think the engine bank could use some work. If I remember correctly, the Endar Spire has four thrusters rather than three. The bow could use more red as well.

I remember this ship from the comics! :thumbup: You've done a pretty good job building it in LEGO form. It does look pretty large.

This ship has always been one of my favorites from the KotOR and TOR games and I gotta say, in my opinion you recreated it in LEGO perfectly :thumbup:

[...]

Same goes for me. It's a lovely ship, iconic for the old Republic. It appears both in KOTOR 1 and 2 (two of the best SW games ever) and I think the creation of trooper 278 is a great representation of the Hammerhead-class cruiser. Especially the head section includes some interesting angles and the back section looks great too. Really great to see a not so famous Star Wars ship. Amazing job! :thumbup:

While we're still on the issue of accuracy, I think the engine bank could use some work. If I remember correctly, the Endar Spire has four thrusters rather than three. The bow could use more red as well.

That's correct, according to wookieepedia, a Hammerhead-class cruiser has 4 ion engines.

First of all thank you very much for your attention and comments!

Ok here are some things which are needed to be explained:

The engines

There´s four of them http://www.bwafer.com/starwars/hammerheadfrig.html , and if you look little bit more careful, you will see them on my model, they are not just turned on though…

And why is there the middle engine? Well according to this http://www.moddb.com/groups/the-old-republic/images/raid-on-fondor-shipyards there gotta be some middle engine.

Colours

Yes, As Mr Man correctly said, the top of the middle part is supposed to be red as well, haven´t done it because of lack those dark grey top pieces in red.

Guns

There should by 4 black batteries on the main head, I have only done two of them, because the other would destroy the whole shape of the ship (I did try it)

Ok hope I haven´t forgotten anything (if i have, please let me know :wink: ) and again thanks for your comments.

Edited by trooper 278

And TOR :sweet:.

True, but the TOR version is rather different. Which makes sense since TOR takes place about 300 years after KotOR.

The ion engines are positioned differently and the color scheme has changed as well.

Would be cool to see that one in LEGO as well, though :sweet:

Regards,

Mitch