Sign in to follow this  
Dix

Winter Village: Inn

indexed.gif B-OV-16A & V-LV-42A

Hi all,

This is my entry for the second Winter VIllage Contest.

It's a small establishment where travellers can seek lodging and have something to drink and eat. A lorry is delivering freshly cut trees to the christmas tree stall.

I hope you like it.

6775760241_f08956fd11_z.jpg

Winter_village_contest_1 by Dix |, on Flickr

6775991759_cc80bba042_z.jpg

Winter_village_contest_2 by Dix |, on Flickr

6781499781_1e9dc3a356_z.jpg

Winter_village_contest_3 by Dix |, on Flickr

6775757885_fe884206cb_z.jpg

Winter_village_contest_4 by Dix |, on Flickr

6600638649_6c0184e584_z.jpg

Winter_village_contest_5 by Dix |, on Flickr

Update

Did a quick brick count and came up with 846 bricks and 8 minifigs

Edited by Phred

This is beautiful! I especially like how you made the snow look as if it is melting off of the roof and the fenders on the old time truck are nice. I love how you did the beds too. The one thing I would add if you have them are a couple of the lighted bricks.

Edited by Dapper-D2

This is really great! I like it that one can have a refreshment, then a place to sleep it off. ;)

Very nice use of space in a corner building.

I may have to add this concept to my Winter Village for next year!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

This is great, Dix! It looks like it would fit right in. You've managed to squeeze all the features of a winter inn into a small space. It just needs a roaring fire for everyone to sit around!

It's really wonderful! So many details so perfectly made... and I love the idea of a corner building. Congratulations!! :thumbup:

Edited by Priovit70

It looks so cozy! This one is my favorite entry so far. I really love the detailed interior, the beds and the building!

Heyyy, well done! Great entry, but I'm not surprised - you did win the contest last year for a reason! The windows reminded me of something - after a small search I retrieved your Harry Potter MOC, hehe this type of buildings seems to be your specialty.

The only thing at bothers me a little is the empty space on the corner of the second floor behind the doors - but perhaps there is something?

This is lovely! I had a very similar idea and started playing around in MLCad, but realised I just wouldn't be able to finish on time - and there's no way I'd have come up with anything close to this. The big round bay window is nice, and the Christmas lights above it - and the car is very nice, too. Best of luck in the contest, I wouldn't be all that surprised if this turns out to be good enough to repeat last year's result... :

Great work! I would definetely buy something like this. But isn't the piececount a little on the high side to be in the spirit of the winter village sets? I would be curious how many pieces it is.

The one thing I would add if you have them are a couple of the lighted bricks.

I have them somewhere. However couldn't find them. The only one I've found emits a red light. When I add this light to my entry I think it will no longer be a resting place :).

It just needs a roaring fire for everyone to sit around!

I really wanted to add a fireplace. If only because I could add a nice chimney. However not much space left inside, but the deadline is postponed so will have a another look at that.

The only thing at bothers me a little is the empty space on the corner of the second floor behind the doors - but perhaps there is something?

I think I will change the walls on the second floor so you can see the corridor.

But isn't the piececount a little on the high side to be in the spirit of the winter village sets? I would be curious how many pieces it is.

Did a rough piececount a couple of weeks ago. At that time I didn't exceed the number of bricks although entry wasn't completly finished. Will do a new piececount soon.

Edited by Dix

This is a beautiful addition to the winter village! I love the color scheme and the overall design. The interior really adds some playability and makes one think there is a lot more under the surface.

Keep up the great builds.

Good luck in the contest! I won't be able to compete with this one.

That is really nice. How did you get the pieces for it? Did you just use a Post Office Set?

Edited by Grimmy

Peaceful place! :blush:

The kiosk for the sale of trees with the owl is awesome and the house is beautiful.

I love those bedrooms with that nice hallway :blush:

The fantastic internal structure should be taken as examples by Lego! :wub:

Top work! :thumbup:

One of the best christmas mocs this year :thumbup: The build is just plain awesome, and that gorgeous roof! I really wished this was a christmas set :cry_happy:

What a beautiful inn 'Dix', detailing is perfect and that second floor is just too much....good luck in the contest and Brick On in the snow ! :classic:

I keep looking at the Winter Village entries, and I keep coming back to this one.

You mentioned that you might change the corridor on the second floor. Have you given any more thought to that.

Good luck with the contest.

Andy D

I keep looking at the Winter Village entries, and I keep coming back to this one.

You mentioned that you might change the corridor on the second floor. Have you given any more thought to that.

Good luck with the contest.

Andy D

Couldn't agree more. Never mind the piece count - this one is a beauty and would fit right in with the others.

I don't know how I missed this one until now, but I am glad I found it. As others have said, this is really beautifully done and honestly could be mistaken for the next official release. Everything about it is pleasing - the massing, the details, the color palette. I hope there isn't some piece count technically that makes this exempt - you have my vote! :classic:

My opinion is similar to others: this is a very lovely house with beautiful details. I like the fact that it's cornered with a bay window. And the truck next to it looks amazing too. Overall, the colour scheme fits very well with the rest of WV sets, so it's a great addition. Really well done :thumbup: and good luck with the competition!