hii all,

i'm having a problem , i've got myself some RCX bricks with software CD.

All is "working" on my laptop with Windows Vista( i know this can be trouble with old software) but i can not download the firmware into the RCX brick.

Is this solved just to get an old PC or are there other solutions??

hope to get some answers

greetz

You could try Windows compatibility mode or perhaps a virtual machine. I don't own a RCX so i can't test it for you :(

Thanks for the reply,

Its running in compatible mode and all is working except the firmware., i downloaded some other firmware in it from another piece of software ( bricxcc ) it works but then i cannot download the " tasks" from R I S into the RCX. I think thats normal becouse its a piece of firmware wich talks to a piece of software from another party.

I'm going to try the virtual machine , if im finding time today?

Perhaps a little soon....... But HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

Is it locking up as if I remember dual core/processor machines had a issue with it and you had to download a fix

I couldnt get the RCX to work on my laptop on Vista so use it on my desktop on XP. I have a couple of patches, one for XP and the other for the tower.

I couldnt get the RCX to work on my laptop on Vista so use it on my desktop on XP. I have a couple of patches, one for XP and the other for the tower.

Both machines could be dualcore. Maybe your disk is corrupt?

This was what I was referring to (search for dual core on page)

http://channel9.msdn.com/coding4fun/articles/Tips-and-Tricks-for-Lego-Mindstorms-Programming

Both machines could be dualcore. Maybe your disk is corrupt?

This was what I was referring to (search for dual core on page)

http://channel9.msdn.com/coding4fun/articles/Tips-and-Tricks-for-Lego-Mindstorms-Programming

I think that Vista is the problem, I (and others) seem to have a lot of problems with programs on vista, like LDD also.

(both dual core, desktop pentium D 3.0g with XP, laptop centrino 2.2g with vista)

Edited by Bricktrain